Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

SUPPER CLUB - Thursday, Jan 13th

General discussion of the quilting world, and topics that don't fit in other categories.
purrfect-lady

SUPPER CLUB - Thursday, Jan 13th

Post by purrfect-lady » Fri Jan 13, 2023 4:48 am

Good morning,

Today is another travel day. Had a nice time with Cindy yesterday. We visited for a while at her house and then hit three thrift shops. No quilt shops. But we did hang out briefly in her sewing room though she isn't sewing right now. We met Bill for dinner at Olive Garden at the end of the day. I posted a photo of the two of us if you'd like to see.

We did have to get a new tire. Our old one was non-repairable. The good news is that we now have a rusty 4" screwdriver blade as our souvinier of Texas! And the tire didn't go flat while we were driving. And Discount Tire had a tire in stock. We just had tons of good luck!

Yesterday morning before going to Cindy's and while waiting for Bill to get our tire issue resolved, I put on an audio book and started polishing all the wood cabinetry in the trailer. I'm 2/3 finished and will get the rest done this afternoon or tomorrow. I blame Katy over in Sew-in. She was talking about her cabinets and before I knew it I had a rag and a can of spray polish in my hands! But I did reward myself - QIAD had their Sparrows pattern on sale, free shipping. Lois did that quilt several months ago. I've always liked it but didn't weaken until I saw the "free shipping". And I finally succumbed to the temptation.

VELDA - glad you found someone to do the quilting for you. What does she charge? The last price quote I saw from MSQC was 2 cents/sq in. But I think that was a few years ago. Seems yesterday was haircut day for quite a few of our quilty pals. Even I took a few whacks at mine with my regular scissors. I love bean salad. My recipe calls for 5 beans with diced purple onion and celery and homemade dressing.

JANA - your stories never fail to entertain! I would love to have been a birdie in a tree watching all that unfold!

CAROL - Our usual route to/from Texas is I-10 to CA line, north to Needles, then across the Mojave on "40" to Barstow, '58' thru Bakersfield and over to I-5. We've taken that route so many times we're just looking for different territory this time if weather is clear. We don't usually come from Houston so this year we have opportunities. If wx forecast is not looking travel friendly - back to I-10 we go!

We're going to be in Holly Beach, LA next two nights just for fun. We were there about 27 years ago - before Katrina. We are wondering how it has changed.

Supper will be breakfast tonite - bacon, eggs, and hashbrowns. I'm already hungry! Conversely, breakfast this morning will be supper - leftover alfredo from last night! It's a crazy world!

What is your plan?

zfatcat

Re: SUPPER CLUB - Thursday, Jan 13th

Post by zfatcat » Fri Jan 13, 2023 10:47 am

Mary, so glad you were able to visit with Cindy. Bummer she isn't sewing. I guess things change and sometimes it's hard to get back to what we love.

Jana, that sure sounded like a muddy muddy mess Aaron had to deal with.

Not much going on today. Yesterday was a bit busy with errands. I did drop a quilt off to be quilted.
It was one of our swaps from May 2018. Looking forward to finally getting it done. I was going to quilt it myself, but that never happened. The top has been done since May 2019. I might work on my log cabin today. Need to put the blocks together.

Dinner will be chicken and pasta with a veggie. That was intended for a few days ago, but never happened.

Have a lovely day.
Lori 8-)

QuiltGram8

Re: SUPPER CLUB - Thursday, Jan 13th

Post by QuiltGram8 » Fri Jan 13, 2023 4:30 pm

LOL, I was here this morning, but didn't notice that you listed the post as Thurs Jan 13.
I totally missed that.
So better late than never.
We had left over lasagna that was in the freezer.
This lady charges .015 per square inch. Mine quilt will be about $111.00. I feel it's worth it since I just didn't have the desire to struggle with all the bulk. When we were in Texas I would often quilt at the clubhouse where we had big tables to spread out the weight. Here I just don't want to tackle anything bigger than crib size or lap quilts.
Going to take road trip tomorrow to visit my sister and our son, Brian. It's supposed to be a nice sunny day. Won't stay overnight because we want to be back here to go to church on Sunday morning.
Have a nice evening!
It has been a great Friday the 13th!! 🍀 Not superstitious at all!!
HUGS, 💕 Vel

Return to “Chit Chat”