Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

SUPPER CLUB - Saturday, Sept 24th

General discussion of the quilting world, and topics that don't fit in other categories.
purrfect-lady

SUPPER CLUB - Saturday, Sept 24th

Post by purrfect-lady » Sat Sep 24, 2022 6:24 am

Good morning,

Our mornings are chilly here. Low 50's. No morning coffee on the deck this past week. The weather is changing and when we get back from camping in a few weeks we'll probably be taking in the deck cushions and calling it a summer. Sigh.

Yesterday was packed full, but at a slow pace - grocery shopping, cooking, and a spot of sewing. I got the last borders on my last Nutcracker and now it's time for "scrap play". I'll see what I can come up with. It's such a specific fabric line that I'd like to use it all up in projects for Aut if possible. So today will be taking Scottie to the bark park and then goofing off in the sewing room.

CAROL - I've seen some quilting patterns of ballet slippers. They are about $15 to download so we might do that on the Nutcracker quilts. It's a pretty specific pattern but since we're going two quilts it would be worth it. I'm intrigued by your apricot tree.

BECCA - so nice to have a good visit with old friends. And extra prayers never hurt! Yes, my mom had a lot of health problems. Yes for the most part, she never complained. She died in 1989 but I still miss her a lot.

Last night's supper came out great! Who knew that if you follow the directions in the cookbook a pork roast could turn out so well! :D So we're having leftovers tonite - with mashed potatoes and gravy, brussels sprouts, homemade applesauce, rolls, and if we still have an empty corner, rainbow sorbet with Pepperidge Farm cookies.

What are you making tonite?

Quilter7

Re: SUPPER CLUB - Saturday, Sept 24th

Post by Quilter7 » Sat Sep 24, 2022 7:24 am

Good Morning,

Mary - The Apricot tree has me intrigued as well. DH and I thought Washington was by far more beautiful than Oregon. As we looked at a mile long line at 1:00 PM on Sunday to get into Mount Rainier National Park knowing there were very few parking spots we did think they need to go to a reservation system. We arrived back at our hotel at 1:00 PM. We were only one-and-a-half miles from the park.

Glad your pork roast dinner turned out well!

Yesterday a friend called me, and I could not connect with her, so we agreed to talk today. She moved from nearby to Chico, CA and in 2020 moved to Texas. Since I am staying home and not doing much, I am really looking forward to her phone call. I have a Zoom this afternoon as well so will not be alone. DH will probably go flying. I sewed flying geese units yesterday and need to press and trim. They are part of the Challenge quilt I am planning. I made a lot of flying geese and will probably have too many.

Keep your bobbins full!
Carol

zfatcat

Post by zfatcat » Sat Sep 24, 2022 10:49 am

Carol, that is so strange that your Apricot tree is blooming.

Mary, I'm am ready for cooler weather. We had a nice few days, now it's back in the 90's during the day and high 60's-70's at night. Looks like just another week and we should be back to normal.

I found out this morning that my friend died last night. I knew it would be quick and I'm grateful she wasn't in pain. Over the years I made her many things. She loved homemade gifts. She was not a crafter.
She loved to travel and she did a lot over her lifetime. She was retired military and law enforcement. I will miss her.

I'm going to work on my Holly Berry quilt today. I have all the little stars done, so I just need to make the trees.

Dinner will be chicken, mashed potatoes and a veggie.

Have a lovely day.
Lori 8-)

Quilter7

Post by Quilter7 » Sat Sep 24, 2022 12:23 pm

Lori - My deepest condolences on the loss of your friend.

Carol

auntjana

Post by auntjana » Sat Sep 24, 2022 1:44 pm

Good afternoon!

Lori - so sorry to hear of your friend's passing. It's a blessing for her not to suffer long with this. Still hard though.

8 have all my grands playing here in the garage. Sandee had a bunch of containers of play-doh, so I have two tables set up for them to play on. Even a small Paw Patrol tent. They are set! Enter is the 6ard work happening next door, with a sold steer putting that yard to. Next Friday, the fun starts here. Sandee's garage is pretty much cleared of junk. Matt is making the dump run and Sarah the donation run. The big boys mowed and did the yard work earlier. Scott has a son by another marriage, who is here gathering up the rest of his junk. That junk is dead car parts, which was driving Sandee and Scott nuts being left in the backyard. That will all be gone today too. Sandee is adding a fence to keep the little puppies contained in that area. Busy busy busy!

Now dinner- who knows! Something simple- my book, cereal could pass!

So my best laid plans to sew has gone up 8n smoke, as I am watching 9 of 10 grands over here.
Hugs, from Jana's zoo
Jana

Becca

Post by Becca » Sat Sep 24, 2022 1:49 pm

Hello everyone sunny here today but coolerI thought I wrote earlier
Maryz You are always pronto with your quilts and all other projects My Mom died in 2001 I don’t think we ever quit missing them I think of her especially with flowers & cooking She was a fantastic cook & baker used to sell her goodies

Lori So sorry about your friend Good she didn’t have to suffer long

Carol I love connecting with old friends One called me this week We hadn’t talked in 2 yrs

I did by yard work then read We had leftovers today Will be all fresh tomorrow
Becca

Return to “Chit Chat”