Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

SUPPER CLUB - Sunday, March 5th

General discussion of the quilting world, and topics that don't fit in other categories.
purrfect-lady

SUPPER CLUB - Sunday, March 5th

Post by purrfect-lady » Sun Mar 05, 2023 7:04 am

Good morning,

We are 32* and dry this morning, going to 50* for a high. And this will be our next 4 days before the rains return. I'll take it!

Yesterday turned into quite an adventure in the sewing room. We ended up doing a lot of rearranging and cleaning, and I have a little tweaking to do today, but it's like a whole new room now. :D And I plan to put it all to good use today! Along with the washer/dryer. Then we went to our friends for supper. She made baked spaghetti and gosh, it was awful. I really enjoy their company but she is the worst cook EVER. Bill agrees. But then, maybe they don't like my cooking . . . . We try to steer them towards restaurants if we can when we're getting together.

IRISH - glad you finally made it onto Q! I have occasionally had problems, too, but usually when we're traveling and I'm using my phone and internet is sketchy. Good to hear you are doing better. Keep up that good work!! But now your sis isn't doing so well. Good thing you two have each other. And I've been meaning to ask you - after watching the news reports on snow in Tahoe area, I've been wondering how Kathy and Tim are doing. I know the news always puts the most dramatic pix up, and I hope that's what they are doing and that K&T are OK where they live. I hope your yarn party is a great success and you see bags of it going out of your house! I had to look up 'haluski' (again because I forgot what it was). Cabbage, onion, and noodles fried together? Anything else? It actually sounds good to me and I have all the ingredients so maybe tomorrow . . .

LORI - I have the #57 1/4 foot. That phalange keeps me on track. I like your new and improved OWL block with the blues. But the other one is great, too! Can your brother get PT at home or can he drive to PT and/or OT? Sounds like it's really helping him.

CAROL - I guess you all are going to force me to deal with my HST's. Another between projects project, I guess. Good camping sewing. Lori is right - they do multiply in the closet! Maybe I need to start leaving the lights on . . . You're making a story board for your guild's new project? Details please!

BECCA - good to hear all the hard work is done and you can take a long relaxing break before it's time to move into your new place. Is there room to set up sewing at Denise's or are you mostly just doing handwork for now? I know you bought a new embroidery project a few weeks back. Will be praying for little Gabriel. Is his twin Aniston?

Tonite I'm dicing up leftover teriyaki chicken and adding it to stirfried rice. I'll add in some green onions at the end. Bill loves meals like that. And I'll make a salad on the side. But tomorrow night, I might try that Haluski thing IRISH mentioned.

How are your plans for supper coming along?

Quilter7

Re: SUPPER CLUB - Sunday, March 5th

Post by Quilter7 » Sun Mar 05, 2023 8:02 am

Good Morning,

Maryz - The Story Board for the Intra-Guild project. We are having members sign up then assigning teams to make a quilt. Each member of the team will make one block. The story board is to explain how the block is constructed. You know what they say "a picture is worth a thousand words".

We ate leftovers last night. It was a clean out the refrigerator night. Tonight we will have Parmesan Chicken, Mashed Potatoes, Broccoli and a Salad.

Carol

Becca

Post by Becca » Sun Mar 05, 2023 12:02 pm

Hello to all
Gorgeous day here at 70 Sitting on their porch I will have a screened in porch when I move I’m sure I will use it
Maryz I too thought I would like Irish’s dish
Enjoy your clean sewing room They get messed up on every project
Yes Aniston is Gabriel s twin
The lady brought the quilt today One is full size lacking one row It’s scrappy four patch I will finish & donate once I move The other is one started of appliqué Two things to work on I can’t set a machine up here Just handwork
We may have Breakfast tonight Will see
Hugs Becca

Quilter7

Post by Quilter7 » Sun Mar 05, 2023 1:07 pm

Maryz - A few years ago I asked someone at Jo-Ann’s when they would be getting a specific pattern. I was told the company sends whatever without any ordering. You may need to go online and just pay the shipping costs.

auntjana

Post by auntjana » Sun Mar 05, 2023 2:05 pm

Good afternoon!

Mary- Many years ago, when I worked for House of Fabrics, then JoAnn's, we kept a hand written form of every pattern sold, size, etc. It was time consuming as we checked out a customer, but long ago they stopped doing that. We would get boxes upon boxes of patterns practically every day and spent hours of our shift filing them in the right space. Then, we gave great customer service. So, Mary - what size are you looking for and style - yoked, collar, pockets, long sleeves? I will check out my stash of men's shirts, I have many, all different sizes, styles and want to share with you. Give me the measurements you need. Plus, since I have used them, I will make sure all the pieces parts are there too! In my younger days, I wasn't all that careful with patern pieces. I'm better now! LOL!

Today is a veg day. It's nice every thing is over. OK, until family dinner on St Patrick's day- they all love Mama's corned beef.

The Bishop called and extended a new calling - job- for Michael. Michael will now keep track of the membership records of those in our Ward. It's all on the computer, so that is right up his alley.

Dinner - we did our normal brunch already, and Kari brought home some very yummy doughnuts. We're good!

Tomorrow I'll sew, that is after it all comes back from my bedroom, where it got stashed for the party. That also means my bedroom will be cleaned, it does need it.

Hugs,
Jana

gershwin64

Post by gershwin64 » Sun Mar 05, 2023 3:14 pm

Hi everyone!
I was here early and got caught up reading and then we went to Dad's and I cleaned his yard while Frankie cleaned out his rosebushes. They're all watered and ready for Spring.
We are 72° today and are supposed to have a repeat tomorrow and Tuesday, I hope to get out and do things in the yard. I'm still limping along but I can't stand being on the injured list and benched any longer.
Mary, sorry your supper was yucky. I've never had baked spaghetti... wonder if it was the cook, recipe or both.
I think we need a pic of your newly arranged sewing room.
Carol, those story boards with instructions are awesome! They used to do that when I took a BOM, it was extremely helpful! I love parmesan chicken but I've never made it.
Becca, you'll enjoy your screened in porch ❤ prayers for Gabriel 🙏
Jana, my stashing place seems to be my sewing room LOL it'll be nice to have your sewing stuff put back and your bedroom clean at the same time, a 2-fer 😉
We're having a salad and Frankie is grilling burgers, it's Dad's night so it's an early supper.
Tina

zfatcat

Post by zfatcat » Sun Mar 05, 2023 8:44 pm

Tina, nice to see you. Glad you are able to get around again. Don't over do it Sounds like you have lovely weather. We're still quite cool here. Very unusual for us.

Jana, I bet you'll be glad when everything is back in place. Sounds like the party went well.

Becca, I never think to have breakfast for dinner, but it sounds good.

Carol, what will the quilts be used for when they are finished?

Mary, bummer about dinner. Maybe you should tell her that her cooking sucks. Offer to teach her how to cook. My sister isn't a very good cook, so I offer to cook or help when I visit.

We had grilled chicken , mashed potatoes, and broccoli and cauliflower seamed.

Sleep well my pretties.
Lori 8-)

Return to “Chit Chat”