Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Supper Club. Sat Nov 19

General discussion of the quilting world, and topics that don't fit in other categories.
purrfect-lady

Supper Club. Sat Nov 19

Post by purrfect-lady » Sat Nov 19, 2022 6:13 am

Good morning. Enjoying an Arizona sunrise – almost as pretty as their sunsets. We will spend the second night here just because it’s so pretty and 70°. Driving into Tucson this morning but will be back this afternoon to relax. We will sit outside and read and I will write some Christmas cards. Tomorrow we start the final push.

Becca, I hope one day Marc will be back on his bike. What an awful accident. Also hope the cousin does well in his recovery. How old is he? I do like the desert, but not for very long. I miss my mountains covered with trees and snow. Saguaro cactus does not grow everywhere but in this little part of Arizona it’s practically a forest.

Carole, Selling a few of your quilts is a good way to make money so you can make more quilts . I should probably do that but they are kind of like my children. Though I have to say, there are times I’ve thought about selling THEM!

Lori, I bet the other Quilt Shop your friend goes to is called Cherry Berry. I didn’t go to that one.

Jana, oh dear! I have done the exact same thing before but just on Bill‘s jeans, not our friends suit! I hope it all turned out OK. Suits are expensive!

I’m not sure what supper will be tonight. We have half of a pork tenderloin left. I’m considering dicing it and frying it with potatoes and onions. Sort of a hash. We need to find a grocery store today. We don’t need much but a few essentials like bread and, I guess, onions.

How is your supper story going to read?

Becca

Re: Supper Club. Sat Nov 19

Post by Becca » Sat Nov 19, 2022 7:32 am

Hello everyone sunny here but still cold May warm next week
Maryz Marks accident was so negligent on the woman’s fault Not looking at road &Mark pays the price It’s a long road he’s traveling I do hope he can get back to himself one day but he knows he won’t be the same He was in excellent health & shape The PT was causing more pain so they stopped & It’s rest & walk for him
CAs cousin is same age as him 83 They were born 5 days apart & were like brothers His fall was on concrete

Carol It would be hard for me to sell a quilt I did I’m like Mary you feel you have too much of yourself in them

Jana Oh my I think we have all done things like that but I have never done a suit before Just dress pants I did do all the suit pants for Levis Wedding just because it was him

Lori It’s great you get to go to so many different shops We don’t have but 2 good ones here & I don’t get to go anymore I do wish we had a Hobby Lobby

I’m still knitting Have design almost done
Going to be a stay inside day here
Have a great day everyone Becca
I for got we do eat lol I have BBQ from freezer Will add roasted potatoes & Onions

gershwin64

Post by gershwin64 » Sat Nov 19, 2022 3:20 pm

I'm sliding in to my seat late but it's still before supper.
Mary, as you travel this way it's not so warm. I hope you find a place to shop.
Becca, I know what that's like to pay the price for someone else's negligence. I hope he gets better.
I can't sell my quilts either, I can give them away to people I care about 🤣😂

We're having pork chops tonight, Jazmyne is here. Dad can't make it, he has a migraine today 💔

Tina

auntjana

Post by auntjana » Sat Nov 19, 2022 5:55 pm

It dark outside and I am really late here!

You know the old adage , that if you fall off a horse, you get right back on - well, my dear sweet friend did just that for me - she needed two pair of church pants for her son hemmed, so I did that today. No hits, no runs, no ERRORS! The suit pants that I messed up, turned out fine and he had to look hard and couldn't find my boo boo, until I showed him the inside. He was so fine with that! So that is all out of my hair!

Daniel has been working on the Frankenjeep. He got the new head on and it just needs it bolts. Yes, I can be a bit punny - that's why I named it Frankenjeep! LOL! He has a few more parts to replace and it will be operational again.

Aaron had to deal with his in-laws for their Thanksgiving Dinner - today. The Brideszilla was at it, trying all she could to take over and run the show - but alas, a turkey only cooks so fast and she has to deal with that, as Aaron cooked the bird. He is the only one in that family that knows how to cook a whole Thanksgiving dinner. He does a wonderful job! All my kids, even the boys can cook a entire feast, including scratch pies and rolls. They learned well.

I am ignoring the Batt Cave mess, as least for the moment. It may win out and I straighten it up. I watched my BYU football game, they won and in a short time, the other game, University of Utah is playing and I will watch that as well. This is the beginning of Michael's I hate football chant. Turkey day games, bowlgames, Monday Night game, my fun!

Thanksgiving will be a small affair for us this year, only 8. I can use my good china for that. I will have Sandee, my other niece, her sister, Becky and Becky's DH, besides us, including Daniel and Kari and my Karlie. Sarah is dealing with her in laws for dinner. Sarah's FIL had a heart attack the other day. His heart function is down in the 35% range. This is a normal occurance for him - he went to the hospital, then came home a few hours later and then went on vacation to St George, leaving his oxygen home, as he decided that he didn't need it! He drives Sarah nuts! So she is doing Thanksgivng at her house with them. Stu might come join us at my house, as that set of Grandparents don't treat him nice, well Ethan either, as they are not blood grandchildren, according to them! Don't say that around me and I will say something that I might regret, but then again, I won't regret it! It's obvious when the other grandchildren are there and my Stu and Ethan are totally ignored by the grandparents. Sorry for the rant!

Dinner - what ever is in the refrigerator. Daniel and family went out for their family date night together.

Hugs, I promise to be in a better mood tomorrow!

Jana

Return to “Chit Chat”