Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

SUPPER CLUB - Tuesday, Jan 24

General discussion of the quilting world, and topics that don't fit in other categories.
purrfect-lady

SUPPER CLUB - Tuesday, Jan 24

Post by purrfect-lady » Tue Jan 24, 2023 4:50 am

Good morning,

Today we'll be on the move again - the last 1,000 miles up I-5. Two more nights and we'll be home! I can't wait! I told my fur boys so they know, but it's so fun to see their faces when we let them out at home. We'll get home on Thursday, mid afternoon. Even the Siskiyous are forecast to be good traveling weather.

Yesterday we explored Bakersfield and I found Cherry Berry quilt shop. Need I say more?? :lol: And Bill found a gun shop, so we reversed our roles and I waited in the truck with Scottie while he fondled guns. I also had time to clean a few cupboards and finish cutting out the last block in my North Stars quilt.

JANA - yay for getting your voice back! You're going to need it for the next game. And you've got your jersey all ready to go, right? You didn't wash it did you!??

TINA - I hope you get that XR soon. The sooner you find out what's going on the sooner they can start treatment if you need it. Glad it doesn't hurt all the time.

CAROL - next time I'm in Joanns I'll look for a clutz glove. My fur babies are always in the sewing room with me. I have almost got my habit ingrained to close my cutter every single time I set it down. I don't want them getting cut either!

VELDA - I didn't realize you were talking bulk sausage. I thought you meant links, which I've had and like. I don't know why you couldn't use it in any recipe that calls for sausage. Be fun to experiment.

I'm not sure about supper tonite. We only have two more nights on the road. I have a frozen mac and cheese that just might fill the bill for us. Or I have a cup of leftover chicken hash from last night. And I think a container of leftovers in the freezer from another meal. I could combine all those leftovers and have one last skimpy salad. We'll probably do the leftovers.

How about you? Got any ideas yet?

gershwin64

Re: SUPPER CLUB - Tuesday, Jan 24

Post by gershwin64 » Tue Jan 24, 2023 6:26 am

Good morning everyone!
Mary, wow 1000 miles in 3 days! Those are longer than normal days for you both aren't they?
What did you find at the quilt shop?
I'm sure hoping to go tomorrow for the x-rays, I didn't want to take the chance on not being able to get back in the suburban or hurting myself worse because one way or the other I'm coming back home. We don't have any kind of non emergency transportation here for a backup and an ambulance wouldn't bring me home. I did aggravate my original bad one yesterday by getting in the suburban, ugh I really don't need this......I think I'll give them both a break and use the kitchen chair more today.
I found a pattern I want to make, it's Pinwheel Frolic it's a MSQC pattern and I have it in one of my Block magazines. And I have all the fabric for it!
Laundry needs to be done here so Frankie is going to bring baskets up so I can sort and he knows how to use the washer because he washes his own work clothes every week so I don't have a problem about that. I can fold and hang up here when he brings me a load and he can put away, a joint effort. He's been really good about keeping the floors and kitchen clean and taking care of all the furkids along with the chickens. Our egg production has been increasing since we put a light in the hen house till 8pm every night, we're up to 3 & 4 eggs a day now, a very good thing since we supply eggs to Dad, Holly, Kevin, 1 of Frankie's sisters now and us.
Supper tonight will be a sausage potato soup I make, I'll chop everything at the table and be the instructor of the cooking, not sure if Dad will be here but no reason for him not because we have to eat too.
Tina

Quilter7

Post by Quilter7 » Tue Jan 24, 2023 7:39 am

Good Morning,

Maryz - Enjoy the drive today. If you have internet, you might find it interesting to look at the snow pack and precipitation in California. Everything here is green. The nature preserve near us has mostly dry trails, but we decided to wait, because the lower trails are always soggy after rains. https/cww.water.ca.gov

Tina - Hope you get in for x-rays soon. Not being able to get into a vehicle is not good. Is there another vehicle you could use?

Jana - Glad you got your voice back. Your family has a lot of vehicles!! Your insurance and registration bills must run very high.

I am making great progress on the quilting of my fourth quilt for the show next month. Guild meeting is tonight. Not sure what dinner will be tonight. I leave for the meeting at 4:45 PM. Dinner is early and always presents a problem. I need to be there to set up.

Carol

auntjana

Post by auntjana » Tue Jan 24, 2023 7:58 am

Good morning!

Oh there's lots of cars here, but insurance rates are extremely low and so is the registration.

We are at the shop dropping off my Solara. It took a bit to shovel it out of the snow. Then back home.

Dinner - humm, haven't even had breakfast yet! We will see later.

Not much else here.

Mary - enjoy the scenery north, the best part of the state - the only time it's green is now, otherwise it earns the name, the golden state as the hills are brown!

On my phone and Michael's done, so need to leave,

Hugs,
Jana

Return to “Chit Chat”