Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

SUPPER CLUB - Wed, Jan 18

General discussion of the quilting world, and topics that don't fit in other categories.
purrfect-lady

SUPPER CLUB - Wed, Jan 18

Post by purrfect-lady » Wed Jan 18, 2023 4:04 am

Good morning,

And I think it really is Wednesday today. You guys are on your toes!

We are 100 mi east of El Paso and will be here a second night. High winds are headed our way and we'd just as soon not fight them on the highway. We are pretty high profile. So we'll be making good use of our extra day today. Going into town (town being Van Horn) and getting a few groceries, and perhaps we'll find a quilt shop. According to the internet, there are two here. :D :D I also plan to get out my North Stars and cut the next block, maybe two. Otters and musk ox. Since it takes about 3 hours to cut each 24" block, it might be only one. It's a great way to while away a windy day.

JANA - Utah is off our traveling map. Even if your area didn't have snow, there are still a few more mountain ranges to cross between you and home. I get tired of the CA route, but in winter, it's the best way to go. We do keep a close eye on weather and have 2 or 3 different apps on our phones. How did we ever travel before apps and GPS?? Daniel is certainly earning his parking privileges at Sandee's! So many wonderful improvements to her house! She won't want to let him go! Sorry you are still sick, but hope you are turning a corner soon - a GOOD one! Our good friends at home have had Covid for 2 weeks. He tested negative finally, but is still coughing and very tired. I'm not sure how she's doing. She only reports on him.

CAROL - how about that! We are both sleeping right off I-10! Congrats on having two quilts on exhibit in Road. A big deal! How far is it from your home? It's going to be a fantastic week for you!

TINA - sorry you are hurting. When you have a hip/leg/foot that isn't cooperating, when you go UP steps, lead with the good foot and when you go DOWN, you lead with the bad side. It ain't purrfect, but it can get you where you want to go.

LORI - I bet the boys enjoyed your sloppy back yard! Life is more fun with mud - if you're a dog! :lol: Enjoy the quilt show. Did Carol say she was leaving before you arrive? Bummer you can't meet up. Have you ever?

I think I'll make some chili today and put it into the crockpot. I meant to do this before we left Austin and freeze it, but there was so much other stuff going on I never had the time. Today - I have the time. I will also make cornbread. I mix up the dry ingredients at home and put them in a Ziplock and write the rest of the directions on the bag - milk, oil, butter, egg. Makes it quick and easy.

What's your supper plan?

QuiltGram8

Re: SUPPER CLUB - Wed, Jan 18

Post by QuiltGram8 » Wed Jan 18, 2023 7:42 am

Maryz, enjoy your day of waiting for weather to calm. Chili sounds yummy! Great recipe to freeze extras. I made chop suey yesterday. I use chicken breast. Oh it was so good!! And we have leftovers for three more meals. It doesn't freeze well, so I will just add a salad and maybe a nice fruit bowl to give us a bit of variety each meal.
Going to finish the lap quilt gift for one of our favorite neighborhood friend. She's in her nineties and lives all alone. I try to make sure I visit her often.
Well off to finish my coffee β˜•β˜•.
HUGS, πŸ’• Vel

gershwin64

Post by gershwin64 » Wed Jan 18, 2023 7:59 am

Good morning everyone!
Mary, even with waiting out the wind your day sounds pretty perfect to me! It dings like a fun day to me ❀
Oh thank you, I'll try the up with the good down with the bad, I've been doing the exact opposite. My good is missing the meniscus and kneecap but right now it's better than the other one. I've used my left leg to go up and down things since I was 18 from having the surgery on my right leg.
Velda, that sounds like a very sweet gift for your friend ❀
I didn't get the regular laundry done yesterday but that bedroom is all done πŸŽ‰πŸŽ‰ I'm doing the regular today.
I think I'll make tacos tonight, Dad loves them.
Tina

zfatcat

Post by zfatcat » Wed Jan 18, 2023 8:26 am

I checked the vendor list for Road2CA, and noticed QIAD is not going to be there. I will miss their booth. They always have great stuff. I had a picture pop up on FB of several members and Eleanor having lunch with us 14 years ago at Road2CA. Carol was in it too.
Lori 8-)

Return to β€œChit Chat”