Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

SUPPER CLUB - Sunday, Jan 22nd

General discussion of the quilting world, and topics that don't fit in other categories.
purrfect-lady

SUPPER CLUB - Sunday, Jan 22nd

Post by purrfect-lady » Sun Jan 22, 2023 5:02 am

Good morning,

This will be short. We went to be on the road EARLY to beat the winds crossing the Mojave. We've done the Mojave Desert in 30 mph winds before and it's not as much fun as you might think.

Funny cooking story. Last night we had orange chicken from Costco. The chicken is like chicken McNuggets and I bake them on a sheet in the oven and we have it over rice. Well, I also buy jars of minced garlic at Costco and drop it in clumbs on a cookie sheet, freeze them, and bag them up. So, cleaning the freezer a few weeks ago, I found the ziplock of what looked like leftover chicken nuggets so I put them into the chicken box in the freezer. Honestly, they look the same in the freezer! So you can probably guess where I'm going with this. When we took our chicken out of the oven it looked kind of mushy and I wondered what was going on - then I realized what I'd done. Baked my garlic! Or did I roast it?? Anyway, we had to start over. Bill laughed all evening!

Tonite - we're going to be in Bakersfield out of the wind and plan to grill chicken outside. I've got it thawing now and will put it in a teriyaki marinade later today. We'll also have potatoes in some form, salad, and cornbread.

Hope your supper comes out of the oven being what you thought you put in there!

gershwin64

Re: SUPPER CLUB - Sunday, Jan 22nd

Post by gershwin64 » Sun Jan 22, 2023 6:42 am

Good morning everyone!
Mary, yes I'll be getting x-ray tomorrow and then going to the bone Dr to get an appointment. My Dr tried to make me an appointment when I was talking to him Friday but he couldn't and I don't know if they were already closed or what happened there. I'm doing a little better each day thankfully. Frankie thought to call Helping Hands (kinda like a Goodwill but locally owned and for local help) and they had a walker for $8 so he went right over and got it and it's really helped me..... I kinda over did it yesterday using it instead of the chair on wheels but I'm ok this morning and I slept all night. I find it so strange that I've been sleeping all night, I usually get up at least once to potty but not since this happened and I'm sleeping 7 straight hours.
Stay out of those winds!
That's a funny supper story 🤣😂
Velda, now your pillow cover is hugging your mom's❤️❤️ I did that with a quilt my mom made for Dad, there was no repairing it and we didn't want to throw it away so I used it inside ❤️ I made the label saying that too so all will know.
Jana, sorry you lost your voice, I hope you get it back soon.
Carol and Lori, sorry you two didn't get a chance to meet up but by the sounds of it you both had a great time!!
Well we're out of leftovers here, Holly said she'd come by and cook us supper so Dad can still eat here too, I'll have to ask her if that's still her plan, if so I'll see what she needs thawed out..,I figure it she's cooking I'll let her pick.... Beggers can't be choosers.
Tina

QuiltGram8

Post by QuiltGram8 » Sun Jan 22, 2023 4:07 pm

Tina, great idea on keeping the old cover inside, should have thought about that, but I did not save the old cover. 😥
For supper/dinner tonight we had pancakes and tried the chicken sausage we bought last week. It's really good! I am wondering about maybe cooking the rest up and crumble in skillet and then add it with chicken rice-a-roni.
Hope it's as good.
Sorry I am so late today. 🤗
HUGS, 💕 Vel

zfatcat

Post by zfatcat » Sun Jan 22, 2023 6:54 pm

Jana, you must be doing the happy dance since the 49er's won.

Vel, pancakes for dinner sounds yummy.

Tina, glad it's getting a little better. Hope you can find out what happened. Seems things just pop as we get older. My FIL used to say the golden years aren't so golden.

Mary, that is funny. The orange chicken from Trader Joes is cut pieces of chicken with batter so they don't look like nuggets. lol Hope you beat the winds. I saw there were going to be blowing out there today.

Today is my dad's 90th birthday. I took him a cake, ice cream, m&m's and peanuts. He was very happy.
I also picked him up dinner.

We had grilled chicken on salad. I got the greens and tomato from the farmers market yesterday and they were delicious. I might grow some tomatoes this year.

Sleep well.
Lori 8-)

Return to “Chit Chat”