Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

SUPPER CLUB -Tuesday, Jan 10

General discussion of the quilting world, and topics that don't fit in other categories.
purrfect-lady

SUPPER CLUB -Tuesday, Jan 10

Post by purrfect-lady » Tue Jan 10, 2023 9:00 am

Good late morning,

Today was laundry day and then we walked. Then found something had dripped all through our fridge and solidified. Took some doing to get that cleaned up. One thing led to another and pretty soon I'd wiped down the stove, polished the table, made up a package to send my brother, organized my sewing cabinet, and cleaned out my purse. Whew! And then I remembered I hadn't stopped by the table yet!

Today is Aut's birthday. Also my dad's and also one of our past shelties, Shamrock. We used to have some bang-up birthday parties! Today, Antonio is taking Autumn on a surprise picnic to a special place. I think she's going to love that!

VELDA - we like to use Rice'a'Roni as a base for one pot meals, too. I usually use sliced kielbasa or canned chicken. Great travel meals or even at home for those days when I just can't figure what to fix.

JANA - quite a story about Baden! I think he would have been red all over after that - his hiney from being swatted and his face from being kissed!

TINA - no, we didn't dry Scott at the dog-wash. I don't like that noise in his ears anymore than he does. He's a drip dry dog. We did notice that a fatty lipoma that he has on his passenger side shoulder has grown considerably, so we'll be off the vet to get it checked when we get home. Did you get the last of that housework done? By now you probably have to start over again!

CAROL - I'm not surprised that you are confused about whether we're going north or south. We were, too, until two days ago. I didn't want to go. Never did. I was just going along because Bill wanted to go. But after this trip, I am done. Stick a fork in me. It's been trouble after trouble and all I want now is to go home. So Bill agreed and that's where we're headed. But first, 2 days in Houston to see Cindy. I think seeing Sue is off the table for this year. Then two days in Louisiana just because it's there, so close. So next Sunday, we will begin our trip home. We want to go north through Arkansas - also, just because - and then hit I-40 and go west through Albq, Flagstaff, to Needles. But we'll look at weather and assess our route before making final decisions. I will text you Sue's address. When you get the text, just tap on the circle with her initials in it. That should automatically attach her to your contact list. I don't know if it will put her under first or last name. It's under her first name in my list.

We are having bean burritos and salad tonite for supper. We were going to have them a few days ago but they are supposed to be thawed 24 hrs first. I didn't feel like quick-thawing them, so I put them in the fridge and we had spaghetti instead. So tonite will be the burritos finally.

zfatcat

Re: SUPPER CLUB -Tuesday, Jan 10

Post by zfatcat » Tue Jan 10, 2023 9:38 am

Mary, that's quite a busy morning. Jack and Wrigley air dry too. Wrigley hates loud noises. We had thunder last night, and he was not happy.

Today I need to vacuum. It's still raining, but should end by this afternoon. So that's when the boys will get to walk mama. I finished the background for the class. I hung it in the closet until they reschedule the class. I might pull fabrics for block lotto today. I have guild tonight.

Dinner will be whatever.

Have a lovey day.
Lori 8-)

QuiltGram8

Post by QuiltGram8 » Tue Jan 10, 2023 10:14 am

Hi ladies. I am later than I expected. We had to make a trip to a nearby city. Harbor Freight for Dick's things, then Wally World for me. Our smaller Walmart didn't have bean sprouts. I need them for chicken chop suey. Thankfully, they had some. I bought 3 extra cans, just to have that on hand. Then stopped at another small grocery/meat market on the way home. Got a few packages of meat. Have you ever heard of chicken sausage? Me neither!! This little market makes this and it was frozen. We are anxious to try it. Dick's results of blood test has him having to watch his diet closer, so it's important that we eat chicken, pork, turkey and fish more often.
Tonight is left over of our rice and ground turkey meal. It was so delicious, I am already hungry for supper.
Hope you day is going just fine.
HUGS, ๐Ÿ’• Vel

zfatcat

Post by zfatcat » Tue Jan 10, 2023 10:47 am

Vel, I get chicken Italian sausage from Sprouts.
It's really yummy on the grill.
Lori 8-)

QuiltGram8

Post by QuiltGram8 » Tue Jan 10, 2023 12:23 pm

I will give a report and review when we try it. Hope it's as good as what you have had. ๐Ÿค—๐Ÿค—
HUGS, ๐Ÿ’• Vel

auntjana

Post by auntjana » Tue Jan 10, 2023 1:02 pm

Good afternoon!

It's been a day Michael's not feeling well, so we just ran down and picked up some Covid test strips. He now reading the directions carefully. Oh how I am praying he's negative! After the last go round, he's a bit over cautious and I may do him in first! He is still fussing over where he caught Covid over a year ago, no idea and he can't pinpoint it either. Me, just move on, it's over, but that's not how he works.

Dinner - baked chicken patties, maybe mashed potatoes and a gravy and a veggie to be named later.

So not much getting done here. I did get all my spending posted, which is a good thing. A dress I ordered that took the slow boat from China, really China, is arriving in my mailbox today. Hope it fits. Raining, but trying to snow. The fire station that was Daniel's in California, sustained quite a bit of damage in the recent storms. Tore off the roof and ripped off the main antenna that they use. Lots of flood rescue calls, even a structure fire during all that mess. The fire equipment wasn't damaged, just the antenna and water to deal with. Kari's parents are up the foothills, so out of flood danger.

Mary - enjoy the New adventure into Louisiana. Give Cindy our love and hugs for Sue.

Velda - chicken sausage has been a staple here for a long time. There are so many different flavors that are added to it. Lots of ways to use it.

Carol - no time that binding will be done!

Lori - the vacuum so needs to be run in this house! Need to use the normal vacuum, then my robot one can keep up, that is after Daniel gets it back down from where it's put from Christmas.

Hugs,
Jana

He's negative!

Quilter7

Post by Quilter7 » Tue Jan 10, 2023 6:16 pm

Good Evening,

Dinner is over and it was Linguini and Meat Sauce made with Ground Turkey.

I do want you to know that I finished the quilting by today. I need to make the label and sew on the binding. I hope to make the label tonight. I like to sew it into the binding.

Maryz - Thank you for the clarification on your travels. You sound like you are very done with Texas but I think you will be visiting to see the baby. Did you say something spilled in your refrigerator? Today something spilled in ours as well! I should have placed the Ziplock of sauce in a container and it leaked.

Vel - We eat very little red meat for our health. It isn't difficult. You can substitute Ground Turkey or Chicken and you won't know the difference.

Jana - Please tell us Michael is negative! He is someone who doesn't need to catch Covid again! We don't know where we caught Covid either.

I own a spool of MicroQuilter. It is 100 Wt/2 ply Polyester. I bought it last year after finishing my Bugs quilt. I should have used it on that quilt. I did a lot of quilting on it. The Bugs quilt will be in the SCCQG Special Exhibit at Road this year.

Lori - Did you get out to walk Jack and Wrigley? It was chilly here today. I walked in the house. I got all my steps it just wasn't fun.

I want to start the embroidery unit to make the label. It will take a while.

Carol

Return to โ€œChit Chatโ€