Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

SUPPER CLUB - Wed, Jan 11th

General discussion of the quilting world, and topics that don't fit in other categories.
purrfect-lady

SUPPER CLUB - Wed, Jan 11th

Post by purrfect-lady » Wed Jan 11, 2023 4:14 am

Good morning,

A beautiful day yesterday and another one today by the looks of it. And it's leaving day! It's much easier leaving my daughter now knowing how happy she is. Tomorrow she hits the 27 week marker and will start her third trimester. All is good says her dr!

JANA - oh, I hope Michael doesn't have Covid again. Don't forget, tests can register negative for the first 4 or 5 days even if you are actually positive. But there are so many other viruses out there now to choose from, not to mention allergies. πŸ™πŸ€ž I bet Daniel is bummed about his old station, perhaps wishing he was there to help? But I'm glad he's not!

LORI - we heard thunder yesterday evening, too, but there was no weather disturbance anywhere near us that we could see. It was a warm, clear evening and we sat out until 8pm. Hope your boys got their walkies in!

VELDA - we've had chicken sausages, too. Various varieties. Always good. I do anything with them that I do with regular sausages. I'm sure you'll like them.

CAROL - Congratulations on finishing that quilting! You will love that quilt forever! Sorry you had to deal with a fridge spill, too. What a pain. We don't eat much red meat either. A couple times a month, perhaps. Partly for heath, and partly because we just prefer chicken or pork. Yes, we'll be back here, probably in about 10 months. We won't be here for the birth but A&A asked if we could return when she has to return to work. Daycare is SOO expensive. Antonio will take care of Kumquat in the summer when his school is closed and then when he goes back to work in Sept Aut can take the rest of her allotted maternity leave so they have it worked out up into Oct or Nov. It was actually her boss that suggested she break up her maternity leave to benefit the library but it also works best for A&A. But even at that, we'd only be here for 2 months, tops. They'll have to figure out something eventually. And they will. I texted you Sue's contact info. I hope you got it.

We still haven't had our bean burritos. Our RV neighbors brought pizza last night instead. And tonite we might be with Cindy so we may end up having to toss those burritoes. I hate wasting them but after being thawed for 3 days I don't want to refreeze. We'll see how it goes.

What's your plan?

QuiltGram8

Re: SUPPER CLUB - Wed, Jan 11th

Post by QuiltGram8 » Wed Jan 11, 2023 5:43 am

Good morning. Today I am going to make some vegetable soup. Only me will eat this, but I love it so much can use it lunch and supper. Going to fix up meatballs using 1/2 ground beef and 1/2 ground turkey. Dick has had current blood draw and doctor said his cholesterol was at the border line. She wants me to pay closer attention to our diets. Told us, don't deprive, she wants us to eat all food groups, just monitor portions and frequency.
We both would like to drop a few pounds and this might be just we need. Being aware of portions is a great way to monitor a diet and eating lifestyle.
I am going to get out my quilt to continue hand quilting that I started months ago. πŸ˜‰ Hopefully I will stick with it and finish it!
Hope everyone has a delicious day!!!
HUGS, πŸ’• Vel

Quilter7

Post by Quilter7 » Wed Jan 11, 2023 7:19 am

Good Morning,

Maryz - Safe travels. Maybe by going South and then East you will catch old Route 66 and drive back to California and catch the 5 all the way to Washington. We are expecting a storm Sunday but then it looks clear. We have had a lot of rain, but the storms are all moving East. They should be spent in a weeks time.

Vel - Hand quilting is a pleasant task. It is quiet and relaxing. My hands are quite sore right now from the intensity of quilting by machine. Yes, portion control is the key. If you have a small scale, try weighing your protein portions. You might be surprised. You only need three to four ounces of protein. A breast of chicken is much larger.

Jana - How old is Lila? You are taking care of her today and you are cleaning instead of sewing?

Dinner tonight will be Chicken. There are a few leftovers in the fridge, and I need to use them up, but not sure how.

Carol

zfatcat

Post by zfatcat » Wed Jan 11, 2023 11:29 am

Carol, I like hand quilting, but can only do it in little bits. My finger get sore after a few days.

Mary, I'm so glad to hear Autumn is happy and healthy. Safe travels. Will you get up to Cindy's area today?
Tell her we miss hearing from her.

I'm just doing some cleaning around the house, then I figure out something to sew or knit. I won an opportunity basket and 2 other prizes for finishing my UFO at guild last night. It's good to be me.

Dinner will Chicken and pasta with veggie.

Have a lovely day.
Lori 8-)

auntjana

Post by auntjana » Wed Jan 11, 2023 12:31 pm

Good afternoon!

My little termite helper is eating her lunch. She asked for a ham and cheese sandwich. I had the fixings. We have been cleaning, washing glass and dusting my curio cabinet this morning. It's rather big, about 7ft tall, corner unit, with the back two sides mirrors, the entire height, large glass door and small glass sides. More glass, mirrors than wood! There are six glass shelves that hold all the pretties I own. Well, these are the very special, very delicate ones. I have Lladro kitty cats, many pieces of Lenox, Fostoria glass ware, some depression glass and many bone china teacups. That's what started all my collecting was a tea cup and saucer that my Aunt gave me when I was about 10 years old. Many of the pieces belonged to my mom and grandmother. I do have one place setting of my great great grandmother's wedding china, my great grandmother 's wedding china and my grandmother's too. Nothing fancy, just white fine bone china, but oh so old! 1870's and my grandmother married in 1898. I do have a piece or two left of my mom's as well. Most of hers were dropped and broken one Thanksgiving dinner. Well, it's cleaned, polished and each piece dusted and wiped clean. A big chore! And no more little baby nose prints against the front door glass. Being behind a glass door, most everything stays pretty clean, so I don't need to do this that often. I hadn't realized how old some of those pretties are - I'm not that old! I'm still a young married in my recollection! LOL!

Dinner - most likely spaghetti. Michael is making the run to Ethan's cello in Alpine and I have the Gracie pickup in the opposite direction. The little girls and Aaron are having dinner with Kate at the fire station here in town. This is her last shift as a EMT. She'll start fire camp and when done done, we wait to see where she'll be assigned.

Frankenjeep is on hold awaiting a simple gasket that no one in town carries. So it's ordered and hopefully Daniel will have it done on Monday, since he's off for the holiday.

Michael did test negative and is feeling better today. A bit of a cough, but nothing else.

So that's about it from here. Snowed this morning, but blue sky now.

Hugs,
Jana

Return to β€œChit Chat”