Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Supper Club. Thurs Nov 17

General discussion of the quilting world, and topics that don't fit in other categories.
purrfect-lady

Supper Club. Thurs Nov 17

Post by purrfect-lady » Thu Nov 17, 2022 5:59 am

Good morning

Yesterday was mostly fruitful. We found the RV shop and Bill was able to get two new matching feet for the front legs of our fifth wheel. That was the most important thing. Then we found the Quilt Shop I had visited a year ago, Thimble Towne, and I guess I took a break from good sense. I bought the mini “sew kind of wonderful” ruler “, two wall hanging patterns, and all the fabric to make them. This ruler is the smaller version of the one Valerie is using right now to make her starry night (nativity scene) quilt. I made that quilt last year. I don’t know what’s gotten into me. I guess I just am missing sewing.

Our last stop was to fill the truck with diesel. $6.89 a gallon which is pretty much the going rate here. We have seen a few stations at $7.09 fir diesel and our Gas Buddy app tells us that the Chevron in Needles where we usually fuel up is $7.49 a gallon. We won’t be using that station this trip. Gasoline is about a dollar a gallon cheaper.

Jana, the more Weather reports we hear the gladder we are that we chose the route we chose.

Carol, yes the oranges are ripe and plentiful this year. Last year at this time they were sparse and still green. Last year there were a lot more campers here though And maybe they picked them all before we got here. We figure the price of fuel is keeping people home this year. It would be keeping us home, too, except for Autumn. ❤️

Lori, is Jonathan spending Thanksgiving in Utah? Are you just learning to knit or just don’t do it very often? I learned basic knit and purl when I was a kid but just haven’t been able to pick it up again in adulthood. I prefer crochet and can crochet simple things, like a long string. Lol!

Becca, A knit hat had to go with your quilt will be a crown on your quilt gift. Speaking of crowns, I hope your appointment wasn’t too difficult. Most people have trouble keeping the temporary crowns on, rather than getting them off.

Today will be another long day but good driving. The scenery doesn’t change much crossing the Mojave but the road is good and no big cities.

Dinner will be reheated leftover lasagna and a salad. What are you having?

gershwin64

Re: Supper Club. Thurs Nov 17

Post by gershwin64 » Thu Nov 17, 2022 6:48 am

Good morning everyone!
I had to take care of bills, balancing checkbook and a bunch of sorting paperwork yesterday, it took me most of the day and I still have to do 2 more things this morning.
Mary, that's ridiculous on the diesel and gas prices, diesel here is $4.49 at the 5R truck stop, easy access for your 5er....gas here is $3.49. Hopefully it'll stay there or lower by the time you get this far.
You'll have those wall hangings whipped up in no time! I bet you had a fun shopping outing.

I need to be in my sewing room and start wrapping in another room....I really need a clone at this time of year.

I think we'll have chicken tonight but not sure what else...
Tina

Becca

Post by Becca » Thu Nov 17, 2022 7:06 am

Hello everyone sunny here today but cold We had a low of 21 Next week to be warmer Crazy weather

Maryz Im always an odd ball when it comes to medical I am so thrilled & thankful for how my acupuncture helped me
Yes I thought the hat was a good idea It’s so cold up there even in March They have snow
Wow on gas prices Ours is same as Tina

Tina You need a break & it’s not even Thanksgiving yet Do try to rest Tina I hear you on paper work I really hate doing it but it must be done cA used to do a lot but no more

Denise is going to Dr today She had bronchitis now tonsillitis I used to be the same way until I started shots It took years for them to build me up
She said they hope to be able to come on Saturday of next week I’m not banking on it Because I’m afraid that’s pushing it with her & Mark I know she wants to come really but not before she’s able
I am doing laundry
I have leftovers of the veggie beef soup Will be great for a cold day Becca

zfatcat

Post by zfatcat » Thu Nov 17, 2022 11:16 am

Mary, judging by the price of gasoline, you must be in California. Jonathan will be home this weekend. Just a quick trip up without the dogs. Glad you found a few fun things at the quilt shop. Where is that shop? I do trips with quilting friends and we're always looking for new places to spend our money.

Tina, our regular is $5.39, and that's lower than $6.29 last month. It's ridiculous. With high gasoline , food, and interest rates, the economy is going to fold in on itself.

Becca, glad the acupuncture helped. Sounds like you're in for a cold spell.

It's been a busy morning. I need to go pick up food I ordered for our group today. We're not sewing, just having lunch and planning for next year.

I think I want to go out for dinner. We'll see.

Have a lovey day.

Lori 8-)

Quilter7

Post by Quilter7 » Thu Nov 17, 2022 6:43 pm

Good Evening,

Today was a Disney California Adventure for me so dinner was Chicken Pot Pies.

Maryz - Gas at the corner station is $5.49, but at Costco it was $4.69/gal. Glad you got all the parts and were able to drive through the Mojave Desert today. I have the Sew Kind of Wonderful Ruler, but have only made the Pineapple Quilt.

I just read that LA County is recommending masks for indoors. I did put mine on today when I was on an indoor ride. I met a lady from Floriday who said they had Covid in June and still do not have their sense of taste back. DH and I never lost ours. I think the difference was Paxlovid. Even having it with a rebound is better than losing sense of taste. She said they had been to five doctors and no one can help.

Becca - So, so glad you have found the acupuncture helpful. You need all the help you can get.

Lori - Hope you had a successful meeting today.

I will be sewing this evening.

Carol

Return to “Chit Chat”