Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

SUPPER CLUB - Wednesday, MARCH 1st

General discussion of the quilting world, and topics that don't fit in other categories.
purrfect-lady

SUPPER CLUB - Wednesday, MARCH 1st

Post by purrfect-lady » Wed Mar 01, 2023 6:23 am

Good morning!

Today is the beginning of National Quilting Month. I'm not sure what happened to National Quilting Day, May 6th and I wonder if we still celebrate that, too. I think quilting deserves all the celebrations and recognition it can get!

We are 29* and dry this morning, going to 46* later today. It doesn't look like it's going to warm up any time soon. We have camping rezzies Mar 20-24 at the ocean. Sometimes it's warmer at the beach. Sometimes it's not. I'll be packing sewing and dominoes and books in case the weather isn't camper friendly. Our friends, Tex & Annette, also have rezzies.

Yesterday I put binding on Bigfoot. Today, I'll make the label and then it will be ready for presentation. We'll give it to Bob in May when we go back to NE Oregon for Betsy's celebration of Life. I also am deep into my crazy quilt now. I made twenty 5.5" blocks yesterday. Today - after my chiro appt and my label, I'll be making more.

IRISH - happy belated heavenly birthday to Jim. My DFIL's birthday was also Feb 15th. He would have been 103. He always celebrated by going to the ocean for a few days with his band of buddies (The Dirty Dozen) and they had a crab and beer fest. I hope you don't get a big snowfall now. I hated seeing Mama Eagle getting snowed on last year! Our doctor said to make sure, before we take our BP, that we relax with feet flat on floor for at least 5 min before taking it. Use same arm every time, make sure cuff is properly placed, and do it about same time every day. We also took our cuff in to compare with dr's. Glad you are finding a good home for things you no longer need and others can use. My neighbor/walking buddy talks about the backpack of life and all the rocks we carry around in it. If it gets too full of rocks it weighs us down and we make no headway. You just jetisoned a couple of big ole' rocks!

JANA - So is the last of Sarah's cabinets still on track to arrive today? I hope IT doesn't get damaged in transit! I bet she is smiling big time! Are you all ready now for the big party this weekend?

CAROL - you know, now that you mention it, I've heard that licorice can elevate blood pressure. I love licorice, though eat it rarely. And I'm not doing the sort of embroidery you described on my crazy quilt, but I am machine feather stitching in gold along most of the seams on the blocks. That feather stitching will be the sewing project I take with me camping in a few weeks. I'll only set the machine up if weather is too bad to be outside, though. I did my nails yesterday, too, though I did them myself.

The leftovers are gone! Hooray! I mentioned tacos to Bill yesterday morning and he's holding me to it! lol! So that's what we'll be having tonite.

I hope your supper makes you as happy as Bill seems to be about his!

zfatcat

Re: SUPPER CLUB - Wednesday, MARCH 1st

Post by zfatcat » Wed Mar 01, 2023 8:40 am

Mary, I'm sure that "Big Foot" quilt will make your friend very happy. It's very fun. Is the I'll be staying at the beach down here when you are at the beach up there. I'm going to a retreat, and the place is right on the beach. I'm so looking forward to it.

I started working on a "On Wander Land" block yesterday. My plan is to make one, maybe two a month. I still need some of the patterns. It's very cute, but it's all applique. Even the house. I'll probably change some of that.

Dinner will be spaghetti.

Have a lovely day.

Lori 8-)

Irishgram

Post by Irishgram » Wed Mar 01, 2023 9:25 am

Good afternoon from a very sunny, nice and warm, SW. Pa....Don't know what to think about our weather other than it's great...Thinking today, Ruby might just get a bath (that should bring on the rain)....
Mary, so anxious to see the Big Foot quilt...I'm always in awe when you or any of the girls post pictures of their quilts....I have been trying to "follow the rules" when taking my BP, hopefully, with the new rx, we'll get some decent readings...And, I'm a licorice lover, especially the black but make sure it's not in the house...And of course, cut out the salt and I was the queen of chip eating but now I'm not even tempted...So proud of myself, was at a meeting last night and a big bowl of chips was right in front of me and I didn't have even 1....Still haven't picked up any weight and am trying to eat more...It's funny how, for years I've hoped to shed a few pounds and now I'm back in the 1950s when I was a skinny runt trying to gain....I love the story about the back pack and it sure makes sense...It is a good feeling......

Carol, I did remember reading about the chocolate and I still have chocolate from Christmas but I just don't care for it.....Give me the licorice , only kidding!

Jana, this is Sarah's Happy Kitchen day....Hoping everything is perfect...I checked out your recipe for chili and really sounds good...I don't know if mine would be called chili, I don't put any beans in it, just about everything else.....

Not sure what might be on the menu tonight...I have salad fixings so that might be it, topped with chicken strips...As far as afters, I'm sure I can find something....

You all have a great rest of the day.....

Happy eating...............

auntjana

Post by auntjana » Wed Mar 01, 2023 3:32 pm

Good afternoon!

Snow stopped, but started back up again. Michael is driving home in the storm and the pill left his cell phone home! He is on my time clock, knowing how long it takes and if he's not home, I know what his route is to go find him!

Dinner - mashed taters, gravy, tomatoes, and a couple of steaks found in the freezer.

The little girls are playing and have a toy that has a secret way to open it. Well, they couldn't remember how to, so thank goodness there's Google with the answer. Grandma to the rescue! We got it opened.

Mary - that coverlet will be done in no time, so what forever in progress travel quilt will you start? There's always Judi's , Jane Austen, pieced border and all! :)

Irish - good for you and chips! My chip addiction was Cheetos. Almost can not eat them, but I do sneak one once in awhile. Yes, black licorice raises BP, especially if it is the real stuff. Licorice is on my never in the world will I eat that stuff, red or black! Its on a list worst than Maryz fish list!

I should make Sandee a quilt for her new RV, but, she does have a machine and wants to learn to quilt, so she'll make it, under my supervision. I think there will be maiden voyages to learn how to pull and park this rig. The big trip is this sumer, up to the Seattle area, then down the coast and Sandee's high school class reunion in Fairfield.. It will be Sarah and Sandee together, as Sarah's boys will be at scout camp.

Time to scoot.

Hugs,
Jana

Quilter7

Post by Quilter7 » Wed Mar 01, 2023 5:02 pm

Good Afternoon,

Maryz - Glad your leftovers are gone, mine are not. We have Turkey and Gravy, so it is good leftovers. Your Bigfoot Quilt is really cute. I need to look at the finished quilt and see the quilting.

Irish - I love black licorice but do avoid it. Red licorice isn't really licorice and I eat that instead but it sure isn't the same.

Lori - The "On Wander Lane" looks like a very pretty quilt. You will do it well I am sure.

Jana - Funny that the little girls forgot how to open the toy! Sarah and Sandee on a trip together sounds like lots of fun. Are you going?

There is so much wind here today I am surprised we haven't blown over to Tina's. The snow on the mountains is beautiful to look at today but the roads to the mountains have been closed.

Dinner tonight will be Turkey, gravy, mashed potatoes, salad and broccoli.

Carol

auntjana

Post by auntjana » Wed Mar 01, 2023 5:43 pm

Mary
Here Sandee's RV info. It's a Keystone Alpine model 3220 RL. A 2022 - Loaded!

32 ft long, white and gray. Her truck is a Dodge Ram 3500 diesel, white and gray, 2018 with 60, 000 miles on it. Truck is already called the polar bear. With trailer attached, I guess it will be the polar Express LOL!

The bed of the truck from the ground is only four inches shorter than Sandee. She can barely see into it! The steps are already on the truck.

So there you have it.

Jana

Return to “Chit Chat”