Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

SUPPER CLUB - Tuesday, Feb 7th

General discussion of the quilting world, and topics that don't fit in other categories.
purrfect-lady

SUPPER CLUB - Tuesday, Feb 7th

Post by purrfect-lady » Tue Feb 07, 2023 6:43 am

Good morning!

Rain, rain, go away, come again some other day!! ☔ And that gives you a hint on what it's like outside my window.

Still working on my tree and Bigfoot blocks. I should break up that action in another day or two with laundry, I suppose. It doesn't seem to be doing itself.

JANA - it's good to have you going first to check out items and recipes! I haven't seen the heart shaped ravvies at Costco, but then I didn't look last week either. And different Costcos sell different items, we've learned. What filling in that ravioli? I bet Sarah is excited to see the light at the end of Kitchen Tunnel! I'm putting her down for Easter dinner!

CAROL - your TW quilt is going to be gorgeous! It's one of my favorite patterns and you are using all my favorite colors. You may or may not remember that I made one in black/gold/cream (her color choices) for a wedding quilt for my friend, Marilyn, but her wedding never happened. I kept that top in waiting for 4 years and finally finished it and gave it to her as a comfort quilt when she was diagnosed with MS. (I didn't tell her it was supposed to be her wedding quilt.) I pray YOUR wedding is full speed ahead! And if they get married, will you make them a wedding quilt, too? And yes, plans were finalized last night. Bill will drive to OR Feb 20, spend night at Bob's son's house, they will pick up Rv and then the new motorcycle the next day. It's 300 miles back to Bob's place near LaGrande in NE Oregon. After that it's 375 miles back home again. So this is going to be a 3-day adventure at least.

VELDA - your bed is going to be beautifully coordinated by the time you get it all together! What are your colors? That recipe sounds interesting. I love pineapple. I haven't bought an angelfood cake mix in years.

LORI - I have a pattern for using small doiles that I like and might do one day. Center doilies on squares of fabric and sew then down at the edges. Cut the squares into 4 equal pieces, mix them up, and sew them back together like a Drunkard's Path. I have a stack of identical 6" doilies on my "someday" list. Though since I like things off kilter, I collect other crocheted items from thift stores and one of these days, I will mix them in and make that quilt using all different doilies. Give those fur sweeties of yours hugs for me!

Supper tonite just might be the burgers I mentioned a few days ago. The weather isn't going to get much better and the buns I bought aren't either! I would love potato salad to go with, but think we will have green salad instead.

Any great ideas for your supper tonite?

Quilter7

Re: SUPPER CLUB - Tuesday, Feb 7th

Post by Quilter7 » Tue Feb 07, 2023 7:05 am

Good Morning,

Today I will be spending a sometime at Disney California Adventure. It is my reward to myself for having the show quilts ready to go to the show on the 17th. Last night I tried a new recipe, Lemon-Dijon Chicken, by BC. It was good. I did change it slightly by using regular mustard for the sauce. I think while making the liquids I should have taken the pieces out of the pan. I used chicken breasts instead of chicken legs. I would give it four stars with the chicken breasts. There is enough for tonight's dinner as well as enough mashed potatoes. This evening I also have a Board meeting. (I am so glad I am not President.)

Maryz - Enjoy the rain. Sunny days will be here soon. Glad of the progress you are making on the bigfoot blocks.

Jana - How is the haircut?

Hope everyone has a great day!
Carol

Becca

Post by Becca » Tue Feb 07, 2023 11:58 am

Hello everyone Bbeen quite busy here
Yesterday DD & I went shoe shopping I found me a great pair but she no success
Then on toHobby Lobby I got myself enough fabric &a pattern for embroidery
Today it is in 60s here I got my walk in around the neighborhood It’s a development
Maryz they aren’t finding out the sex of baby They want a surprise It’s due March 25
Carol still works everyday walks to work up hill Takes her 20 mins I think she is doing great Will come to our gathering onSaturday
We had pizza last night Tonite it’s something with hamburgerDenise or Mark does all the cooking I am treated like a queen
CarolHave a great time at Disney World You deserve it

auntjana

Post by auntjana » Tue Feb 07, 2023 12:49 pm

Good afternoon!

Daniel and Kari just left for their school meeting. Daniel has all his ducks in a row. It's, don't mess with papa bear!

Dinner - still thinking what to make. There's plenty to fix, it's more what am I in the mood for.

Mary - that will be a great quilt. Is he getting a Artic Fox? I wondering as Sandee wants to sell the big motor home and get a truck and a fifth wheel., so I immediately thought of you and the Artic Fox brand. Are they only in Oregon? Don't know when this will happen. She and Sarah are talking a road trip to Vancouver and then down the coast to Sandee's high school reunion this summer. They may need to see if your boondocks is available then.

Carol - oh, Disneyland! The kids and I were talking about a visit. Kate is thinking in November for her tribe.

Becca - you are a queen! Enjoy all their spoiling, you've long earned it!

Well, still no idea on dinner, maybe Daniel will cook,

Hugs,
Jana

QuiltGram8

Post by QuiltGram8 » Tue Feb 07, 2023 2:45 pm

Good afternoon. Fun morning with our church quilt group. Boy, everyone has been busy stitching. We have 38 finished quilts towards our 100 goal. I think we sandwiched about 16 today. Ladies took stacks home to stitch the hem. Then others will take them home to tie.
I brought home more fabrics to make adult bibs, and start another quilt top. That will be my project tomorrow.
Maryz: my Sew Along quilt has lots of colors, but the theme color is grey and black. My backing is a marble look grey. I bought the extra wide backing fabric. Accent colors are blue, yellow, red, white and light grey. I haven't decided on the colors for the throw pillows ,etc.
I probably should wait until I get my quilt back from the quilter. Then I will have it in hand to make my decision.
Tonight is more potato soup. That's all I know today.
HUGS, 💕 Vel

Return to “Chit Chat”