Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

SUPPER CLUB - Friday, Sept 23rd

General discussion of the quilting world, and topics that don't fit in other categories.
purrfect-lady

SUPPER CLUB - Friday, Sept 23rd

Post by purrfect-lady » Fri Sep 23, 2022 6:02 am

Good morning,

Today is my half-birthday. Where has this last half-year gone?! :lol:

Yesterday I finished up, almost, my two Nutcracker quilts. I have the final border to add to the second one this morning and they will be fini. I posted a photo. I have some mess to clean up and then I'll do something with all the leftover fabrics. After that, it will be time to pack up for camping at the ocean beach at the mouth of the Columbia. Big Lewis and Clark territory, though where they spent most of that awful winter here was on the Oregon side of the river. But they got around. :D

BECCA - Enjoy your company today. Always so good to catch up with old friends. My mom sat up many nights reading. She was a huge reader. Between her fibromyalgia, severe arthritis, TGN, and restless leg syndrome, she had a hard time even sitting so she would stand, lean over the back of a recliner, and read for hours at a time through the night. I try to keep a boring book handy for sleepless nights - definitely not the time for a story that you can't put down!

TINA - you are wrong. :lol: I DID consider taking my Bernie to the spa while my sibs were here - however he wasn't ready yet. I'd just got him back about 6 weeks earlier. But now - with a lot more sewing under his timing belt, and a long winter of trailer sewing ahead of him, he needs to go get himself ready for winter. I hope you can get that wire that Jana discussed straightened out and replaced if necessary. Because what she (and Michael) described so well is similar to what happened to us once. We bought a new truck camper back in 2000. When slides in campers was a new thing. But the slide quit while we were in Susanville, CA. Fortunately, it quit while the slide was in. We couldn't get inside so we drove home - 15 hours - and turned out the problem was they had used smaller wire in the slide mechanism than was called for and it burned up the slide motor. They were trying to save a buck.

LORI - right now our TV is outside on the deck, and I don't really want to go out there in the middle of the night. lol! I remember you making a braid quilt not so long ago. It will be pretty in fall fabrics!

JANA - Yay! No more sticky floor! For a while. And if I remember my little kids correctly, and I think I do, it will be a short while. :lol: Did Kari have anything to say about how her interview went? If it's an hour's drive to the interview I hope she doesn't have to go there a lot to work, but can work from home, if she gets this job. Is it the only one she is considering?

I was texting with IRISH yesterday. She is still suffering the effects of lyme disease. It sounds like it's really devastated her. Some days she is good and others she can barely get around. Her sister and her family are close by as well as some friends and her neighbors. All are being very helpful. She says she doesn't even turn her computer on most days. But she misses Supper Club, says hi to everyone, and vows to return one of these days.

Tonite we are having friends over for supper. We haven't seen them for about a month. He's a big red meat eater - we are not. So we're compromising and having pork roast, mashed potatoes, roasted brussels sprouts, rolls, and a dessert to be named. So I'll be headed off to the store today for a few items. Like potatoes. and dessert makings.

What's the story at your house? Got something in mind yet?

Becca

Re: SUPPER CLUB - Friday, Sept 23rd

Post by Becca » Fri Sep 23, 2022 2:54 pm

Hello everyone sunny here today & Fall weather
I had a great time with our company They went in to speak to CA & then told him bye when they left & had pray with him which he appreciated
They are such wonderful people She was our DGSs secretary when he was their Pastor & they were like his grandparents to him & his children

Maryz I can’t believe your poor Mother stood up & read She had many trying issues Thus TGN is relentless
I know Autumns quilts will be beautiful
I hope to maybe get on the baby one before long

Glad to hear about Irish Hope she can gain strength

We had potato salad & banned salad Don’t normally do that but it worked out that way They were both tasty Becca
Last edited by Becca on Fri Sep 23, 2022 3:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Quilter7

Re: SUPPER CLUB - Friday, Sept 23rd

Post by Quilter7 » Fri Sep 23, 2022 3:16 pm

Good Afternoon,

Maryz - Happy half Birthday! Your Nutcracker Quilts are wonderful! How are you going to quilt them?

The Apricot tree usually blooms in March. I am not sure what is going to happen with it blooming now. It is definitely a weird phenomenon.

Sorry to hear Irish is still suffering the effects of Lyme disease. Glad you were able to contact her.

Dinner tonight will be Pizza and Salad.

Just got up from a nap. I think I could sleep more, but made myself get up.

Carol

Return to “Chit Chat”