Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

SUPPER CLUB - Tuesday, Nov 28th

General discussion of the quilting world, and topics that don't fit in other categories.
purrfect-lady

SUPPER CLUB - Tuesday, Nov 28th

Post by purrfect-lady » Tue Nov 29, 2022 5:19 am

Good morning,

We are 69* this morning, but breezy. And cloudy. I think we have a "system" moving through this week. Probably the same one that's dumping snow further north on JANA and my CO sisters.

We ended up going on what Jana would call a "traipse" yesterday. Back to Home Depot and then on to Buy Buy Baby to look at nursery furniture. WOW$$$. We decided to give the kids cash to buy their own rocking chair, crib, high chair, etc. No need for giant gift bags and bows! And they get the fun of shopping for their baby themselves. And just like that, our shopping done!

Today Bill will finish putting up our outside lights. Many folks in this park are semi-permanent residents and go all out decorating their "yards". We'll be more restrained, but will still be quite festive.

Despite our unplanned trip out to shop, I still made good progress on my 31 mug rugs. Only 4 more to paper piece. I was only making 30 but I guess I miscounted. Maybe today or tomorrow I can start 'sandwiching' and quilting them.

CAROL - you've been quilty busy, too! Are the blocks all the same or different? You had more good "A" names. So -the threat of possible broken glass is a good way to get people to put shoes on in a restaurant? That's not usually a problem is it? "No shirts, no shoes, no service" ?? Were you involved in the restaurant service at one time?

BECCA - you've had some really tough times and it looks like more are ahead. Sending hugs, prayers, good thoughts your way. Avery is a nice name. Autumn's best friend since 9 yrs old has a DD named Avery.

JANA - that mixer really had it in for you! I hope that's the last injury report for a while! Snow for Karlie! What a great birthday present for a little California girl! How is Other Gramma doing?

LORI - I, too, love my metal bowl for the Kitchen Aid. A few times I've forgotten to lock it in place and it's bounced all over until I could get it stopped. Hate to think if I'd had a glass bowl. My pork fried rice is always different. But my basic recipe is in my trusty Betty Crocker cookbook. We're having leftovers for breakfast with eggs scrambled into it.

We think we're going to have spaghetti and meatballs tonite for supper. But, as usual, that could always change. We'll see how the day goes. We may end up opting for tomato soup and grilled cheese sandwiches.

What sounds good to you tonite?

gershwin64

Re: SUPPER CLUB - Tuesday, Nov 28th

Post by gershwin64 » Tue Nov 29, 2022 8:31 am

Good morning everyone!
Jana, I hope you're all done with owies. Snow! I love snow! Calibrate for me too!

Becca, I'm so sorry CA is having such a rough time. Prayers for you both ๐Ÿ™๐Ÿ™๐Ÿ™

Carol, I didn't think you could go into a restaurant without shoes, that's kinda gross.

Mary, I loved your idea for the nursery, it's gonna be awesome!

I didn't get everything I intended to get done yesterday so I'll be working in that today.

I'm making baked chicken and rice for supper. These 4:30 suppers are hard but it's only for about 2 more months, Dad can't drive in the dark.

Tina

zfatcat

Post by zfatcat » Tue Nov 29, 2022 10:13 am

Mary, I've never had the bowl come completely off. I always make sure it's tight and nothing is in the way before starting the mixer. My sister dropped a small bowl in hers one time and it bent the whipping attachment. She was adding something and it slipped out of her hand.

Tina, 4:30 would be difficult for me too. It's hard for me to start cooking dinner by 6.

Well I bought a Dyson Vacuum from Costco on Friday. I opened it and one of the attachments is not the right model. So now I have to take it back. Not happy. I will make sure Dyson knows about their mistake.

Dinner will be whatever. We will be heading out for late lunch today.

Have a lovely day.
Lori 8-)

auntjana

Post by auntjana » Tue Nov 29, 2022 12:01 pm

Good afternoon!

On the glass bowls, KitchenAid uses a heavy duty plastic ring, that has the grooves to lock the bowl in place. It can be unscrewed to clean the gunkies that collects. It stayed in place on the mixer, the bowl came undone from that. So the engineer and the architect did a very thorough accident investigation. Their conclusion was, the dough was too stiff, and the bowl was originally loose on that plastic ring. So it's mostly operator error - me. So I have been instructed in no uncertain terms that I am to verify that the ring is tight before the bowl goes on the mixer and that it's properly in place. I will behave and do as prescribed.

Dinner - last of the noodles, turkey enchiladas and that will be the last of the bird. New food tomorrow.

Mary - that will be such a fun gift for the new baby. Furniture is expensive! I still have my crib I use here, put in storage. I can share how to make crib sheets - they are soooooo easy! Flannel is nice and snuggly. Crib sheets can be sewn in less than 30 minutes and made to match the quilts! I did the whole shebang when Aaron was born - the quilt, sheets dust ruffle, bumper pad - they were allowed in those days, and diaper holder. Curtains too. Art to Heart has a book on Baby stuff and has a cute binky holder that attaches to the diaper bag. There's so much more than when we had little ones!

Tina- no fair - only one room left! I am waiting for some child who will remain nameless, but his initials are Daniel to get his storage totes out of the way!

Becca - prayers for a good day at your home.

Carol - getting excited to see your new creation. You are so talented!

Lori - you are always so busy too!

Well, off to see about some tote removal, or should I say, eviction! LOL

Hugs,
Jana

Quilter7

Post by Quilter7 » Tue Nov 29, 2022 6:47 pm

Good Evening,

Dinner was leftover soup.

Maryz - Yes, I worked as a restaurant manager at the airport many years ago. Children would often come in without shoes. Parents would not listen so I came up with the broken glass and the quickly complied. Sometimes you must approach a situation with imagination.

Jana - I have a metal bowl on my KitchenAid. It has gotten loose too but not badly. I have more trouble with it getting too tight with kneading bread dough.

Tina - That is too early however it is what you must do.

Becca - Hugs and prayers to you.

I have a Board meeting tonight. I have cut the spacing border. Wish me luck with the borders.

Carol

Return to โ€œChit Chatโ€