Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

SUPPER CLUB - Saturday, Nov 26

General discussion of the quilting world, and topics that don't fit in other categories.
purrfect-lady

SUPPER CLUB - Saturday, Nov 26

Post by purrfect-lady » Sat Nov 26, 2022 4:33 am

Good morning,

Boy did we get rain through the night!! One thing about Texas, it never "under-does" anything! It poured and poured and finally just let up a few minutes ago.

Yesterday we got the laundry done in the morning and got in our walk. Then Bill read and napped all afternoon and I worked on my Elf mug rugs - 7 done, 23 to go. They are all paper pieced. And by "done" I mean they are only pieced. They are like little 6x8 quilts so they still need to be layered, quilted, and bound. I will work on some more of them today. They are for Autumn to give her staff for Christmas - NEXT year.

A few of you asked what I was reading. I constantly have a real book going, plus an audio book. The real book right now is "We Wish You a Murderous Christmas" by Vicki Delany. My audio book is "Nothing to Lose" by J.A. Jance. I'm a mystery lover.

BECCA - I'm sorry CA overdid, but like you said, I'm sure he wanted to see the family, so it was probably worth it to him. What kind of soup did they bring you? I'm happy to hear your Carol is doing well. Aut is, too. She is 20 weeks now and due April 14. I know Carol is due in March but I've forgotten which day.

LORI - sorry one of the family had to be a no-show, but better to miss the festivities than to put the rest of you at risk. I do hope she's feeling better soon. When Bill had Covid, he said it was awful - not really like a cold - more like a bad flu - worst he's ever had. I guess it might depend on what variant you are exposed to and how well you are vaccinated.

CAROL - I'm sure you are enjoying putting that President's quilt together. Each block is like a hug of love and appreciation for all you've done! I did give Aut the Nutcracker quilts and I posted a photo just this morning. I made them at her request from fabric that she ordered and had sent to me. (but I also made a baby one from the scraps which I'm saving for Christmas. Shhhh.....)

TINA - you are probably busy decorating today. I've seen all your beautiful decorations in past years. Your house will be so festive! And the best part is that your family will be there with you, helping! So fun to do it together! We have a date Dec 4th for brunch and tree trimming at Aut's - we bring the tree! lol!

Supper tonite will be a no brainer - though I think everything is now gone but the turkey. So I'll figure out something to put with that - salad for starters. And maybe nothing else. We've been doing a lot of starchy eating lately. BTW, some people wonder each year how long the leftovers are good for. I looked it up - according to the U.S. Dept of Health, the last day to eat them is Monday (4 days). Unless you freeze them. Tuesday is "Toss Day". I think we're going to make it!

What's for supper at your house tonite?

Quilter7

Re: SUPPER CLUB - Saturday, Nov 26

Post by Quilter7 » Sat Nov 26, 2022 7:11 am

Good Morning,

Yesterday I napped too, did laundry, cleaned bathroom, quilted and in evening cut setting triangles for the borders of President's Quilt. (I do need a name for the quilt). Today I intend to sew the setting triangles and quilt more. I do need to go for a few grocery items.

Maryz - I think you had a perfect day yesterday. It was much like mine, very quiet. No shopping here either. Thanks for posting such a great picture of Autumn, you and the quilt.

Becca - Hope you enjoy your family today.

Jana - One tote at a time does cut down on the clutter. I like it that way too.

Tina - Enjoy the decorating with family. Hope you are feeling better.

Supper tonight will probably be hot turkey sandwiches and a salad. We finished the leftover potatoes last night. Guess I will figure it out later, but it will be turkey.

Carol

gershwin64

Post by gershwin64 » Sat Nov 26, 2022 8:01 am

Good morning everyone!
Mary, that's a great picture of you and your daughter and granddaughter ❀ I always tell my kids they were in pics LOL they can't find themselves, I tell them look at my belly πŸ€£πŸ˜‚
We could use some rain, send it this way. The weather people were doing a big ole speal on our winter weather the other night, it's going to be a triple record setting dry winter. This will only be the 3rd time in history where 3 winters in a row receives none or barely any precipitation. I would like to be finished with the drought thank you.
Can you still buy live trees in Texas? I haven't seen live trees sold here in years and years... maybe 10! If we want live here we have to drive 60+ miles to the forest and get a permit to cut one down and bring it home. I loooove the way they smell but they get too dried out in our house because I set my tree in my livingroom window and it gets south sun all day long... it's a bummer.
Carol, sounds like you had a relaxing day yesterday too, good for you 😊 yummy, hot turkey sandwiches! I haven't had one of those since I've been married I don't think...πŸ€”πŸ€” our leftover turkey is being made into tacos for supper by Kevin at Holly's request, he makes the best!
I'm moving a little slow, I have a foot bothering me and it's running all the way up my leg. I put better shoes on to see if that'll help. I need to clean the front bathroom and start stripping beds so they'll be clean and the Christmas quilts can all be put on the beds. Let the decorating begin!! πŸŽ…πŸ€ΆπŸŽ„πŸŽ…πŸ€ΆπŸŽ„πŸŽ…πŸ€ΆπŸŽ„
Tina

auntjana

Post by auntjana » Sat Nov 26, 2022 11:17 am

Good noon time!

I have three little girls all playing at the table. Two are playing with Lincoln logs and one paper dolls. Two have never seen Lincoln logs, so it's a learning experience.

Soup is on, so noodles will be tomorrow. Daniel hasn't had noodles for many years. Tonight will be turkey sandwiches.

Mary - such a wonderful picture of you and Autumn. Baby girl's name needs to start with an A. Antonio, Autumn, they live in Austin, A is the first letter of the alphabet and she's the first girl granddaughter, and their first, I rest my case! LOL! Adelaide, Addie for short is a fun A name.

Carol - your president quilt sounds awesome. It will be finished quickly.

Becca - today is a busy day for you. Hope all goes well.

Tina - yeah, they say no rain of any drought busting qualities expected here too, but we can hope.

I have laundry running and the house is clean, so mostly a play day.

Hugs,
Jana

zfatcat

Post by zfatcat » Sat Nov 26, 2022 1:40 pm

Jana, what fun to have little girls in the house.

Mary, Sounds like you've settled into you home away from how for a while. I wish we could get more rain.

Tina, they ship tree's into our area, but we do have a very long mountain range not to far away. If we have a tree it's a real tree. We haven't put one up in years because of the dogs and cats.

Becca, enjoy being with your family today.

I went to the farmers market this morning and got my walk in. Now to get sewing. I haven't really been in the mood lately, but I have a quilt I want to finish quilting. So maybe I'll do that.

Dinner will be chili tonight.

Have a lovely evening.

Lori 8-)

Becca

Post by Becca » Sat Nov 26, 2022 3:18 pm

Hello everyone late here A busy fun day for us After yesterday I sure needed a break I had to call 911 RN come to evaluate CA It was one you try to forget His pain was so bad he cried a lot & hollowed most of day By mid night he had got some relief Today has been much better He’s too weak to try to get up
Tomorrow will be even better I hope
I have SO much food you would not believe Plus they brought all our Christmas & most is food Of course I froze a lot
You name it We had it
I must stop & get my shower Happy eating to all. Becca

Return to β€œChit Chat”