Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

SUPPER CLUB - Wed, Nov 23

General discussion of the quilting world, and topics that don't fit in other categories.
purrfect-lady

SUPPER CLUB - Wed, Nov 23

Post by purrfect-lady » Wed Nov 23, 2022 4:29 am

Good morning and happy TG Eve!

Maybe because our summer ran on until end of October, but I'm having a hard time believing that it's Thanksgiving! We are in Austin. Our planned camp spot of last night was closed to camping now so we decided to drive the rest of the way and arrived here at 4pm. We put down our feet and they will stay here at least until Jan 11th. We're not sure what we're doing after that. We have friends who live 400 miles further south in the Rio Grande Valley and Bill wants to go down there for another couple weeks end of Jan. We'll see what happens. AZSWe'll be cleaning the trailer later this morning. Weather is not going to be good until after TG, so we probably won't be getting outside chairs, tablecloth, etc out until the weekend.

TINA - I'm guessing pecan pie, and many other favorite desserts are now off Frankie's list. Bummer. Keep in mind things like fruit juice and yogurts sound healthy but are loaded with sugar. Diabetics - and all of us, really, do better with 6 small meals rather than 3 larger ones. Avoids that hypoglycemic slump between meals. I like sweets, but not super sweet sweets. No sugar in coffee or tea, though. Nor do I add it to cereal or eat sugary cereals. We are Cheerios people.

LORI - I had to look up that embroidery project you are working on for next year. Love it! Of course!

BECCA - Don't knock yourself out getting ready for family. They are coming to see you, not the yard or the floors. Just be rested and relaxed so you can enjoy their visit.

CAROL - we'll all want to see your project when it's done!

We're going to have pesto pasta tonite. One of Bill's faves and so easy to make. Especially in my tiny trailer galley. And a salad.

What are you having for your pre-Thanksgiving supper?

gershwin64

Re: SUPPER CLUB - Wed, Nov 23

Post by gershwin64 » Wed Nov 23, 2022 6:47 am

Good morning everyone!
Mary, so glad you made it to your final destination safely. Now you'll be walking on cloud 9 having fun watching Autumn grow and knowing the reason is your granddaughter ❤❤❤
Frankie doesn't eat cereal of any kind. Dr said he doesn't have to totally stop eating sweets but to cut down in his daily and walk more, he usually walks a couple times a day. He eats 6 times a day just 4 of those times were not healthy so we're going to try and change that. He already started cutting back yesterday.
Kevin and family came over yesterday just to visit he said but then after they were here awhile he said he came to help clean. We had already vacuumed so he dusted the whole house and I do mean the whole house LOL even all my crystal and the picture frames that Frankie uses a step stool to get to hand them to me to dust and the ceiling fans, all with no stool just standing, he's tall LOL. Holly was here a couple hours by herself and then after Jazmyne was done at the concession stand for FFA she came back with all 3 so we had a houseful yesterday and it was great! I'm so glad they were here ❤
Supper tonight will probably be soup since I'll be doing a couple other things throughout the day for tomorrow plus Duncan needs his bath today....Rosie had hers last night and I need to wash bedclothes.
Tina

Becca

Post by Becca » Wed Nov 23, 2022 12:06 pm

Hello everyone sunny here & beautiful much warmer Wish I had time to be out enjoying it I have spent all day in kitchen Now the heating pad is my backs best friend I have the turkey & giblets to get out & ready to do on Friday I will soak it in salt water over night
And make my dressing to bake I did my cranberry salad pumpkin pie to send Levi & sweet potato soufflé
I double my recipes
Maryz One more sleep & you get to hug your baby girl I’m glad you arrived safely
Yes I know about family doesn’t come to check the place but I want it looking nice
They made me promise I would not overdo or fret
Tina I know you’re a happy camper when your family comes Ivtoo marvel at tall people that need no ladder
CA started drinking a boost everyday & his weak spells stopped The Dr told him to eat 6 small meals too
We had leftover potatoe soup I made CA a tiny pumpkin pie I had some cranberry salad
Becca

auntjana

Post by auntjana » Wed Nov 23, 2022 3:01 pm

Good afternoon!

Pumpkin pies are made, so is green stuff. Cheesecake is about to go into the oven. Lemon meringue is last, it's the easiest. Dinner will be chicken Alfredo, thanks to Costco. The 5able is all set and ready for tomorrow. We've got this! Kate works tomorrow, and the crew has invited all the families for lunch, which happens to be when Sarah was doing her dinner, so Aaron and the girls will be with us. No problem, we have plenty. Matt and crew and Sarah's crew will all be over for dessert after our dinner. I have everything else staged for tomorrow.

Kari and Karlie are setting the table - good china needs washing, so that's happening now.

Mary - oh how joyful it will be tomorrow to see Autumn and the little wonderful baby bump - a long time coming!

Well, time to get going,

Hugs and Happy Turkey Day!
Jana

Quilter7

Post by Quilter7 » Wed Nov 23, 2022 7:44 pm

Good Evening,

I posted but did forget to say yesterday I was in 10th grade when JFK was killed. I was in P.E. class. It is a day we never forget.

Maryz - So good you are off the road today! Hope you found everything you needed at the grocery store. Bet it feels good to clean your trailer too. Only a few more hours till you see Autumn. We are all praying for her.

Becca - Only a few hours until you see your family too!

Jana - Sounds like your family will all be there at least for dessert.

Tina - How kind of your son to help you clean!

Lori - So good to take your Dad shopping.

Tonight, after making the cranberry sauce and pumpkin Pie, I made Chicken, Mashed Potatoes, Broccoli and salad for dinner.

I made really good progress on my quilt and hope the center is done tomorrow, then onto the border. I should be finished by next week. (I really need to do some housework!!)

Carol

Return to “Chit Chat”