Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Supper Club. Monday Nov 21

General discussion of the quilting world, and topics that don't fit in other categories.
purrfect-lady

Supper Club. Monday Nov 21

Post by purrfect-lady » Mon Nov 21, 2022 5:01 am

Good morning!

Brrr!! We are 23° outside this morning. And 36° inside. Our first propane tank ran out through the night. We were snug and warm, though, under a flannel sheet, a comforter, and a quilt. Plus one large cat. Looks like we are catching the lower edge of the freezing weather system moving across the country

We had a short day yesterday and made camp around 1 PM. Today will be longer. We are planning a later start so as to miss as much of El Paso‘s rush-hour as possible. Plus, we have a 350 mile day. Our last long day. But once we get through El Paso it will be nice driving on interstate 10 The rest of the day

Yesterday after we got settled and hooked up, it was too cold to sit outside so Bill got the TV going just in time to catch the denver bronco game. They or our secondary team. It was a really good game until suddenly it wasn’t. Oh well.

Carol, your quilt is amazing! And there is the shamrocks! I would have to keep that one. It’s too beautiful. How big is it?

Becca, looks like you are going to be having a Thanksgiving after all! I know Denise really wants to see you. And I’m pretty sure you are looking forward to seeing her as well. Also Marty and Estel. My Lara was always a picky eater, too. She will be 51 in Feb and now is even pickier! Always a struggle to make food she will eat.

We think we will have spaghetti for dinner tonight. It has been decreed by the HOT. (Head Of Trailer, as opposed to HOH when at home (Head Of Household), though he likes just plain HOT! 😂)

What are you having?

gershwin64

Re: Supper Club. Monday Nov 21

Post by gershwin64 » Mon Nov 21, 2022 6:21 am

Good morning everyone!
We are brrrrrrrrr cold at 20* this morning!
Mary, I hope you didn't have anything freeze at this temp with no heat! Ugh El Paso traffic is awful! Prayers for safe travels 🙏
Carol, your quilt is beautiful!
Jana, I'm glad the pants passed! I'm right there with you on that set of grandparents, their loss for sure but I know the kids can see the difference and it breaks my heart. I see it happen here with Jaz 💔
SS is only 2 days away from the mailing deadline so we're all down to the wire but most have mailed or are mailing today and tomorrow. .... Then the wait for opening day!
Frankie has his follow-up this morning to get his results from his blood work and x-rays and I have a grocery order to pick up, hopefully it's our last trip into town for a week! I don't like going in until the crazy has passed right after Thanksgiving.
I think supper is going to be meatloaf with all the trimmings. Jazmyne is still here and it's her favorite and Dad loves it too. She's been asking me everyday....."can you text Mom and see if I can stay another night?" LOL she'd live here if they'd let her.
Tina

Quilter7

Post by Quilter7 » Mon Nov 21, 2022 6:53 am

Good Morning,

Maryz - Thank you for the compliment. The greens are from my President fat quarters gift and I will definitely be keeping the quilt. It is by far a favorite. I am looking forward to quilting it. I am piecing together the President Signature blocks. I have learned that people do not follow directions! An "accurate" quarter inch stitch is not a scant nor too large, but I have both. Hope you find some propane soon. Can you cook without propane? Are you getting some propane this morning?

Tina - Thank you for the compliment.

Becca - Good to hear you will be celebrating with your family.

As I said I want to put together the President's Signature Blocks. They are 6-1/4" finished and I have to check each one to make sure the center strips measure correctly. I am sewing four together and making four of those a day. I should finish this week. Then I have the border. I need to have the top put together by December 13th.

Dinner will be Chicken because last night we had Fast Hash. I also need a grocery trip this morning. I want to go early.

Carol

Becca

Post by Becca » Mon Nov 21, 2022 10:07 am

Hello everyone sunny here but cold we started in the teens today
Maryz Im glad you stayed warm without heat BRrrr yes I’m excited Denise & mark & Avery Courtney & Philip are coming Willbe great
Carol All your quilts are beautiful Never seen an ugly one yet plus you do such neat work
Tina Keith was just like Jaz He would have no lived here & he had a good home It’s just different for them

I made tracks this morning Had Dr appt at 10:00 Before I got there I had already done DG Walmart Groceries & banking drug store Then-after Dr I picked up label I had made & gazed car up at 3.23 @gal
I felt I did good Got home at 11:00
Now I’m a tired puppy but will get out more decorations I got all my wreaths and centerpieces yesterday I am not sure about village I know no tree I just can’t drag it up & down steps like in the past
When I got home I made egg salad sandwich carrot strips & apples for me
Willbe cereal or breakfast for tonight
Becca

zfatcat

Post by zfatcat » Mon Nov 21, 2022 12:58 pm

Mary, that's a little chilly on the inside. So how do you like the backing on the embroidery?
I saw that you started stitching.

Becca, that is a lot of running around. Glad you got it all in early.

Carol, your guild gives you blocks for being president? We make a complete quilt for our president. After all you do as president I think it's the least we can do. It's a big job.

Tina, I'm with you on going out during the crazy days. I tried to get everything do so I don't need to got anywhere.

Jana, glad the pants passed. That's really nice of you to take on that task for others. I only did it for my mom, dad, or husband. I refer everyone else to a local tailor.

Took my dad to the cemetery and grocery shopping. He has a hard time walking so it's slow going. He also got a little confused about the direction we were going in the grocery store. I got him back on track. He said we got it done way faster than when he is by himself. Came home did a little cleaning and now to find some lunch.

Dinner will probably be bbq chicken and potatoes.

Have a lovely day.

Lori 8-)

Quilter7

Post by Quilter7 » Mon Nov 21, 2022 5:10 pm

Lori - The first year the president is given fat quarters, second year blocks then if the person serves again it is blocks for the third year with them being made into a quilt for the fourth year. I also received an engraved pair of scissors.

Carol

zfatcat

Post by zfatcat » Mon Nov 21, 2022 6:01 pm

Carol, we have a two year term limit. Four years would be quite a commitment.
Lori 8-)

Quilter7

Post by Quilter7 » Mon Nov 21, 2022 7:31 pm

Lori - We also have a two-year term limit, but you can serve a second two-year term. I do not think I will do so but never say never. lol

Carol

Return to “Chit Chat”