Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

SUPPER CLUB - Monday, Feb 6th

General discussion of the quilting world, and topics that don't fit in other categories.
purrfect-lady

SUPPER CLUB - Monday, Feb 6th

Post by purrfect-lady » Mon Feb 06, 2023 7:01 am

Good morning,

BECCA!! I've been thinking about you a lot lately - and voila`! here you are! I must have conjured you up! It's SOOO good to hear from you. I'm sorry you had Covid but good to hear you are over it now. I know you are going through a lot right now. Lots of practical stuff as well as emotional. I'm glad to hear CA's celebration went well for you all. And I'm also glad to hear the baby is doing well, too! Is it due around your birthday? Boy? Girl? Or do they/you know? Our baby will be 31 weeks come Thursday and all is OK so far. Wishing you well and peace with the decisions ahead of you. 💗

Now, maybe if I think about IRISH enough, she will also magically appear!

VELDA - thank you for the popcorn pan info. It looks interesting.

LORI- you LC quilt sounds beautiful! Are you quilting it, too, or sending it out?

Today - back to work on Lookout/Bigfoot. I have 1/3 of the blocks finished. I also need to see what I have in my backing stash that would work for this quilt.

Tonite we have leftover chicken noodle casserole. Bill liked it. If I make it again, I'll make a few changes, but overall it was fine. I'd give it a "4" (out of 5). :D

What are you having?

Quilter7

Re: SUPPER CLUB - Monday, Feb 6th

Post by Quilter7 » Mon Feb 06, 2023 7:44 am

Good Morning,

Finished the binding and almost all of the hanging sleeve on the quilt. Will finish it up today. I started a sample block for the next quilt. It will be a gift for my nephew's girlfriend (hopefully soon to be his wife). It will be Tennessee Waltz pattern in aqua, green and blues. I have a fabric I haven't wanted to cut as the focus fabric. It is white background with butterflies in those colors.

Maryz - You are going full speed ahead on the bigfoot quilt. Sounds like a great gift for your friend. It also sounds like Bill will be gone for a few days to drive the trailer to its home.

Vel - I have an air popper for popcorn that we love. We spray it with "It's not Butter Spray".

Lori - Looking forward to seeing your log cabin quilt.

Becca - So good to see you! Hope you are able to settle down soon. There is a lot to process.

Jana - You have some busy times ahead with your GC.

Dinner tonight will be Chicken. Last night I made a Chicken and Rice dish, but it is finished. Think I will marinate today and have potatoes.

Carol

QuiltGram8

Post by QuiltGram8 » Mon Feb 06, 2023 2:06 pm

Good late afternoon. I just finished whipping up yummy potato soup. We also have left over pizza. Bet the pizza stays in frig until tomorrow at lunch. Won't have to cook for a couple of days. We will be tired of soup by the time we eat all of it. I don't freeze this soup because I use milk and Velveeta in it.
Changed up all my doilies today and packed the rest in a tub for next time I take the urge to change them out. Two projects waiting are: framing one and the other project to make pillow covers for the throw pillows on our bed with three other doilies .
When I get my "Sew-Along" quilt back from the LA, I will bind it and use it on our bed. The new pillow covers will be made in colors to match that quilt. I need to get some yardage to make two pillow cases for our decorative pillows (just extra bed pillows) that will match the quilt too. Not sure how soon she will get it back to me. I told here no rush.
I found a recipe for apple pie filling bread. It sounded really good, so I might try it tomorrow or Wednesday. Also want to make the recipe of pineapple cake made with angel food cake mix.
This recipe from Suzette back in December 2020:
Take one Angelfood cake mix, (1 ) 20oz can crushed pineapple. Combine the cake mix and pineapple and stir. It will get frothy and foamy but that is OK. Pour into a 13x9 oblong pan. DO NOT GREASE the pan. Bake at 350 degrees for 30-35 minutes. You can serve with Kool Whip or serve it plain.

Boy has the price of angel food cake mix ever skyrocketed! $3.58 and regular cake mix is only $1.98.
Holy cow! Bet it is related to the price of eggs these days.
Glad to see you all. Happy dinner time!!
HUGS, 💕 Vel

zfatcat

Post by zfatcat » Mon Feb 06, 2023 7:44 pm

Carol, Tennessee waltz is one of my favorite patterns.

Mary, you are really going on the Big Foot quilt. Can't wait to see what you come up with.

Vel, I have lots and lots of doilies. I used to have them out, but haven't for years. I should get mine out again. My grandma used to love to make them.

Seems like my day flew by. Did stuff for dad this morning, then grocery shopping. Jack walked me late morning. It was a fabulous morning. Sun shinning, a light breeze. Perfect for walking. Got my dad set up with a new housekeeper. His quit a couple weeks ago. They will start tomorrow and come every 2 weeks. I didn't get my backing for my quilt today, so maybe I can fit it in tomorrow..

Dinner was chili.

Sleep well ladies.
Lori 8-)

auntjana

Post by auntjana » Mon Feb 06, 2023 7:57 pm

Good evening!

Dinner is over - we had heart shaped ravioli from Costco. They were ok, not worth doing again. My scratch Alfred was very good. Then we had afters - a chocolate mousse cake, now that is worth doing again!

Our landscaper is coming tomorrow. Sarah will be down. Her kitchen is getting to the finish line. The stone fabricator is coming Thursday and then in 2 weeks, will install the counter tops. The replacement for the broken cabinet will be here about then too. Then it's the punch list items.

So I am snuggled In a nice cozy warm quilt and it's nearly bed time. Oh, that tater tots cassarole, a no go again, it wasn't too bad, but not going in the cooking file.

Hugs,
Jana

Return to “Chit Chat”