Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

SUPPER CLUB - Saturday, Jan 29

General discussion of the quilting world, and topics that don't fit in other categories.
purrfect-lady

SUPPER CLUB - Saturday, Jan 29

Post by purrfect-lady » Sat Jan 28, 2023 6:05 am

Good morning,

It's a chilly, drizzly morning here. But rain is supposed to go away and come another day. But a freezing weekend is ahead. Thank goodness I now have 2,000 square feet to spread out in during bad weather instead of 200! lol!

Today is more laundry and dealing with unpacking. It really seemed like a good idea last fall when packing to pull out all my regular trailer mugs, towels, rugs, soap dispensers, lap quilts, melmac serving dishes, etc and sub in Christmas ones. But now I have to wash everything and swap it all back. But I'll probably want to do it all again next year. It's what I do - make more work for myself. :roll:

Last night we had an impromptu pizza date with friends so no cooking after all! We also stopped at the farm and garden store which sells farm, western clothing. Bill was returning tee shirts I bought him for Christmas and while there I found tiny little cowboy boot booties. I couldn't resist! 3 months in Texas and back in WA for one day and I accidentally found little cowboy "boots"! And also, accidentally, mind you, found little pink courdoroy overalls and coordinating top, size 6 months. Really, resistance was futile. I am so loving getting this old gramma thing back up and running again!

CAROL - how astute you are - and correct - it is bittersweet to come home and know, after nearly 40 years, Vicki is no longer there. She was such a good friend for so long. Her disease took her from us about 10 yrs ago. And these last 10 years have been rough being her neighbor. But harder on the kids. They have 50% chance of inheriting her Huntington's and are afraid to get genetic testing. I think I'd do it. But I'm not them. You are quilting in little 1-inch squares??

JANA - of course you're a great teacher! I knew that! And we got our Costco sale flyer yesterday. I think I saw that Korean Beef on sale and it made me think of you. I might try it. On your say so. We tried orange chicken because of Lori and now it's one of our favorite's, though I do want to try Trader Joe's instead of Costco. Thanks to you and all your brood, Sandee's house is going to be a showplace before long!

We did grocery shop yesterday but are saving our Costco run because their sale starts Feb 1 and a few things we regularly buy will have significant savings. But we bought enough to have meatloaf and mashed potatoes tonite, salad and green beans. A real feast compared to camping suppers.

What are you having?

Quilter7

Re: SUPPER CLUB - Saturday, Jan 29

Post by Quilter7 » Sat Jan 28, 2023 4:13 pm

Good Afternoon,

I have been quilting a log cabin quilt that has Log Cabin blocks, Courthouse Steps blocks and Half Log Cabin blocks. It was in the Spring 2022 issue of Quilter's World on page 28 called Peaks and Valleys by Nancy McNally. I did it in greens (leaning toward turquoise) and white. I did feathers in the white area and finished this morning. I still need to do the borders but will wait until tomorrow. Meanwhile I made a pillowcase and hanging sleeves and am working on my challenge piece that measures short of the required 24" square.

Maryz - I went grocery shopping yesterday too.

Jana - Hope you had fun with your granddaughters. Love hearing the giggles.

Dinner tonight will be Parmesan Chicken, salad, potatoes and broccoli. We had pizza last night.

Carol

Return to “Chit Chat”