Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

SUPPER CLUB - Monday, March 6th

General discussion of the quilting world, and topics that don't fit in other categories.
purrfect-lady

SUPPER CLUB - Monday, March 6th

Post by purrfect-lady » Mon Mar 06, 2023 6:24 am

Good morning,

We are 33* and dry. Hope it stays dry for my walk. My neighbor and I walk at 8:05. We live by a high school and that's when traffic dies down. Nothing spells SCARY more than walking along a road crowded with laughing, racing, yakking teenaged drivers!

Yesterday I did 3 loads of laundry, put binding on a quilt, added snaps to the shirt I made, removed the darts from that shirt to give it a bit more fullness, futzed around with my sewing room a little more, and then made 10 more crazy blocks. A very full day! This morning I have to make a quick trip out to buy a birthday gift, and then going to the birthday lunch. We were a group of five former co-workers who get together a few times a year to celebrate birthdays and just to catch up with each other. Sadly two of our group passed away in Jan and Feb. So we're only three now. I've been told we're going Italian or Mexican. Either will be great with me! Any extra time I have today will be spent on ughlies or in the sewing room.

JANA - what a generous offer! And I will take you up on it! I am looking for a classic pattern, collar, long sleeves, cuffs, rounded tails (not cut off at hips like I saw some modern patterns). A western yoke is nice, but not crucial. I have size 42, which just barely fits Bill (now that I took out the darts that I'd put in and was so proud of!) So this one will be for Alec who has a slim build.) But the other boys would probably need a 44. They are huskier builds. If you have an extra pattern I could use, I would love it! I promise I would return it all intact. It never occured to me that I wouldn't be able to find one. Or that they are so expensive now! Putting picture here of the shirt I have done

CAROL - where will the quilts go that your teams make?

BECCA - You are lining up projects and don't even have a sewing space yet! A true blue quilter for sure!

TINA - sounds like your weather is purrfect right now! Enjoy! And you must be feeling a lot better if you are out working in the yard. Just don't do any raking!! That's the worst thing for you, for your current injury but also for your chronic sciatica. Rearranging my sewing room is a big deal. It's quite a bit smaller than yours, but has twice as much stuff in it! My center floor space is only about 5' square so there's not a lot of maneuvering room when you're pulling out tables and shelving units to move across the room - and you have to share that maneuvering space with the husband, cat, and dog who have to be in the middle of everything! lol! And I needed the husband do do all the heavy lifting.

LORI - Oh, I would NEVER tell my friend about her cooking. She wouldn't be my friend any longer, and after this winter, we can't afford to lose another friend! She has been cooking for her family for 48 years and maybe they all like it.

Since Im going out to lunch today (didn't know this until yesterday afternoon), I'm not sure about supper - I may be too full for a real meal by evening. In that case, Bill will get grilled cheese. I WAS going to make Irish's Haluska (sp?). Tomorrow we have friends coming for supper and I promised them spaghetti. Haluska may get punted to later in the week.

What's happening on your plate tonite?

Becca

Re: SUPPER CLUB - Monday, March 6th

Post by Becca » Mon Mar 06, 2023 12:11 pm

Hello everyone Another. Gorgeous day here with another predicted for tomorrow I love them Got 2 walks in today plus took care of more business Seems that’s my life until all is settled with house now
Maryz Your shirt is very nice Is it too small
Enjoy your time with friends I have never had baked Spaghetti but it doesn’t sound good
Tina So happy to see you post Glad you could get bout in yard Font overdo
Please
The Breakfast was good I promised Mark a cobbler & chicken n dumplings for tomorrow Today is a question for now.
Hugs Becca

gershwin64

Post by gershwin64 » Mon Mar 06, 2023 12:20 pm

Hi everyone!
Mary your shirt looks great! Love that flannel ❤
That's crazy about your pattern. I always found patterns ran huge compared to store bought, guess not anymore huh.
Maybe it would've been easier to empty your sewing room out in the hall and then start bringing in and rearranging? That's what we did here.
Becca, I was just reading some cobbler recipes, I'm craving some. Do you have a favorite recipe you'd want to share?
Dad bought a walk behind weed wacker so Frankie is over unloading it and might even be using it for him. I stayed home because I can't get up Dad's steps and his lawn chairs outside are very threadbare, I'm pretty sure someone is going to end up on the ground and I didn't want to go through that right now.
Frankie mowed our front yard and then I turned on the sprinkler system to get it all washed.
I'm kinda taking it easy today and reading a book. When he comes back I want to go out back and see what needs doing. The winds destroyed one of our metal and wood shade things where we had 2 lawn chairs and a table so I want to see what else happened out there and I want to enjoy the pond for a little while today. We're 70° right now and it's beautiful.
We're having clean the fridge out leftovers tonight so no cooking. 🥰
Tina

QuiltGram8

Post by QuiltGram8 » Mon Mar 06, 2023 4:45 pm

Wow! That shirt is awesome! Sorry I missed the dinner bell!
I made spaghetti tonight. We both enjoyed. We hadn't had it for quite a spell.
Got my laundry finished. Not much else though because I was busy typing up some notes to take to our neighborhood meeting on Wednesday. The condo HOA will be turned over to the condo owners collectively. We have to meet at a lawyers office later in the month. We have called this neighborhood meeting to prepare ourselves and get an idea who might be interested in being on the board.
Just met the newest neighbor today. She is moving from Colorado and is fearful that she may have been caught up in a scam company for moving her furniture. I am saying a prayer that it will work out ok. We feel so sorry for her to have this to deal with.
I will try to be on time tomorrow.
HUGS, 💕 Vel

zfatcat

Post by zfatcat » Mon Mar 06, 2023 6:41 pm

Mary, nice job on the shirt. Hope you can find a better size to fit. You know that's why There is the 5/8 seam allowance. So you can adjust your size.

Vel, that seems like a big undertaking for your small group.

Tina, Lucky you with the nice weather. We are usually in the low 70's by now. This year has been really cool for us. With the exception of summer.

Becca, what kind of cobbler did you make?

I finished up my Bee quilt finally. I posted a picture. Now I need to join a Zoom meeting for guild.

Dinner was taco salad that I threw together from leftovers.

Sleep well.

Lori 8-)

Quilter7

Post by Quilter7 » Mon Mar 06, 2023 7:51 pm

Good Evening,

Maryz - My co-chair is spearheading this project. I think it will be going to CASA. The Guild gives a quilt and a book (Read me a quilt). Shirt looks really great Mary! Congratulations.

Jana - Must be so nice to have party behind you and you can get back to sewing.

Tina - Glad you are feeling better.

Becca - Good for you getting out for a walk. I did get out for mine this afternoon. The wind feels very cool, but it is nice to get outside.

Lori - Our Guild's Board meeting is tomorrow night. So glad I am not in charge of it!

Vel - Spaghetti is my favorite! Maybe tomorrow.

Dinner tonight was Marinated Chicken, Mashed Potatoes, Salad and Broccoli.

Carol

Return to “Chit Chat”