Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

SUPPER CLUB - Sunday, Nov 27

General discussion of the quilting world, and topics that don't fit in other categories.
purrfect-lady

SUPPER CLUB - Sunday, Nov 27

Post by purrfect-lady » Sun Nov 27, 2022 5:16 am

Good morning,

I'm typing while sitting in my recliner, 20# of Foxy on my lap. He takes up a LOT of lap! Computer is balanced on chair arm. He deleted my entire Sew-In post and then dropped his head onto the keyboard and typed a long line of S's. . . . . . I hit CTRL and Z and it all came back. This time. But you see the handicap I work under here.

Yesterday was chilly and windy but at least it wasn't raining any longer. Though they really need it here so no real complaints. Today will be purrfect - nearly 70 degrees. Bill is going to put up some outside lights. We're also running into Aut's library 15 miles away - she is working today - and we'll pick up some packages she said came for us. Our new trailer feet for one. The feet we bought on our way through CA don't fit right, and we can't level the trailer completely until we get the right ones. In between all that, I'll work on some more mug rugs. I've got a system going now and I'm able to pick up the pace a little bit.

BECCA - Your poor CA. Does he have pain pills that he can take for times like this? And do they work for him? I wonder if acupuncture would help him. If you could get an acupuncturist to come to the house.

TINA - I hope your foot is feeling better soon. They do sell real trees in lots, Home Depot, grocery stores, etc. They are shipped from PNW. They sell very few live ones (planted in pots) because there's not much point. They probably wouldn't survive in this climate in the extreme summer heat. If you put your tree in a different spot, would it last longer? At home, we cut our own - sometimes at a tree farm, but more often, driving about 75 miles up into the national forest, with a $5 permit. I love having a real tree at home. But in our trailer, we have a 3' fake one. It works. My dad, a career logger, planted a Christmas tree farm when he retired, so I hope he's not watching when we set up our little trailer tree!

JANA - I agree! Baby should have an A name. Their last name also begins with an A. Last night Bill suggested (to me, not the kids) that she should be named Angie which means Angel or message from God. Very appropriate. But I learned with Lara that our input is NOT appreciated, so I'm keeping my mouth shut. Well, at least until I can't! :lol: We loved our paper dolls when we were kids. The closest we could come to Barbies which we weren't allowed to have. Mom thought they were "too adult" for us. We didn't have Lincoln logs either, but our cousins did and about once a year we had dinner at their house and got to play with theirs. Ditto Tinker Toys. 8-) It would have been a perfect evening for my little sister and me at their house except my aunt ALWAYS served brussels sprouts and warm milk. And of course, we always cleaned our plates. But Lincoln logs were worth it.

LORI - hope you get your sew-jo back and finish your quilt. There are so many other things at holiday time to occupy our time and minds besides sewing. We've never not had a tree. Our pets have never bothered them except occasionally a wagging tail takes out an glass ornament. So I don't put the precious or breakable ones down low. And while I love tinsel, we don't use that because if a cat gets it, it can cause kitty problems. Other than that, it's Christmas as usual at our house.

CAROL = we had turkey sandwiches and salad last night, too. Mine was cold and Bill's was hot. We've finished up all the leftovers now and we're on to new food!

The day is supposed to be nice so Bill wants to grill pork chops outside tonite. We'll also have salad since we have all the makin's. Not sure yet what, if anything, we'll put with it.

How are those leftovers coming along at your house?

gershwin64

Re: SUPPER CLUB - Sunday, Nov 27

Post by gershwin64 » Sun Nov 27, 2022 6:08 am

Good morning everyone!
I was up till 11:30 sitting in the livingroom chatting with Kevin ❤ everyone else was in bed except Maria was taking a bath. Holly and the kids stayed till 10:30, I bet they're all still sleeping, they're supposed to be here for breakfast later. I made sticky buns and there will be donuts, eggs upon request.
It's been really great having them all here! My house looks like a disaster zone! Tree is up and decorated mostly by 3 little boys, 5, 7 & 9 years old and yep I'm leaving the clumped up ornaments 😂🤣 they make me smile and they are getting less clumped each year so I'm cherishing the moments.
Mary, I was going to ask you if A&A have any names picked out 😊
We were cold and windy here all day, it's supposed to be warmer and less windy so maybe the outside will get decorated today.
I hope your new foot fits!
My foot is doing better, I think it's my shoes, they're wore out so I put my new ones on and they helped.
I don't think we could put a tree anywhere else but I've considered trying LOL
I love going to the forest and looking for that perfect tree! Holly went last year and said they'll go again this one. She has a fake tree in 1 livingroom and her window in the other is north facing plus a porch roof so it gets no direct sun and that's where the real tree goes.
We're going to finish decorating today and I'll get all the totes and boxes put away inside. Oh I read where Michael only allows 1 tote at a time out and minimal mess LOL and I read Mary's post about how all hers is out for 3 days and Bill doesn't notice 😂🤣 we do Mary's system here, trash the house for 2 to 3 days and then clean it up.
Supper tonight is a mystery so far. We're going to have burgers on the grill but I'm not sure if that's lunch or supper yet. It's Dad's night tonight.
Tina

Becca

Post by Becca » Sun Nov 27, 2022 11:55 am

Hello everyone sunny here & windy Our power has cut off 3 times Sure it’s wind
Maryz CA isn’t in any shape to have anything done We got his pain level down
He has slept since bedtime last night until 1:30 I fed him He’s back sleeping
Imglad you got the right level I know how important they are when camping especially for long term
Enjoy your time with Autumn I have an Aniston Adalyn & Addy in our family I have a friend that their whole family all starts with same letter

Tina I know you have enjoyed your family time I too left my totes until I was finished decorating ThenI cleaned
Denise was very surprised what I had up because I have all mine except village & tree She took my ceramic tree yesterday and was thrilled It’s at least 48 or more years old It is pretty

I ate some leftovers which were very good
Courtney brought some apple walnut bread that tasted just like raw apple cake It was delicious & Denise’s pecan pie was extremely good this year
Becca

auntjana

Post by auntjana » Sun Nov 27, 2022 7:52 pm

Good evening!

Dinner is over. Noodles were yummy and a whole lot of trouble!

I was making the pasta dough in my KitchenAid mixer, just like so many times, when all of a sudden, the bowl jumped track, the dough hook, hit the sides I have a glass bowl and walla ka zing, the bowl shattered and ended up on the floor, glass everywhere and a large gash on my top of my left thumb. From the bottom of where it attaches at the base, to the top joint. Ouch! I have it bandaged, but bumping it hurts and it still bleeds a bit. So my Daniel saved me, cleaning up the mess. He and Michael have checked out the mixer, it seems fine, I had two bowls, now just one.

So that's the excitement for today! Hope your day was better!

Hugs,
Jana

Return to “Chit Chat”