Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

SUPPER CLUB - Thursday, Feb. 2nd

General discussion of the quilting world, and topics that don't fit in other categories.
purrfect-lady

SUPPER CLUB - Thursday, Feb. 2nd

Post by purrfect-lady » Thu Feb 02, 2023 6:49 am

Good morning,

We may make it to 50* today! Yay!! Rain is moving in late tonite but that's OK. It's been a nice, sunny several days since we got home. No complaints.

Yesterday was Chiro, Costco, and lotto blocks. Our money wheelbarrow almost wasn't big enough! We didn't even buy any alcohol, clothing, or impulse items either. And the only meat we got was one pack of chicken breasts. It was all just normal groceries. But we're set now for a long while, except for fill in the fresh stuff that we get at Fred Meyer (our Kroger).

Today - I will finish up my lotto blocks and probably work on my North Stars. I decided on my next project. QIAD just had the pattern on sale a week or two ago but I didn't know I wanted it then. It's the Bigfoot in the trees quilt. It's for our good friend, Bob. His wife was Betsy, the double lung transplant patient who passed away Dec 23. His plan - and they discussed this plan long before she died - is to sell their place in eastern Oregon, buy a new toy hauler RV, and go full-time RV living for a while until, as he puts it, he decides what he wants to be when he grows up. He loves Bigfoot and I decided to make him a new quilt, all for him, for his new 'home'. So when I finish this post, I'm going Bigfoot pattern shopping. Bob is whimsical and he even built a life-size Bigfoot with glowing eyes to put in their yard to startle folks.

TINA - glad you're starting to heal. Sorry about your set-back though. It's slow going and, I'm sure, very frustrating, but you'll get there eventually. Hang in there! And your situation is exactly why I confused Bill last fall and came home from a thrift shop with a shower stool to have on hand just in case. And when we remodeled our bathroom back in 1998, we put in a walk-in shower for same reason - I coudn't get in/out of the tub after I had surgery in 1997. I'm glad you are seeing your new chiro office taking shape. There is a chiro in Georgetown, TX that I've gone to. He just charges everyone $25. He doesn't take insurance or appts. You just show up at his office.

JANA - Your household is about to step up the busy! We managed to spend enough at Costo without splurging on any new things. And they were missing some of our old things. But they did have a few of our usuals on great sale. We saved $33.30 with their 'coupons'. And for the record, Foxy's "litter box" cost $93,000 when I bought it in 1986. πŸˆβ€β¬›πŸ˜Ή

CAROL - Yes! Now that you mention it, I do remember that song! A good one! I know exactly what you mean about your quilts. Selling them would be like selling my children. (though there were days when I'd have given them away free!). I have so many and they are each precious to me, even if they are folded up on my quilt closet and don't get out much.

LORI - that is exactly what I told Bill - things happen for a reason. So it was a good thing that we came home when we did, even though he really wanted to stay in TX for two more weeks. I can't imagine 'weathering' their ice storm in our little tin box of a home, without power. Or having highway adventures on the ice with a fifth-wheel. We tried our Trader Joe's orange chicken last night. Didn't notice until we went to cook it that it's made with all dark meat. Neither of us care for dark meat. But we gave it a try!

We are treating our friends, Doyle and Susie, to Italian restaurant tonite. They went above and beyond watching our place for us while we were gone. Even blew leaves off the cement parking pads twice because he didn't want it to look like no one was home. I'm not sure yet what I'll be having, but it will be tasty!

gershwin64

Re: SUPPER CLUB - Thursday, Feb. 2nd

Post by gershwin64 » Thu Feb 02, 2023 10:18 am

Good morning everyone!
Mary, you're like a rolling stone, no moss grows on you for sure! Busy busy busy all the time. I saw the bigfoot pattern LOL I didn't order it, now if it would've been Star Wars that might be a different story. R2D2 quilts and other Star Wars quilts have been popping up on my Pinterest page, they've got me thinking....
I sure hope this chiropractor would only charge $25! That would be amazing!!
I don't know if we have a Trader's Joe anywhere near here but glad you tried it first, I don't eat dark meat either, Frankie and Dad prefer it though..... but since I'm the head cook and grocery buyer I only buy legs for certain dishes for them and either breasts or wings for me.
Jana, LOL think I'll pass on that litter box for sure, that's pretty crazy!
Carol, I'm like that too with quilts, I'll give them away to friends and family but I just can't sell to strangers. πŸ€·β€β™€οΈ
Lori, I'm so glad you're feeling better and enough better for walking the boys and scavenger hunting.
Well I'm showered, dressed and hair washed and done today, I even went outside and sat on our patio for awhile.... until the sun tried to cook me LOL but it was nice to get out for a little bit. We're picking up an order for Dad at Walmart, I'll just stay in the van and let Frankie and him put everything away. His steps are higher than mine and they are narrow steps for me, I don't like using them on good walking days. I think they're dangerous and he's fallen up and down them a few times himself... even his doggie has fallen down them a few times.
My pork roast and bbq red chile turned out yummy last night and we saved enough for supper tonight and froze enough for 2 more meals for later.
Tina

QuiltGram8

Post by QuiltGram8 » Thu Feb 02, 2023 2:11 pm

Hi everyone! This really was a lazy day for DH and me. We got home kinda late from the dance last night. It was about 11pm when we hit the pillows. Usually awake by 4:30 am, but being late last night I didn't get up until almost 6:30am. Nice rest for me. DH was up just before me. We skipped exercise, drank coffee and was still in PJs at 10:00. Then we went out for lunch, did errands included mailing Lotto blocks. After home, we watched some old Gunsmoke programs. Then I headed to kitchen to make chili. It's simmering now and the home smells yummy!
That's about all from here.
Have a great rest of your day. πŸ€—
HUGS, πŸ’• Vel

zfatcat

Post by zfatcat » Thu Feb 02, 2023 3:32 pm

Mary, I did not realize it was dark meat. I like either, so I just never noticed. What I like is it's pieces of chicken rather than formed chicken.

Vel, that's a late night out. You must have been having fun.

Tina, you must be having nice weather. I love sitting in the sun in winter.

We took the boys for a walk. Then I met up with some friends to work on table decorations for out guild business meeting. Not much else.

Dinner will be chili.

Have a lovely evening.
Lori 8-)

Quilter7

Post by Quilter7 » Thu Feb 02, 2023 5:34 pm

Good Afternoon,

Maryz - Costco does have chunks of breaded white meat that would be perfect for Orange Chicken. I use a bottle of Panda Express Orange Sauce on it. I prefer white meat as well. Hope you are feeling a bit better after Chiro appointment even if you need another one. The bigfoot pattern sounds interesting. There was something on the internet about bigfoot, I cannot remember what it was. I somehow think you did not place the decimal in the right place for the litter box. Want to try again?

Vel - It is okay to skip exercise when you have been dancing! Enjoy your chili.

Lori - Enjoy your chili! It is beautiful weather here.

Tina - Glad you are feeling better.

I have been doing some catching up today. I mailed cards, ironed shirts, basted hanging sleeves, pressed binding. I am ready to sit down now.

I also made Stuffed Pepper Casserole for dinner. It is in the oven now.

Carol

Return to β€œChit Chat”