Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

SUPPER CLUB - Sunday, Jan 29th

General discussion of the quilting world, and topics that don't fit in other categories.
purrfect-lady

SUPPER CLUB - Sunday, Jan 29th

Post by purrfect-lady » Sun Jan 29, 2023 6:16 am

Good morning,

Looks like today is the 29th. I could have sworn yesterday was the 29th. Have I been a day off all week long?? Gosh, sometimes it's hard to be me.

Yesterday was chalk full of activity around here - 5 errands in Tacoma took up the entire morning. We dropped my machine, "Chip", off for a spa treatment. He had a very busy winter in Texas and deserves some R&R. But if I ever get time to sew anything, I do have my back-up Bernie set up and ready to go. I have to mend a tear in our trailer duvet cover - maybe today. Maybe not. Laundry continues, though there's only one more load of rugs to do. Our goofy dog requires a lot of rugs to scrape up into a pile for sleeping. I would like to take them all out of the trailer, but then I look at how dirty they are and decide the rugs are more washable than the carpet. I suppose washing the dog would make sense, too, but adding more rugs is much easier. And they make him happy. And isn't that what life is all about - making the furbabies happy?

CAROL - I looked up your quilt. Lovely!! And I really like your choice of colors. Is it going to be for you? And what is the challenge in your challenge project?

LORI - if you're around, we stopped at Trader Joe's while in Tacoma and got their orange chicken. Soon, we'll have a taste test!

Well, we had a pretty sparse table setting yesterday. Have y'all given up on me getting the date correct?? I'll try harder - I promise!

For supper, we're having leftover meatloaf. For once, my meatloaf wasn't too crappy. Good thing because there's a lot left! I'm calling that progress!

Got a menu idea for your supper?

auntjana

Re: SUPPER CLUB - Sunday, Jan 29th

Post by auntjana » Sun Jan 29, 2023 12:02 pm

Good afternoon!

Kickoff is in a couple of minutes, go 9ers!

When you move to the mountains, you need to learn a whole new way of baking. I have succeeded at breads, cakes and cookies, but popovers have eluded me until now. I have succeeded, more than once and they work! They are picture perfect, popped, puffed and yummy! I made them at sea-level for years, but here, I made hockey pucks. Just about gave up, but found a recipe that works here. Oh happy day.

Dinner - find something you like and then cook it. It's my day off.

Daniel added some new slat wall shelving system down next to my LA. It is super easy to install and then move things as you want and need. It will hold my front door wreaths and tools for my LA. You can have pegs, baskets, shelves, what floats your boat.. I can't hang stuff yet,, he ran out of screws to finish securing to the studs. He'll do that this week.

Game is starting,
Hugs,
Jana

Quilter7

Post by Quilter7 » Sun Jan 29, 2023 2:31 pm

Good Afternoon,

Maryz - So sorry to hear of your friend. Sixty is too young! Life sometimes is too short. You have lost several during the last few months many (((hugs))) for you. Glad Chip is getting some spa time. Are you getting a massage this week? Bet you feel you need it.

The green fabric was a gift from Guild members at the end of my first year. I made the signature quilt from that gift as well and another quilt has been made too. Yes, three quilts from fat quarters that were gifted to me. Yes, I will keep all three quilts although my niece really likes the emerald quilt too. The emerald log cabin will become my March St. Patrick's Day quilt. I intend to quilt shamrocks in the border. There is shamrocks in two corners (diagonally placed). The third quilt still needs to be quilted and is in bright greens and will be a picnic quilt.

The challenge in my challenge project has turned into a quilting challenge but it is a Modern and bright color piece which is my challenge. (We got to choose our own challenge.) I needed to add to the quilt because it wasn't big enough and now I am trying to match the quilting. It is not easy.

Jana - Your 49ers are playing right now. Enjoy the game.

Lori - Are you reading these days are just too busy quilting? You must be eating so please join in.

Vel and Tina - I am with Maryz - where are you?

Carol

auntjana

Post by auntjana » Sun Jan 29, 2023 3:49 pm

Oh well, there's next year.

Quilter7

Post by Quilter7 » Sun Jan 29, 2023 4:36 pm

Sorry Jana!

gershwin64

Post by gershwin64 » Sun Jan 29, 2023 5:07 pm

I'm here!
Good evening all!
Jana, sorry about your 9ers, they had a rough injury game.
Mary, I bet those little booties and clothes are adorable.
Carol, your quilts sound gorgeous!
Dr says I gotta take it easy for another 2+ weeks and it's hard to do but I'm trying to be good.
I got 24 log cabin blocks sewn together, I had 24 already done for a quilt I'm making that Chickie named Bears in the Cabin. I need to do bear paws but that involves standing and cutting so I'll be working on Pinwheel Frolic blocks, they're already cut for that. I can cut small things sitting down but not large pieces.
We're having scrambled eggs for supper.
Tina

Return to “Chit Chat”