Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Supper Club. Sunday, Jan 15

General discussion of the quilting world, and topics that don't fit in other categories.
purrfect-lady

Supper Club. Sunday, Jan 15

Post by purrfect-lady » Sun Jan 15, 2023 3:55 am

Good morning

I think it’s Sunday and I think it’s January 15. We really should have a calendar in this trailer! Still using my phone to post and will for next two weeks. So this will be short. We are moving north this morning to Texarkana where we will spend tonight. It’s a twisting scenic red road through Louisiana and Up into Arkansas. Hoping for a nice day, weatherwise.

Yesterday we took another long walk on the beach and I got another bag of shells. I have them all washed and laid out on the picnic table outside. Now to find something to put them in for the ride home. After our walk I cleaned a cabinet that had a little sugar spilled in it and then cleaned out my little recipe box that I carry. It was bulging with some recipes I knew I’d never make in the trailer and I rewrote some that were hastily scribbled on large pieces of paper. Mostly I carry the box because it belonged to my parents and it’s just a small way of bringing them with me. They loved camping.

Jana, congrats on the game. At halftime I thought the Seahawks might do it. But it was a no go. 49ers deserved their W.

Tina, maybe you should see the doctor for your sciatica. Maybe he can help and insurance covers medical. No, the only shells on Washington ocean Beaches are razor clams. And we do have sand dollars, or Sea biscuits as some people call them. But mostly they are broken up by Seagulls or by people driving on the sand. Hard to find intact ones. In bays and harbors there are oysters and other clams. But our oyster shells are very different from the oyster shells here on the Gulf. I wonder if the oysters taste different to people who eat them.

Carol, sounds like you got the quilt all done! 👏👏

Lori, i remember that modern quilt. I think I donated mine. And no, I don’t remember all the swaps and when they were done. But I was curious so I went back through Swaps and looked at dates. But I was still wrong! 😜

For supper tonight I think we will have a Rice-A-Roni dinner. It’s going to be a 300 mile day and that’s easy to prepare.

What sounds good to you?

QuiltGram8

Re: Supper Club. Sunday, Jan 15

Post by QuiltGram8 » Sun Jan 15, 2023 5:40 am

Good morning. First off: we always stopped at Texarkana going and coming home from Texas.
I am texting you a screen shot with the info. Flying J is right next door with Denny's for supper or breakfast. Camping fees, reasonable. Dick also would either gas up before we camped, or we would go gas up, have breakfast and then get on the road.
We have leftovers today for lunch and left over pizza for supper.
Have a great day of travel. Stay safe!
HUGS, 💕 Vel

auntjana

Re: Supper Club. Sunday, Jan 15

Post by auntjana » Sun Jan 15, 2023 1:05 pm

Good afternoon!

Slept most of the morning. This cold has knocked me for a loop. I really appreciate my kids for sharing - NOT!

Dinner is up to Kari. She can cook a little bit. Daniel does most of the cooking.

Worked a little on finishing my project boards that Sarah was making me for Christmas. She got them started, and I am finishing. Also tried a little on the ugly sweater mug rugs.

Hugs,
Jana

Return to “Chit Chat”