Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

SUPPER CLUB - Monday, Ja 23

General discussion of the quilting world, and topics that don't fit in other categories.
purrfect-lady

SUPPER CLUB - Monday, Ja 23

Post by purrfect-lady » Mon Jan 23, 2023 4:33 am

Good morning,

We made it across the Mojave Desert in record time and thwarted the wind gods yesterday. And made camp in Bakersfield at Orange Grove RV park by about 10 am. This is the park where you park your RV in among the orange trees and pick - but just don't be too piggy. A bag a day is their policy. More than we need! So we got some oranges to take home to our grandsons and a few friends and for our own use. Then we watched football games because it's too chilly to sit outside. I did some more cutting of blocks for my North Stars quilt. We will be here today and tomorrow we'll start the last push towards home. I should be able to finish up cutting the last North Stars - the caribou or reindeer. They are the same critter. We're also going to get fuel while unhitched, and look up Cherry Berry Quilt Shop just because we know it's here and I haven't gone to that shop yet. We've been to the other one, Thimble Town, twice before. Bill likes to browse gun shops like I like to browse LQS's and he mentioned that so we may look one or two of those up, too. -

JANA, JANA, JANA - I bet you are doing a happy dance today! Congrats to your Niners! It must have been hard to watch the game and not yell, scream, cheer with your laryngitis! I hope they make it all the way because of everyone left in the playoffs, they are the ones I'm rooting for, even if they did knock out the Seahawks. Super Bowl isn't so much fun when you don't care who wins, and I care a teensy bit for the Niners.

LORI - happy birthday to your dad!! I'm sure you made him happy. I know I always give Bill m&m's for his birthday and for Christmas and he's happy. Next time we are at Trader Joe's I'll look for their orange chicken. There is one store in Tacoma, 13 mi west and over the toll bridge, and one in Silverdale, 30 mi north of us. Now I just have to remember because they aren't one of our usual stops - except for when we're out of Charlie's Dog Treats.

VELDA - that chicken sausage, cooked and sliced, would be great in Rice a Roni! Our friend, Betsy, always added a small can of pineapple to hers. I add peas. But any sort of leftover meat works. I imagine even Spam if one were to eat that stuff. lol!

TINA - How are you feeling this morning? Today is X-ray day. And hopefully get your appt with the orthopod. Glad that walker is helping - just be careful about overdo-ing! Many thrift stores have medical equipment. Bill laughed when I drug home a shower stool for $4 and hung it up in the rafters of the garage. But twice we've needed one and not had it so now we are prepared. Next time I see a folding walker, I'm going to grab that, too. I already have my dad's cane hanging in my sewing room closet. The best insurance against needing that equipment is to be prepared. Bill laughs at me.

It was too chilly to grill chicken last night so we put it in the oven instead along with the last of our potatoes. We have lots of leftovers so I think tonite we're going to have a sort of chicken/potato/onion hash. And a salad. We still have a few fresh salad makin's.

What are you makin' for supper tonite?

QuiltGram8

Re: SUPPER CLUB - Monday, Ja 23

Post by QuiltGram8 » Mon Jan 23, 2023 5:12 am

Good morning! OMG! What a lovely place to park RV ( among the trees of oranges)!
Yes, wouldn't want people to be greedy!
As for my chicken sausage. I bought a pound package of bulk that had been frozen by the butcher shop. We had never had this, so I broke off just enough to make two nice size patties. We browned them and then had them with our pancakes. Since it had been frozen, I didn't want to refreeze unless it was cooked. That had me googling using chicken sausage. Most recipes showed links rather than loose meat.
Since I often brown ground turkey and add it to rice-a-roni, I thought maybe this flavor would work well with that. Next time I think if I can find the fresh, not pre frozen, I would make some up in patties, then freeze for breakfast meals.
Tonight we are going back to a dance. Looking forward to this. We have supper/dinner at the restaurant (Pizza Man). Prices have gone up since our last visit about a month ago. Just like groceries, I truly understand this happening.
Safe travels for your last link of your trip homeward bound!
HUGS, 💕 Vel

Quilter7

Post by Quilter7 » Mon Jan 23, 2023 7:14 am

Good Morning,

Maryz - I close my rotary cutter and have a Clutz Glove (by Fons and Porter). I bought it on sale at Jo-Anns. I try to keep the cutter inside the glove so I remember to wear it. Please get one and wear it! They are cheaper than a visit to the emergency room. Enjoy your day of shopping and resting!

Vel - Good for you cooking the meat before refreezing. If it has ice crystals still it is usually okay, but better to cook it. Enjoy your dance this evening.

This evening we will be going to hear Admiral James Stravridis in Long Beach. These talks are enriching and we both enjoy them. Tomorrow is our Guild meeting. We usually meet the third Tuesday but because of Road to California it is the fourth Tuesday in January.

I will spend the day in the sewing room will also get outside to weed a little. The weeds are lush and easy to pull.

Dinner tonight will be Chicken.

Have a wonderful day!
Carol

gershwin64

Post by gershwin64 » Mon Jan 23, 2023 9:51 am

Good morning everyone!
Mary, I bet that orange grove rv park smells soooooo yummy!! I've been wanting some oranges, guess I'll settle for whatever Walmart has LOL
Velda, sorry you got rid of the cover, maybe next time. I don't think I've ever seen chicken sausage, I'll have to look. Enjoy your dance!
Carol, we're starting to get those green weeds here too, right now they're just on the 5 acres and not in our yards so Frankie will use the tractor one day soon.
Jana, yay what a great game that was! There were some awesome plays by your 9ers! I'm predicting 9ers and Chiefs in there Superbowl.
Lori, happy birthday to your dad! M&M's are one of my favorites too, they always put a smile on my face. Easton made me a little Mason type jam jar with a note that says "I love you to pieces" and filled it with M&M's ❤❤
I'm outside of the walker place in the suburban, Frankie went inside for me. I won't be going to get my xray today, it was extremely painful getting in the suburban and I don't think I can do it again today so I'll have to wait another couple of days. But I'm getting everything else done while we're in town. Got my orders and referral so I'll make that appointment too.
Frankie made burgers on the grill last night and we had the last of the salad, I'm not sure what supper will be yet.
Tina

auntjana

Post by auntjana » Mon Jan 23, 2023 12:55 pm

Good afternoon!

I have definitely turned from the dark side! I have a voice and feeling very good! And my 49ers won. A good thing!

Dinner - there's plenty of things to choose from, just need to pick something. It's really cold out, so the soup I was going to make the other day, that didn't, might.

Mary - yippee - California, a straight shot home! Won't be long. Orange groves smell so wonderful!

Tina - hope the knee gets better. Voltaren is for knees, may help yours. It's a OTC.

Carol - enjoy the lecture. It's great to continue to learn new things and ideas.

Lori - happy birthday to your dad.

Vel - glad you enjoyed the sausage. A whole new realm of recipes to try or create!

Time to scoot,

Hugs,
Jana

gershwin64

Post by gershwin64 » Mon Jan 23, 2023 8:14 pm

Jana, so glad you're feeling better and can talk! You just need your 9ers to win 😉
I use voltaran cream too, it's really good.
My leg is the back of my leg, the muscles or ligaments or something, the front of my knee seems fine.
I guess the pain exhausted me today, when we got home I slept for 2 hours. I'm going to try again Wednesday.
Tina

Return to “Chit Chat”