Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

SUPPER CLUB - Tuesday, Sept 20th

General discussion of the quilting world, and topics that don't fit in other categories.
purrfect-lady

SUPPER CLUB - Tuesday, Sept 20th

Post by purrfect-lady » Tue Sep 20, 2022 6:04 am

Good morning,

Yesterday was a great day - our dishwasher came! They even installed it and hauled away the old one, which made Billious happy. And it works great! So simple to operate, the controls are recessed so I won't be turning it on/off with my tummy when I'm working at the counter, and it's very quiet. We ran it once to clean out the mfg cooties. Now if it will just clean the dishes, we'll be in clover! So we're hurrying to dirty enough dishes so we can take it for a spin.

I also got 17 log cabin blocks finished. And cut 'logs' for another 15 which gives me 16 blocks for each quilt. That just about uses up all the fabric I have. With borders, this will bring my quilts up to about 60" square. If Aut wants them bigger we're going to need more fabric. So today I'll be building more log cabins.

I'm also going to a friend's house for coffee about 10am. I had a dexascan appt for this afternoon but they cancelled it because of staffing shortage so now that has been moved to Oct 19.

TINA - Giving baths to cats can be a dangerous endeavor! You really don't want to make cats angry! :twisted: As I'm typing this I have my computer on my right thigh, tipped to the side to accomodate an 18# cat on my left thigh with his head resting on my left hand, bouncing gently as I type. Gotta keep him happy! I wonder where those trucks were going - bet they were lost. Sorry you had a rough night. After enough tossing and turning I get up, make tea, and read. Usually until morning. But I kind of drag through the next day. Your AC is broken again?? Is this AC tied into your solar stuff you had installed?

BECCA - I know the bed will help you. I assume it has rails so no falling out. I'm glad you're getting some extra booster shots for your knee, but sure wish it wasn't so far. But at least NC has a lot of pretty countryside to enjoy during your ride. Your potassium is low? Bill's is high. High enough it concerns our doctor. In two weeks, he brought it down from 5.7 to 5.5, but it needs to be lower still. And as Potassium comes down it can increase your BP, which is also a problem for him. Sigh.

JANA - if someone had to beat our Hawks, I'm glad it was your team!

CAROL - you are driving today, I think. Praying St. Christopher is traveling with you!

Our pizza last night was good and we have half of it left for tonite. 🍕 :D So no cooking today. :D :D

I hope your supper is just as tasty.

gershwin64

Re: SUPPER CLUB - Tuesday, Sept 20th

Post by gershwin64 » Tue Sep 20, 2022 6:18 am

Good morning!
Mary. I'm so glad your dishwasher arrived and you love it! I hope it gives you many many years of trouble free clean dishes!
Those quilt sizes sound perfect to me, you sure are moving right along with them.
Our AC was installed by the same company as our solar yes. We're thinking we're going to have to talk to an attorney or our Attorney General, Kevin already told them he making a list of things for the AG, he's having troubles with them too. We went with a "local" company that's been in business since 1979 thinking it would be better than these huge companies that get sued all the time..... Guess not. They are getting a lot of bad complaints now on the Better Business Bureau.
The trucks hauled at least half the day yesterday so somewhere on our road grew corn. They grow it for silage for the dairy farm about 6 miles from us. Guess we just couldn't see the fields this year.
Tonight is Dad's night and I'm making something with chicken.
Tina

Becca

Post by Becca » Tue Sep 20, 2022 10:45 am

Hello everyone Back home after a busy morning but productive
We also stopped at grocery store & card shop I was home by 12:15 & it’s a long drive one way
Maryz So glad you can now have clean dishes
Yes my potassium was critically low & critically dehydrated when I was in hospital in 2020 plus hi BP
Sure those quilts will be big enough
Yes the scenery is beautiful & the bed has rails too

Tina Stay on those people We had a heat pump
Like that that was never satisfactory plus we had an AC in one house that leaked the first year It too wasn’t ever satisfactory
Glad you solved the mystery of trucks

I will have a snack for our supper Becca

auntjana

Post by auntjana » Tue Sep 20, 2022 12:30 pm

Hi all y'all!

Been fussing around in my closet, straightening up and putting things in order, that is, on my sides. I don't touch Michael's side! I do make suggestions on things on that side that need attention, like getting to the trash can. Sometimes he listens. I still have a number of dresses that are too big, but until I replace them, they'll stay. A couple are candidates for a experimental alteration to take them in. In my brain, it will work, actuality we'll see. Nothing that can't be undone with a seam ripper.

Dinner- sitting on the back burner, leaning toward fried rice and potstickers. Maybe a spring roll too. Karlie likes those. Daniel has Krons disease and it's acting up, so rice is a good thing for him.

Heading down to sew - I have a bunch of brand new jeans that need me to take in the waist, so they don't fall off. If I go down a size, the leg is tighter than I like. I even ordered a pair to see if it fit first, that pair did, but the same size in the denim are too big. I am really good with it being too big! Better than too small!

Mary - those quilts are coming together nicely. My little bit of yard art is still out, but heading to the barn shortly. Flamingos don't appreciate snow!

Tina- oh my! I hope you get things resolved quickly. Letters on attorney letterhead does wonders we've learned!

Becca - so happy to hear about the new bed. It will be a great help to you and CA.

Well, my kids got over their who's in charge tiff. We knew it was coming as my kids are very opinionated and it happened Sunday night. Michael and I stayed out of it,, knowing that they would work it out. They did and by Monday night,, they were working together, laying out the lines and stakes where the concrete is going. Daniel will be demo-ing the drive and walks 8n about 2 weeks. He'll use the skid steer tractor, Matt will make the run to dump the broken concrete and Sarah is designing the planting beds, so Daniel knows where dirt needs to be re-arranged. Aaron just does what he told. Around here, I have more kids being the chiefs, than the indians! The older grands will start tilling the dead grass under in the rest of the yard. Daniel and Sarah disagree totally on this, but Daniel won out, with his rice farming experience. He'll turn the dirt several times between now and spring, fertilizing before the grass is re-laid. Sarah may add some trees now, but that may wait for spring too. Daniel wants the yard done, he'd rather build railroad, but knows this is first.

Kari has a new job possibility. The current company is overworking her. She is handling 8 states for all the insurance underwriting. Meaning she does research to see if the person wanting insurance is a good risk. The new job is a small company and only writes policies for Utah. And there are already three other underwriters and they need a fourth. Better pay too. So Kari has a in person interview on Thursday. The new company really wants her with her experience, but they were wanting a person in the office, but the company is willing to do a hybrid work option which will be great. Hopes this works out for her.

So now you're caught up from around here.

Hugs,
Jana

Quilter7

Post by Quilter7 » Tue Sep 20, 2022 2:54 pm

Maryz - Yes, yesterday and today are travel. Tomorrow we drive home. We were in Medford, OR last night and are in Livermore, Ca today. Mount Shasta was covered in snow this morning. It was absolutely beautiful. We couldn’t stop and get a picture, but both of us enjoyed it.

So happy you had deliverey of the dishwasher.

Jana - Hope the alteration of the dresses works for you. Good luck to Kari.

Tina - Sorry to here there are still issues with the AC.

Becca - Glad you were able to get the booster for your knees.

We are looking forward to being home. We will need to isolate, but it will be easier than being on the road. We both feel good and agree we have felt worse with a cold. We just finished th Paxlovid this morning.

Dinner is takeout but not sure where.

Carol

auntjana

Post by auntjana » Tue Sep 20, 2022 5:03 pm

You probably won't see this Carol, but just up the road in San Ramon is a great Mexican take out place - Los Panchos - they have the BEST mole sauce on everything and their bean dip and chips is really good too. My favorite is the Chile Redlands. Their serving is is on the big side. I could only eat about half of my Chile rellano dinner.

We lived not too far from there, in Concord, up against that side of Mt. Diablo

Return to “Chit Chat”