Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

SUPPER CLUB - Thursday, March 2nd

General discussion of the quilting world, and topics that don't fit in other categories.
purrfect-lady

SUPPER CLUB - Thursday, March 2nd

Post by purrfect-lady » Thu Mar 02, 2023 6:36 am

Good rainy morning,

A few degrees cooler and I'd be saying, "Good SNOWY morning"! Glad that's not so because I have to follow Bill into Tacoma to the Dodge dealer this morning for a recall fix. And drive him back later in the day to pick the truck up. Between toll and fuel, a trip to Tacoma costs about $12 per vehicle. And we'll be taking both vehicles - twice - today. That is almost $50 just going back and forth. Ugh!

But, I have a massage appt at 11am, which also costs $50, but it's a better spent $50, in my opinion.

LORI - I'll be thinking of you on your beach while I'm on mine! I bet your weather will be nicer than mine. Long range forecast is for some rain and highs of only about 52*. Our beach is long, wide, and sandy. People drive on it. But it's a long trek on foot through woods and sea grass to get to the actual sandy part. But Scottie loves the trek, the beach, and the seagulls and as long as he's happy, it's all good.

IRISH - Don't be washing your car!! I think we all have enough moisture right now we don't need you bringing us any more! I love black licorice, too. But I seldom eat it mostlly because I seldom buy candy. And I do like chocolate but I want the good dark stuff - milk chocolate isn't worth the calories IMHO. But I don't care for chocolate flavored things like ice cream, cake, etc. It doesn't taste like choclate to me. I did post a photo of my Bigfoot quilt. Before quilting, though. Maybe I should add a second photo of the quilting pattern . . . As for chili, any Texan will tell you that true chili does NOT have beans. However, I'm all about the beans and could care less if there's meat in it. Guess no matter how much time I spend down there, I'll never be a True Texan.

JANA - glad you don't like licorice - leaves more for me! As for my next drag-around quilt project - I guess I already have it - the embroidery part of Over the River and Through the Woods by Crabapple Hill. I have all the sewing parts done but the embroidery - blackwork - is going to take me the rest of my life. And I also have a hexie quilt I started as something to work on while taking my brother, Albert, back and forth to Seattle for dr appts, starting back in 2017. I did my own Jane over 4 years but finished it a few years back. I called it Crazy Jane and I did it in scrappy fabrics. We'll be looking up Sandee's fiver on the internet later today. We always want to see everyone's RV. We roll right by the Keystone factory near Pendleton, OR whenever we go to Bigfoot Bob's place or anywhere on I-84. I think you should go with the girls on their trip! And when they come to WA, they have free parking at our house if they want it! Level, cement parking pad with power, water, internet. We even have good turn around room. Lots of our Boondockers headquarter here and make day trips out to see the local sites. And we are FREE! If they want to park here and we have approximate dates, we will block out our Boondocker calendar for them.

CAROL - you are right - only black is true licorice. I like the red but I LOVE the black. I haven't tried any of the other flavors like grape or green apple. We bought huckleberry once, but it was for a gift and we never got to taste it. I will share some photos of the backing and the quilting on Bigfoot.

I'm not sure what supper will be tonite. Maybe a cheeseburger pizza? Or maybe baked chicken, brussels sprouts, and rice? I have fresh spinach to use up, too. Maybe some kind of chicken florentine dish? I'll invent something . . .

What are YOU inventing for tonite's feast?

zfatcat

Re: SUPPER CLUB - Thursday, March 2nd

Post by zfatcat » Thu Mar 02, 2023 7:57 am

Mary, it won't be much warmer on the beach here. Probably 60*. I don't remember it being this cold this late into the season before. I was told that the balcony has stairs down to the beach. So I'll be taking a beach chair and quilt to sit on the sand and read. As long as it's sunny, it will be nice.

I need to take my Bernina in for service. The tension seems to be off. It's within a year of purchase, so it's covered whatever it is. I put my Janome up last night and sewed. It's such a lovely machine.

Not sure what's for dinner yet.

Have a lovely day.
Lori 8-)

auntjana

Post by auntjana » Thu Mar 02, 2023 11:53 am

Good afternoon!

Floor washed, waiting for it to finish drying, then waxing it. It's really a floor dressing that makes it shine pretty.

Dinner will be what I planned last night, a steak, mashed taters, veggie. We ended going out last night, the kids helped Sandee get the new truck.

Mary - sounds like a busy away from home day. No, I'm not going on the road trip with the girls. Sandee has family, her mom's side that all live in Placerville and they will visit there too. No set dates, I think July?, . Sandee is looking into the Boondocks site. When she was first married to Scott, they had a small trailer and big truck! She does drive the motor home as well. Aaron and Daniel both have commercial licenses and will teach her. Daniel drove the big fire engine- every kid's dream! Sandee has a pad on the side of her house, with hook-up to park the rig. The big motor home is there now. Sarah has pulled trailers - small bumper hitch, so she'll learn too. It will be an adventure!

Lori - love the On Wander lane you just did! I'm with Lois, gathering all of the patterns, then fabric, then assembly. Art to Heart is located up in Layton. Wish she had a walk in store, I'd go in a heartbeat!

Well, stalled long enough,

Hugs,
Jana

QuiltGram8

Post by QuiltGram8 » Thu Mar 02, 2023 1:41 pm

Sorry for being so late. What a day! Had a meeting at church. Then lunch at DQ with the ladies from the meeting. When I got home, made a call to DH's cardiologist in regard to side affects from a medication. Ended up recommending an ERvisit to evaluate. Oh shucks! Now, three hours later, stuck waiting, and waiting and waiting. Nothing real serious, but need to know if the medication caused these symptoms or what's happening. He was seeing spots in vision and our PCP had checked him already for swelling feet and ankles. She reduced a BP med, so that's only been two days. Might not see results from that change for a few more days. Whew! This AFib is getting complicated. But the vision thing is what cardiologist is concerned with. BP seems to be good and heart beat is good. Just not good to have vision messed up!!!
Supper night will be pot luck! Maybe a box of Mac n cheese. Yummy!
HUGS, 💕 Vel

Quilter7

Post by Quilter7 » Thu Mar 02, 2023 4:58 pm

Good Afternoon,

Dinner will be Chicken Teriyaki and Rice. I have everything we need waiting for me to cook. Afterwards we have a fresh loaf of Pumpkin Bread. I used Betty Crocker's Recipe. The Libby recipe calls for three cups of sugar and the BC recipe calls for one and two-thirds cups of sugar. I thought three cups is too much!

Maryz - You have had a busy day today! You had one of Jana's Calgon days. We did too. We signed tax forms to be submitted by accountant, went to Home Depot and then to Target Pharmacy for the missing eye drop. It was as I suspected they had trouble getting it from manufacturer. They gave me a different manufacturer but same prescription drug.

Jana - I washed the kitchen floor too however it was due to spilling gravy on it last night. I cleaned most of it last night but found more splatters this morning. You house must be just about ready for the party. Enjoy your dinner.

Lori - Your block is very cute. I did see the quilt on Shabby Fabrics and it is really cute. Wonder if your Bernina needs to have timing checked? That is sometimes what causes tension to be off.

Vel - You may be late in your time zone but it isn't even 5:00 PM here. Enjoy your pot luck!

Time to go cook!
Carol

QuiltGram8

Post by QuiltGram8 » Thu Mar 02, 2023 6:22 pm

We got our of ER about 5pm. We will get a phone call in the morning from Cardiologist for med change. DH has to see eye doctor to have vision check for seeing spots. So I will get appt set for that.
Mac n cheese and canned pears was a nice easy supper. Then we had Activia and small amount of crunchy munchy for bedtime snack. We both take pills for bedtime that require us to snack.
See you all tomorrow.
HUGS, 💕 Vel

Return to “Chit Chat”