Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

SUPPER CLUB - Monday, Jan 30th

General discussion of the quilting world, and topics that don't fit in other categories.
purrfect-lady

SUPPER CLUB - Monday, Jan 30th

Post by purrfect-lady » Mon Jan 30, 2023 6:51 am

Good morning,

We're about 25* this morning and only going to 39* for a high. I'm done with the trailer and all the fall out from that and now the yard needs some attention, but I don't think today's the day for that. What to do? I have to drop off two packages at the post office, swing into the Goodwill to look for 2 small glass bowls to display the shells I picked up on Gulf Coast, and then I will probably get my little Ghost quilt ready for quilting. And make some Feb lotto blocks.

JANA - Sorry about your game. The poor Niners were plagued with injuries! Who knew they would need a fifth string QB! Do they even have one?? Your Daniel is certainly a useful guy! Does he ever sit down and relax? You won't want him to ever leave! Glad you are taking a day off from the kitchen. We all need that every now and then.

CAROL - you are right - there's been a lot of losses in the past weeks. Eight to be exact. I told Bill we're going to have to go to Rent-a-Friend pretty soon! I know we're entering that age group where people start "moving on" but 8 in 8 weeks is a bit excessive. Your quilts are lovely! And I love emeral green - it's one of my 3 favorite colors (the others being turquoise and baby blue). Today's font color is in honor of your quilts! You have really set yourself quite a challenge with your project. Good luck! Paper piecing was my big challenge, but after doing my LOTR quilt last year, I think I've got that figured out and now I love it! Curved piecing would be another challenge for me. I've done some but not recently.

TINA - sitting and resting always sounds like a great idea until you HAVE to sit and rest. I don't like sitting to cut fabric either, but it does work for smaller pieces. Standing for too long at the cutting table gets my low back and makes my thighs go numb.

Forget chilly - it's a downright cold day and I think soup is in order. Judi shared her recipe for potato soup with me and I plan to make that for supper tonite. With a salad on the side. Yummo!

What's your plan?

auntjana

Re: SUPPER CLUB - Monday, Jan 30th

Post by auntjana » Mon Jan 30, 2023 1:58 pm

Good afternoon!

Been busy straightening etc around here. Moved some furniture back in place that was moved for Christmas. Dinner will be a new recipe I'm trying. Basically a chicken cassarole, made with tater tots, chicken, chicken soup, cheese, sour cream, and dry ranch dressing mix. Ingredients all sound good, so will try it.

The sun is out and shining. We have warmed up to 15 outside now. Tonight will be quite cold here and we're wondering if we'll make it to zero. That happens about once a year.

Mary - so. Sorry at all the losses of your friends. Yes, we are getting to that age. I keep seeing old people, then they say the age, and wonder if I'm really that old. I keep thinking they are so much older than me, then realize I am that age!

Michael and I have been asked to speak in church the end of February. We have a subject , now just need to write down a talk. If it was on quilting, I could talk off the top of my head, but I need to write it down for a church talk. Can't teach false doctrine! That would not be good! LOL! I have lots of resources to pull all I need from.

Not much more around these parts,
Hugs,
Jana

Quilter7

Re: SUPPER CLUB - Monday, Jan 30th

Post by Quilter7 » Mon Jan 30, 2023 3:08 pm

Good Afternoon,

Maryz - Hope you get to talk to your children today. You need some extra (((HUGS))) today for sure. Thank you for the green font! It is just beautiful!

Jana - Enjoy your new casserole. Let us know how it goes.

I have been making binding, ironing and sewing hanging sleeves, machine embroidering a quilt label, sewing binding on the challenge quilt, pinning labels into place, pinning hanging sleeves into place. Two quilts now are ready for hand work, and I still need to finish the border on the third. However, I have the labels, binding and hanging sleeves all ready. I think I do need to iron the binding in half. It has been a busy and productive day!! I also had a Zoom call to write a Newsletter article.

It has been raining since yesterday evening. Right now, it is raining pretty hard. Most of the time it is raining lightly. It is nice to see all this rain. DH has cleaned up the back and most of the front is also done. We still have weeds, but it is okay.

Yesterday I made Autumn Soup and Cheese-Garlic Biscuits for dinner, and we will repeat the menu tonight.

Carol

Return to “Chit Chat”