Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

SUPPER CLUB - THANKSGIVING DAY!

General discussion of the quilting world, and topics that don't fit in other categories.
purrfect-lady

SUPPER CLUB - THANKSGIVING DAY!

Post by purrfect-lady » Thu Nov 24, 2022 4:51 am

Good morning and happy Thanksgiving!

I know we're all busy today. Well, not me. My contribution to today's meal isn't a lot - cranberries, whipped cream, and appetizers. The cranberries and whipped cream are going to be from a can - we're camping! The appetizers are going to be baked Brie with walnuts and figs on top with crackers, plus a tray of veggies and hummus. I'm not sure what the rest of dinner will be. Aut ordered it from the grocery store. They are both vegetarian, but she mentioned a turkey breast for us. So we'll see . . . I don't really care. I believe her plan is to eat outside because she mentioned if it rains - and it sounds like it's going to - we'll move into the carport.

JANA - I've lost track of who all is coming to your house, but I'm assuming YOU have a handle on your guest list. If families are invited to join Kate and crew, did Aaron choose not to go? Everyone getting together for dessert sounds nice. If you are having lemon meringue pie, I'll be there! You'll never notice little me in the crowd. I love lemon anything.

CAROL - I'm hoping one day very soon I'll, too, be able to say, "I had time to sew today." :D And don't worry about the housework. At our funerals, they are all going to talk about the beautiful quilts we made, not how clean or dirty our houses were. So give them something to talk about!

BECCA - are you cooking a whole turkey or just a turkey breast? Or legs? I see you can buy those, too, though at our house, we are all white meat people. Foxy was on my lap when we read your post about getting out the giblets. His ears perked right up. He always gets the giblets at our house. I know you are going to love having your family there this weekend. You have four kids, don't you? Marty, Denise, Alex, and ?? I pretty much have Jana's family charted but I'm still a bit shakey on yours. Bethany is your DGD? And whose DD is she? I know everyone isn't coming this weekend, though.

TINA - how great that your son came to help clean. My son is 5'11", the tallest person in our entire family of about 80 people. We're a breed of little folk, I guess. We'd all need ladders! I know you're having a super day with all your family there. Is Kevin coming back today?

I'm really excited to see Autumn today. And Antonio and their new house, and that little bump! It still sounds funny to my ears to think "granddaughter" in relation to me! Thank you all so much for praying for my girl and for cheering her on. She should be about 18 weeks now, almost halfway. I'm sure I'll have some fun stuff to report after today! I'm wondering if they've started thinking of names yet. . . .

Happy Thanksgiving to you all! God bless you and all you love.

Becca

Re: SUPPER CLUB - THANKSGIVING DAY!

Post by Becca » Thu Nov 24, 2022 6:11 am

I don’t have 4 children Just lots of grands We are very blessed with much to be thankful for
Of course Alex lost his first wife Laurel in a car wreck
Happy Thanksgiving to everyone Have a blessed day no matter who you spend it with
Becca
Last edited by Becca on Thu Nov 24, 2022 3:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

gershwin64

Post by gershwin64 » Thu Nov 24, 2022 9:07 am

Happy Thanksgiving to you all!

All of mine will be here today. 🥰 I love the holidays!

Mary, all my uncles on my mom's side and all 3 of my brothers are over 6' tall!

Hugs
Tina

zfatcat

Post by zfatcat » Thu Nov 24, 2022 10:47 am

Happy thanksgiving.

Mary, how fun for you to be there. Hope Autumn likes all the things you brought for her.

We'll be going to the kids house. I prepared a turkey dinner for my Dad and brother. I'll take it up
before we leave.

Have a lovely day.
Lori 8-)

auntjana

Post by auntjana » Thu Nov 24, 2022 2:07 pm

Good afternoon!

Everything is done and in the oven doing it's thing! I have my little girls here, so I showed them how to set a proper table - crystal stemware, my good china, on chargers, and my silver with all the pieces. I set one place setting, so they could copy what I did. It looks very nice.

Aaron is on duty, and to say the least, it's very quiet in town. He has been hanging out m watching for calls here at the house. He just left with the girls to go have lunch that the firemen are cooking for the families. They'll be back for dinner later.

If things could go wrong for my Sarah, they did today. She put her turkey in the frig to thaw, last Friday, and it's frozen hard still this morning. So she did have a very small turkey breast she was going to use , but went down to the grocery store and they were open and had a fresh, thawed whole turkey. She's cooking that for the in laws. Oh, they did show up for dinner this afternoon. We all had bets on whether they would or not. We lost! LOL! They bail at the drop of a hat all the time.

Andrew is coming over tomorrow to learn how to make a lemon meringue pie, his favorite.

Happy Thanksgiving! Y'all are great to have as friends! Thanks for that!

Hugs,
Jana

Return to “Chit Chat”