Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

SUPPER CLUB - Monday, Jan 16th

General discussion of the quilting world, and topics that don't fit in other categories.
purrfect-lady

SUPPER CLUB - Monday, Jan 16th

Post by purrfect-lady » Mon Jan 16, 2023 3:27 am

Good morning,

Yesterday we traveled straight north through the pretty Louisiana countryside from the Gulf beach up into Arkansas. It was a beautiful day with nice weather, good road, little traffic, and pretty scenery. And no disasters! After checking weather forecasts for all routes west from there, we decided the most prudent and safest way to go is the southern route, back through Texas, so we turned west at Texarkana and set our course. It will be a bit shorter day today and we'll spend the night tonite at the KOA in Weatherford, just west of Fort Worth. I actually enjoy traveling days. It's interesting to see how different and unique every area of the USA is. I never get tired of it. And if I do, I have a stack of old quilting magazines handy that my sister found in a thrift shop and gave me for Christmas.

VELDA - thanks for the tip of the RV park. We stayed at the KOA in Texarkana. A nice park with tall pine trees. Oh, how I have missed big trees! Only $36 which is a bargain nowadays. Park prices have really jumped in the last few years.

JANA - I hope you're feeling better soon. Cold? Covid? Hard to tell unless you test. Did you work on your ugly sweater mug rugs yesterday? Still getting snow? CA is having another storm today, I think, so maybe there's yet more snow in your forecast.

Last night I made a one pot meal with Rice-a-roni, canned chicken, and frozen peas. And just now remembered that I forgot to add the sliced green onions at the end as I'd planned. Oh well. We have leftovers for tonite and I can add them then. I'll toss a salad to go with.

Happy eating!

Quilter7

Re: SUPPER CLUB - Monday, Jan 16th

Post by Quilter7 » Mon Jan 16, 2023 6:51 am

Good Morning,

Yesterday I finished binding and sewing on the label for my Signature quilt. I am having trouble getting the powder to come out of the stitching areas. I soaked overnight, but still not sure it is out. I cut out a pillowcase and the hanging sleeves, so may sew those today.

Today will be finish packing and sweeping the floors. We polished furniture yesterday. It has rained all night. The rain is supposed to stop at about 10:00 AM and it will be windy by 2:00 PM. Then more rain is now expected on Thursday.

Jana - Sorry you are sick. It is hard to stay healthy when you are around children, but I know you love them very much. Daniel sounds like he is fed up with the jeep! Did Sarah get her cabinets installed?

Maryz - I suspected you would drive the Southern route. It makes sense given the storms this year. Hopefully, California will have a dry spell and you can drive through on dry roads. I do think you will see water in reservoirs and snow on the mountains. Oh also, a lot of green! It should be lovely. California at her best.

Dinner last night was Pizza. Tonight I will make Autumn Soup. I shopped yesterday and have all the ingredients.

Enjoy your day!
Carol

gershwin64

Re: SUPPER CLUB - Monday, Jan 16th

Post by gershwin64 » Mon Jan 16, 2023 7:21 pm

Hi all, just a quick hello.
We cleaned the downstairs bedroom all day today. Just need to wash the bedclothes tomorrow and dust some books and put them in my bookcase in the livingroom tomorrow. We're both exhausted. We only took breaks at lunch and supper and just finished about an hour ago.
We had spicy chicken breast and salad for supper.
I'll try to get back here tomorrow.
Tina

Return to “Chit Chat”