Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

SUPPER CLUB - Wed, Jan 17

General discussion of the quilting world, and topics that don't fit in other categories.
purrfect-lady

SUPPER CLUB - Wed, Jan 17

Post by purrfect-lady » Tue Jan 17, 2023 4:55 am

Good morning,

We are making progress. We are in Abilene and headed west but high winds are predicted for where we're going so we may have to pull over some place and hunker down for the rest of the day. The problem is I-10 is a long lonesome highway through west Texas and it's mostly sagebrush and javelinas - not many towns with RV parks. So we'll see what happens. We might get in a half day's run.

TINA - you really do wear yourself out. Slow down, girl! No wonder you're exhausted and your sciatica acts up! Is all your January cleaning done now?

CAROL - we are hoping to see some water in Lake Shasta when we go through that area. It gets lower and lower every year. Just like Lake Mead. Are you doing that hanging sleeve for your signature quilt? When I make an entire sleeve, I sew it into the binding. (unless I forget :D )

I'm not sure about our supper tonite. We are hoping to make Van Horn, TX and the RV park we have our eye on has a little cafe and if we make it there, we might opt for the cafe. But if the winds drive us off the road, it will probably be soup and grilled cheese sandwiches. Or I might bake potatoes and have beans over them.

Hope your supper is more sure!

auntjana

Re: SUPPER CLUB - Wed, Jan 17

Post by auntjana » Tue Jan 17, 2023 5:46 am

Good morning!

Mary - you'll probably get to see water in Shasta. Daniel mentioned the other day that the water in the lake had risen over two feet. Doesn't sound like much, until you remember the size of that lake. That's a lot of water! I could suggest that you come my way to get home, but we are getting more and more snow, not good for trucks and RV's. Last count, up in the mountains, there's over a 30 foot base. My house, on the ground is about 2 feet. Scooting over the Siskyous is worry, I haven't heard anything on them, but will keep my ears open.

I am feeling much better today. Probably past the worst of this cold. Maybe I can stay awake more than asleep during the day.

Dinner - I'll see how I feel later today as to how much energy I have to cook. There's plenty to fix, as I shopped before I got sick.

Daniel will be driving our Tacoma for the next while. Frankenjeep is doing time in the corner for being naughty. Daniel has rearranged Sandee's garage - she has 3 bays, with one being a double length. You can park two cars, end to end and that's where Frankenjeep and the Mustang are. Over the top of this long space, is a quite tall open area, to which Daniel is building a loft for storage. He has most of it framed now, so will finish it this weekend. Aaron and Stuart have been helping too.

Stay safe, warm, and no wind!

Hugs,
Jana

Quilter7

Post by Quilter7 » Tue Jan 17, 2023 6:36 am

Good Morning,

It is Tuesday, January 17th.

Today I drive to Ontario to Road to California. The show opens tonight for Preview night and will be open until Saturday. (It is right off I-10.) I have a class this afternoon from 12:30 until 3:30 PM. Then I will check into the hotel, meet friends and have dinner. Then we will go to Preview night. The vendors as well as the show is open. I have two quilts in an exhibit (no judging) called New Quilts of Southern California in the Ballroom Prefunction (the hallway outside the show quilts).

We will be getting one more storm on Wed-Thursday. Southern California will get the tail end and only get a little rain.

Jana - Glad you are feeling better. I went shopping the other day and a little girl walked up to me coughing I was so glad I was wearing a mask!

Maryz - It has been very windy here yesterday and overnight. The temperature at 6:00 AM is 48*. It isn't going to be above 60* here today. Yes, the hanging sleeve is for both of the final quilts. I did not make them yesterday. I did not make the pillowcase either, but I did start it. Your plan to stop sooner today is wise. Take care and have a safe trip.

Tina - Do get some rest.

I will talk to all of you on Friday.

Carol

gershwin64

Post by gershwin64 » Tue Jan 17, 2023 7:21 am

Good morning everyone!!
Mary, safe travels! We always stayed in Van Horn on our way home when we went to Virginia and Indiana, I always liked it there.
I'm pretty sure all the deep cleaning is done! Yay!!🎉 I know I over do it but it's gotta be done and I prefer to hurt all at once than drag it out LOL. It didn't help that Saturday when going up our steps my leg gave out and I hurt it extra by trying to catch myself. That part is better but the steps I have are proving to be a challenge still, that muscle doesn't want to be used on steps..... so yesterday when I went downstairs I stayed until lunch, came up then only went down after to only come back up to fix supper and then after supper again till we were done. I was afraid to make too many trips up and down and get stuck down there and not be able to come back up. The bathrooms are in the up part 🤣😂 today I have to do laundry though and it's down there, ugh. But thankfully Frankie hauls it all down for me and then brings the clean up for me.
Jana, you and Val sound like you have the same thing and it sounds identical to what we had before Thanksgiving, it lingered for weeks and we couldn't stay awake. I hope you're better soon.
Frankie has had that happen before on vehicles, he's a mechanic, he's learned not to trust anybody else's work especially factories. I know how frustrating it is.
Carol, I thought I missed a day LOL it is Tuesday huh.
Sounds like you're going to be having so much fun! Enjoy every second of it! Safe travels!
We've been having winds and dirt blowing but yesterday we started getting blessed rain! I'm soooooo thankful for the rain we get, it really helps wash the dirt out of the sky and settle it on the ground.
I'm not sure what's for supper tonight yet, maybe breakfast my favorite! We'll see how I feel by then.
Tina

zfatcat

Post by zfatcat » Tue Jan 17, 2023 9:51 am

Jana, glad you are feeling better. Frankenjeep sounds like a nightmare.

Carol, have fun in you class and at preview night. I'll be there Friday morning to white glove, and the go to the show in the afternoon. Our quilt will be there Friday.

Mary, it's going to be slow going for you with the crazy weather. Hopefully the rain had let up for a bit.
Our backyard is very mushy again. It should soak in by tomorrow hopefully. The dogs went out to play last night and Wrigley got all muddy, but he was happy.

It's a cold morning. I didn't walk Jack yet. I'll wait until about 10. The sun is out, that helps a bit. I have a guild business meeting tonight, and I need to do some grocery shopping today. I finished up a Sashiko Stingray that I bought at the long beach show. I think it will go into the pile of quilt blocks to be put together later.

Not sure what dinner will be. We'll see when I get back from the store. I'll have more choices then.

Have a lovely day.
Lori 8-)

Return to “Chit Chat”