Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

SUPPER CLUB - Sunday, Sept 25

General discussion of the quilting world, and topics that don't fit in other categories.
purrfect-lady

SUPPER CLUB - Sunday, Sept 25

Post by purrfect-lady » Sun Sep 25, 2022 5:55 am

Good morning,

We're out on our deck this morning. 55* but I'm bundled into my thick plush robe and am fairly comfy. Yesterday I played with Nutcracker scraps. Bill worked on quilting the motorcycle quilt. This morning - more scrap play, more quilting. I'm going to take the motorcycle scraps and make binding from them. Our Seahawks play at 1:30 so I only have this morning in the sewing room. Then I'm going to park my hiney on the deck couch and watch football, pretending to work on my cross-stitch project - a Christmas stocking for Bill. I'm about 80% finished but I've been working on it for 10 months. Not sure it's going to be done before Christmas. But I'm trying. I work on it almost every evening and every football game.

LORI - I'm so sorry about your friend. But it sounds as if she made the very most of her gift of life. God bless her. I know you'll miss her. I Googled Holly Berry quilt but what I found didn't match your description. Who is the designer?

JANA - how great of your family to all pitch in to help Sandee! Typical of you all! 💖😇 And what fun your littles must have had - a Play Doh party!

BECCA - your days always fill up, don't they. My mom was a good farm cook. And, in the early years of their marriage she was the cook in a logging camp on the Olympic Peninsula. One day while Daddy was at work a forest fire started. Mom had my two oldest brothers, a baby and a toddler, and she tried to escape with them but the old Model A died, so she took them and waded into an icy river to wait until the flames passed them. Mom was a strong, special lady.

As for our supper, we still have quite a bit of pork left so we're going to have pork fried noodles. I'm going to make it up as I go along. We have a lot of meals like that. :lol: And a salad on the side.

What's your best recipe for leftover pork roast?

gershwin64

Re: SUPPER CLUB - Sunday, Sept 25

Post by gershwin64 » Sun Sep 25, 2022 8:38 am

Good morning! My days got away from me and I didn't make it here.
Lori, I'm so sorry about your friend.
Becca, sounds like you had a good visit.
Jana, what a fun day at your house ❤
Mary, I love open face pork roast sandwiches out of leftovers! What are you making out of the scraps? Your temps sound perfect to me. I'll have to see what games we get today. I know almost nothing about football rules but I like to watch Frankie watch the game.... it's a live comedy 🤫🤣😂
Kevin, Maria, Matthew and Elijah came over yesterday. They came here for a friend's daughter's birthday party but after came here. Kevin helped Frankie put that second set of barn doors up but Jazmyne had helped take them over earlier so they were already there, those doors are 6x10 for each side. Jazmyne stayed the whole weekend with us ❤
I baked 3 different kinds of cookies, made tamales, beans and rice. Dad came over for supper too. Holly and the boys didn't make it.
Oh, Jana, the wiring that's wrong is from the solar panels to the box on our pole. The house wiring is fine. The AC problem was a leak inside on a connector that was like that from the factory they said. But you and Michael are right, that's what keeps burning the microinvertors up, they used too small of wire to carry the load. We're still waiting for an answer on what they're going to do to fix it.
I'm not cooking today, it's all about leftovers 😊
Tina

Becca

Post by Becca » Sun Sep 25, 2022 12:39 pm

Hello everyone windy & overcast Injust looked at weather forecast We are to be 33 tomorrow night & 30s for 3 or 4 nights
So get warmer clothes on
I have a long sleeved shirt over my short sleeve
Guess it’s from the storm coming in
Maryz I too had a strong Mom I think that helps us to keep going & be strong too
You sure keep the fires going I never heard of fried pork noodles

Tina Do hope they get your problem
resolved Sure you enjoyed your babies
They bring us joy
I made spaghetti I watched Keith’s Church service I made salad too We sure have leftovers
Enjoy your games. Becca

Quilter7

Post by Quilter7 » Sun Sep 25, 2022 3:10 pm

Good Afternoon,

Yesterday I made Chicken Teriyaki and Rice. I think today may be leftovers.

I tested positive again today. It has been ten days since I first tested positive. I want this to be over!

Maryz - I never know what to do with leftover Pork except make sandwiches. That reminds me I need to make bread. Guess that will be tomorrow since it is already 3:00 PM.

Tina - I have been wanting to make cookies. What kind did you make?

Jana - So glad Sandee has your family to help her.

Becca - Visiting with old friends is the best.

I have been making flying geese blocks. The smallest is 3/4" x 2" and the largest is 2" x 4". I am making a miniature of Modern Migration Quilt. I have four sizes. I need to figure out how to sew them together now. The quilt will be 24 inches square.

Carol

auntjana

Post by auntjana » Sun Sep 25, 2022 5:17 pm

Good late afternoon or early evening!

Dinner is fend for yourself. No one will be hungry! Then I can do new food starting tomorrow.

Not much happening around here. Kate is here to shop my pantry. I keep it well stocked for when the kids need to shop here.

My Karlie is in trouble up to her eyeballs today. Somehow she found another pair of scissors and cut up another stuffed toy. Tried to hide the evidence the best a six year old could. Didn't succeed. She's pretty sneaky and then got into gum and it's all over as well. This has not been a good day. We are still looking for a missing library book from school. We have searched every nook and cranny with no luck. Daniel and Kari are not pleased. I thought all scissors were hidden and out of reach. Must has missed a pair! At least it's not here hair!

49ers and Broncos are about to start. I'm ready too, decked out in my 49ers Kittle jersey - he plays tonight, back from a injury. I have chips and nacho cheese to munch on too.

Go 9ers!
Hugs,
Jana

Forgot - Mary - you can cut up the leftover pork, season with taco seasoning, add a small amount of brown sugar and some Coke, you have sweet pork for my Cafe Rio salads. Serve over lettuce, beans, tomatoes, salsa and tortilla strips. Ranch dressing is good. Also so are avacodos, olives, green onions on top too.

gershwin64

Post by gershwin64 » Sun Sep 25, 2022 6:26 pm

Carol, I made the Jiff peanut butter ones and then I made the 10 cup cookies but half I left the coconut out of half the batch because there kids don't like coconut and then I didn't have raisins or craisins to put in either.
Tina

Quilter7

Post by Quilter7 » Sun Sep 25, 2022 7:04 pm

Tina - What are ten cup cookies.

Return to “Chit Chat”