Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

SUPPER CLUB - Monday, Jan 9th

General discussion of the quilting world, and topics that don't fit in other categories.
purrfect-lady

SUPPER CLUB - Monday, Jan 9th

Post by purrfect-lady » Mon Jan 09, 2023 4:50 am

Good morning,

If you're a fan, I think this is Elvis's birthday, isn't it? What a voice he had! Her certainly earned his title of "King".

I'm sure you all saw my post about Sue who lost her sweet hubby yesterday. 😒 I have her address if you want it.

IRISH!! So good to see you here! I'm bummed that you have been so sick, but happy you are up to coming to the table! Glad you have your sis and Kevin so close to give you a hand. And so sweet that you have that new little great granddaughter! And so close, too. We'll keep up the prayers. We want you back in full fighting Irish form!

VELDA - I don't know that Scottie was soothed by "our loving hands" during his bath. He trembled the entire time and when we got home, he was very suspicious every time we came near him. He HATES baths, brushing, trimming, nails. Poor dog! And we are taking stock of our pantry and freezer. Our trip home will be about two weeks. In later years we've tried to make our travel days as easy as we can - under 300 miles if possible. Easy to fix meals are our friends!

CAROL - you have had a lot of rain recently. I'm wondering how all the burned areas in CA are fairing. But it will be good to have a good snow pack up in the Sierras! How's the quilting going?

LORI - Halloween sewing such such fun! Enjoy the process! Dog washing places are great! This one cost $24 but they provided everything - shampoo, conditioner, face wash stuff, brushes (we used our own), cotton balls, towels, and all at back saving height. He doesn't look quite as stunning as when he comes home from the $90 groomer, but he's good enough for the road!

Today I'm going to the store for lasagna ingredients. I'll make and bake it here in the trailer and we'll take it all to Aut's about 5pm. Also salad, focaccia or garlic bread, and a dessert to be named. (in other words, whatever we find at the grocery store, ready made). They are vegetarian so I'm going to add a layer of shredded zucchini to the lasagna instead of meat.

What are YOU making for your supper tonite?

QuiltGram8

Re: SUPPER CLUB - Monday, Jan 9th

Post by QuiltGram8 » Mon Jan 09, 2023 7:00 am

Good morning. I was sorry to hear about Sue's husband. Even when death is near because of long illness,etc., It's still hard to say goodbye. πŸ˜₯
Going to work on Lotto today. And for supper/dinner tonight, I feel like doing a rice-a-roni dish with ground turkey. Or, I might make a batch of cocktail meatballs. When I made them for new years Eve, I ruined them. I used too much bread crumbs and I baked them instead of frying. So I promised my husband I would do a " do- over". Yes, I think I might enjoy doing that one instead. πŸ€—
Still have coffee to finish. β˜• Better get back to it.
HUGS, πŸ’• Vel

auntjana

Post by auntjana » Mon Jan 09, 2023 8:20 am

Good morning!

So happy to see Irish! Made my day to read her again! Come back soon!

I posted the escapades of Baden over in Sew Ins. Little pill!

I am going to be better at cooking and planning meals around here. Tonight will be, chicken parm with noodles on the side and a veggie too. I need a grocery run, but first need to take inventory of what I have and what is needed. One thing is celery salt. If you keep things in stock in your extra pantries, make sure you have things to season with too. I learned that lesson a long time ago and thought I had some celery salt downstairs, but you know what thought got!

Mary - home - there's no place like home! You must have been clicking your Ruby slippers together! And one last time with A&A. Have you been looking at flights for March April, to get your hands on that sweet new bundle? I am so a hands on grandma. Lots of smooches as Chriss says.

Vel - good to have an idea of things to do! I get into trouble, the squirrels run rampant around here! My plan, after uglies is some mug rugs - the ugly sweater ones. They are gifts for my neighbors this upcoming year. I have a few sets to make, so need to get started!

We still have lots of snow. The snowpack up in the mountains continues to grow, and is almost twice for normal, right now. A good thing to help with the drought replishment. Praying it keeps coming!

Not much else here,
Hugs, stayvsafe and warm,
Jana

gershwin64

Post by gershwin64 » Mon Jan 09, 2023 8:30 am

Good morning everyone!
Mary, such sad sad news about Ken, prayers for Sue and their family.
Mary, did you dry Scotty at the dog wash place?
I was crazy over Elvis, probably saw all his movies. We were in California on a family vacation when we heard he had died.
Irish, so happy to see you posting again! I hope you come back often ❀
Velda, good to see you again too ❀ how are your church quilts coming along? Are you making anything for you or your family this year?
Carol, you'll have that quilt quilted before you know it πŸ₯°
Lori, how fun to be working on Halloween, you'll be all ready when it rolls around.
Jana, I should do menus too, I'm just not motivated by cooking lately. Holly suggested menus to me, I may try it. πŸ€·β€β™€οΈ
Well I thought we were all finished yesterday with the big clean and moving furniture but we noticed our bookcase is in bad need of a deep clean also. So we'll be unloading it and moving it so it can get cleaned under, around, on top and inside of it and the floor and walls too then I'll be seeing if anything can go out of it as I clean the books and put them back. That'll be it for deep cleaning around here. We still have that 1 bedroom to go through but I'm tired of deep cleaning and want to sew LOL maybe Frankie can start taking things out and I'll join in when it's ready to be gone through and put back? πŸ€” I like that plan LOL not sure if he will πŸ€£πŸ˜‚
My chicken strips were yummy last night, they're so tender and moist with this recipe and they're baked.
I think I'll be making tacos or maybe taco salads tonight.....πŸ€”
Tina

Quilter7

Post by Quilter7 » Mon Jan 09, 2023 9:27 pm

Good Evening,

Dinner tonight was Marinated Grilled Chicken.

Today I went grocery shopping. Then I finished the outside setting triangles and only have the corner blocks to finish tomorrow. I will make a label and binding and hopefully will sew it on tomorrow. I am so glad to be at this point of almost finished!

Maryz - Know you enjoyed the lasagna dinner with A & A. I am a little confused as to whether you are heading north or south, however. I was shaken when I read about Sue's husband. He was my age. Please send me her address.

Tina - I am seeing dust and need to clean house before I go to Road next week.

Jana - The story of Baden is quite a story! He really must have wanted a drink of water from his own bottle. Starting on those mug rugs early is a great idea.

Vel - Love your idea of a "do-over". Hope they were perfect this time.

Goodnight.

Carol

auntjana

Post by auntjana » Mon Jan 09, 2023 10:01 pm

Carol
I got a email from Superior Threads that was introducing a new thread , Microquilter - supposed to be similar to a invisible thread that is used for ditch quilting and micro quilting too. You might want to check it out at Road2California. The description sounded intriguing.

Return to β€œChit Chat”