Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

SUPPER CLUB - Saturday, March 4th

General discussion of the quilting world, and topics that don't fit in other categories.
purrfect-lady

SUPPER CLUB - Saturday, March 4th

Post by purrfect-lady » Sat Mar 04, 2023 5:59 am

Good morning,

It's 37* and rainy here. A very nasty morning. I let Scottie out and he came back in sopping wet and muddy. Joys of a long haired dog.

Yesterday was mostly playing in the sewing room. I sewed 25 crazy blocks and did a bit of organizing and cleaning. I found a large shoebox full of various sized HST's. Now sure how I managed to collect so many. If anyone would like to have them, please let me know - they are yours!! Today we're going to Tacoma. Will stop at Joanns to pick up my new mat that Bill ordered for me. Then on to grocery for a few things. We're going to friends tonite and I'm to take a salad. I'm sure I'll get a bit of sewing time in today, too.

VELDA - did the doc ever call yesterday? These days, you have to be your own advocate and sometimes chase them down!

JANA - is the party today or tomorrow? I know you've been preparing for several days but I've lost track of when the actual party is. Bad me. Glad to hear things are going better for Karlie in school. So, has the teacher been neglecting everybody or just Karlie? And if just Karlie, why? and if everybody, WHY?

LORI - I'm glad Miss Molly got some Me and Mama time, too! And yes, I'm with Carol - if you are going Bernie accessory shopping and don't already have one, the #10 foot, the edge foot, is a good one to get, assuming you already have 1/4" foot. If you do any SITD sewing/quilting, it makes it so much easier. Good to hear your Dad is doing well and I was going to ask about your DB. Did the Care Conference give any update?

CAROL - yes, my mat should have been replaced a long time ago. But they are so expensive. . I've been turning it around to use from the other side. And I do have a 24" mat on another work table that I use sometimes, too. But it will be so nice to have a new big one!

Last night we ended up freezing our leftover soup and instead had teriyaki chicken, stir fried rice, and brussels sprouts. I have no idea what we're having tonite - we've been invited to friends. I'm taking a salad of spring greens, mandarin oranges, red onion, blue cheese crumbles, and raspberry vinegarette.

What sounds delish to you tonite?

Becca

Re: SUPPER CLUB - Saturday, March 4th

Post by Becca » Sat Mar 04, 2023 7:21 am

Hello everyone Just got in from walk Gotgeous day
Maryz Where I will be living is near Alex & his 4 sons & families Two sets of towing live there Only Hadlee & Brodee are in Franklin
You enjoy your new cutting mat They are so important
We had sloppy joes last night plus cole slaw & sweet potato fries
Have a great day. Becca

zfatcat

Post by zfatcat » Sat Mar 04, 2023 9:44 am

Carol, number10 it is. Any other recommendations? I have the quarter inch foot already.
Lori 8-)

Irishgram

Post by Irishgram » Sat Mar 04, 2023 11:24 am

Good afternoon from a chilly but semi sunny SW. Pa...Sure wish Becca would send us some of her nice weather but I shouldn't complain, we've been very lucky....The last 2 days, I've had a hard time getting on the site...Sometimes, I can't even get through, sometimes, it won't let me post and other times, I'm just darn mad and use nasty words....
But, I did go to bingo with my sister on Thursday and really cleaned house there...Came home with a whopping $40.00 then we stopped at Bob Evans for dinner....After all the running my sister has been doing, to different doctors, getting shots in her back they finally ordered an MRI and her back is so messed up, they can't understand why she's still able to walk....Now she has an appointment with a surgeon...Might be my time to take care of her!
I have been feeling so good this week, almost afraid to think about it....My BP is finally coming down, my heart rate has settled down a little and both the doctors are happy. Oh and also, had a B12 shot and I know it's soon and maybe my imagination but I'm able to do more.....

Mary, there you go again, if you can't be busy outside, you sure are busy inside....I see neighbors walking their dogs and there are times when I'd love to have a little one BUT, then I think of the middle of the night potty calls and all that goes into having that dog and decide, I'll stick with BabyGirl and she's happy with that decision...I keep thinking, it's going to be quite interesting when Nick and Trisha get here in June with their cat (who is just as spoiled as she is).....Speaking of salads, Bob Evans has a dressing that is out of this world...It's their own and do sell it but are always sold out when I get there.....

Becca, glad to hear you're able to get out there and walk...I keep hoping, one of these days, I'm going to try it...And happy to hear your some of your family will be close by...So happy for you with your new venture......

I'm having a yarn party tomorrow, lol...I had asked an old neighbor if she still used yarn and that's all it took...So, she and 3 other gals on the street are stopping over....Trying to get things around here perked up a little but got stuck in my sewing room, organizing stuff...Also doing laundry and it's probably done....Had a call from our friends who bought a mountain near my sister's camp and they will be down for the weekend...She's a flying nurse and is leaving for a stint back in Barrow, Alaska and wants to visit before they go....I really think she wants to get in a few card games before leaving.....So, not sure if they'll be here or at my sister's but I think I'll make a strawberry cream cheesecake, maybe a 2nd for tomorrow....But, for my dinner, I made Haluska (I never know how to spell it ) and I'll have a little of that......

Gotta run, vacuum is calling....
You all have a great rest of the day......
Happy eating............

Quilter7

Post by Quilter7 » Sat Mar 04, 2023 11:41 am

Lori - Do you have #37 or #57? I like #57 for some things and #37 for others.

zfatcat

Post by zfatcat » Sat Mar 04, 2023 2:54 pm

Carol, I looked at the 37. May get that one too.

Mary, they have been getting my DB up and doing physical therapy. A big part of his problem is he just lays around and sleeps all day. They said they might release him on the 9th. I threw away a bunch of hst's I had in my scrap box. I think they multiply when the cabinet is closed.

Becca, please share your beautiful day with me. It cloudy today.

I went to check out a new fabric store that opened today. It's all second hand fabrics. I got a few small pieces to use in my On Wander Lane quilt. I've been redoing the block with a different background. I like it better.

Dinner will be chili.

Have a lovey evening.

Lori 8-)

Quilter7

Post by Quilter7 » Sat Mar 04, 2023 4:35 pm

Good Afternoon,

Lori - Chili sounds very good. The sun is out but it is damp and cool. Where is the new fabric store?

Irish - Good to hear you won at Bingo! Good for you getting out and about again. You are full of good news with BP and Heart rate going down! Congratulations!

Maryz - How fun to go out socializing. Have fun. No, I do not want the HSTs. I have a few too.

Becca - You seem to be the only one enjoying good weather. I am sure it helps to have good weather when you are faced with moving out of the house and closing. It helps put you into a good frame of mind. Take good care of yourself.

I am working on making a story board of the new project for Guild.

Dinner will be chicken probably Parmesan Chicken since it is still partially frozen.

Carol

Return to “Chit Chat”