Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

SUPPER CLUB - Friday, Jan 20th

General discussion of the quilting world, and topics that don't fit in other categories.
purrfect-lady

SUPPER CLUB - Friday, Jan 20th

Post by purrfect-lady » Fri Jan 20, 2023 4:56 am

Good chilly morning,

25* here this morning in Deming. Brrrr!! But the afternoon yesterday was nice and sunny. Our RV park is only about 3 miles from Tina's. We got a pizza and took it over to her house for lunch with her and Frankie. She had hurt her leg and wasn't feeling too hotsy totsy, couldn't walk. So we didn't stay too long. But it was a fun visit while we were there. Y'all would really like Frankie!

Today we'll buzz through Tucson and on to Gila Bend, AZ to a campground called Painted Rocks - ancient Indian writings on rocks. A fun, peaceful, reverent place. One of our favorite places to camp. No power or water, but that's OK. We have house batteries and a generator if we need it.

TINA - It was really great seeing you and Frankie again but we were sorry you were in such pain. I hope you are feeling better today and get in to see a dr to find out just what you did to your leg. If you Google "injury behind the knee" a lot of "options" pop up from arthritis to Bakers cyst to hamstring tears, ligament sprains, blood clots, and more. You need a diagnosis. Some of those "options" need treatment.

LORI - I guess I didn't realize you lived so close to R2CA venue. Have a fun day! There used to be a smaller though similiar show in Seattle, an hour from us - where we bought our LA back in 2008. But they shut it down about 2010. 😿

VELDA - thanks. I found several recipes on line for chop suey. Now if I can just remember to give them a try after we get back home and back to real cooking. :lol:

Tonite we'll be warming up leftover chili and cornbread. I've got all the 'extras' like shredded cheddar, sour cream, onions, tortilla chips. Yummy yum yum!

How is your supper story going to read?

gershwin64

Re: SUPPER CLUB - Friday, Jan 20th

Post by gershwin64 » Fri Jan 20, 2023 5:50 am

Good morning everyone!
Mary, we really enjoyed visiting with you both too ❤️
I'll be calling the doctor office this morning.
I slept pretty much all night, woke up a few times to carefully change positions so that surprised me. I'm not in any pain now except when I try to move it or walk and I have no extra swelling. My kitchen chair really has come in handy plus having the wood floors to easily roll around on.
Supper tonight will be spicy chicken and rice and some veggies, Holly is coming to the house tonight to cook, it's a new recipe she tried and said we'd really like it and it's Dad's night too.
Tina

Quilter7

Post by Quilter7 » Fri Jan 20, 2023 7:13 am

Good Morning from Ontario, California. I go home today. Probably late morning. I have had a great time. I learned to make both Dorset buttons and Shirtlace buttons. They are fun to make. I shopped and enjoyed making new friends over dinner.

Dinner tonight will be at home with DH. Something in the freezer.

Tina take care of yourself.

Maryz enjoy the painted rocks and the drive.

Jana take care and get over the illness.

Carol

zfatcat

Post by zfatcat » Fri Jan 20, 2023 7:25 am

Tina, what a bummer you hurt your knee. Sounds like you had a nice visit though. So glad you and Mary were able to get together.

Mary, you seem to be making great time heading back.

Carol, I'll be leaving in just a few minutes. Maybe I'll see you before you leave. I'm on white glove duty from 0900-1100.

Don't know what's for dinner. Will depend on what time I get home.

Have a lovely day.
Lori 8-)

auntjana

Post by auntjana » Fri Jan 20, 2023 12:26 pm

Good afternoon!

Tina - oh my, hope you are feeling better today! You got to visit with Mary and Bill, that helps!

Lori - enjoy the show today. That was one I wanted to see, but never made it from living in California.

Velda - old recipes are wonderful!

I'm doing much better today. Slowly kicking this cough through the goalposts of life. The cold settled in my eyes, causing excessive tearing and they are finally back to normal.

Mary - hope the snow I sent south to Tina is staying north of you today. It nailed St George yesterday. Won't be long till you head north to home.

Dinner - I might skate not cooking tonight, we'll see how much energy I have later.

Michael is over his bronchitis too. Finishing the last antibiotics today. Maybe normal will resume here again! Like this family is normal! LOL!

Next up on Daniel and Kari's list, besides saving up money - Kari works OT, Daniel has two jobs, to save a huge chunk for a down payment on a house. We have a possibility of a perfect house, not to far, over in Riverton, but we think they want more in the neighborhood. Sandee's house is still a possibility, with Sandee living in a basement apartment there, when that is finished. But we're good for the time being with them here. The new jeep was scheduled in their plans, only it was a car to replace Kari's Dodge Charger. Daniel has been hunting to buy a new Charger, but Dodge is no longer making them after this year and hen's teeth are easier to find, so the jeep is the new vehicle. They will keep the purple Charger for now.

Stay safe!
Hugs,
Ja

Return to “Chit Chat”