Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

SUPPER CLUB - Monday, Sept 19th

General discussion of the quilting world, and topics that don't fit in other categories.
purrfect-lady

SUPPER CLUB - Monday, Sept 19th

Post by purrfect-lady » Mon Sep 19, 2022 6:45 am

Good morning,

Not a lot going on here. I worked on my Nutcracker blocks yesterday and will again today. In the afternoon we watched while our Hawks got whacked on the field by Jana's 'Niners. No happiness in Seattle last night. Our new dishwasher is SUPPOSED to be delivered some time this morning between 7 and 11. Excuse my skeptical attitude. This is only the 6th delivery date we've been given since June.

CAROL - so good to hear from you, but a bummer that you've been sick. Did you read that Judi and Ken got Covid on their trip, too? They are also headed home today. Glad you had a light case. Ashford is practically in my back yard! (about 80 miles from my back yard, actually) My brothers lived in Mineral and Elbe. There used to be a cafe in Ashford and its claim to fame was wild mountain blackberry pie. I'm not sure if it's still there. If you were sick I'm guessing you didn't get to explore stuff like that. Are you returning home via "5" or going down the coast?

BECCA - too late. I had a few extra paperbacks and they are on their way to you. Mary Daheim's Alpine series is my favorite. She just passed away in March. I was fortunate to meet her and she was a kick. Her Bed & Breakfast series is actually based on her and her real life cousin. In a spoofy way. In her books, the Moonbeam coffee shop is Starbucks and Gutbusters is Costco. Debbie Macomber is also a local. She lives about 20 miles from me. I've only read a few of her books as I'm more of a mystery fan. The Cedar Cove TV series was based on the town of Port Orchard where she lives. I'm sure the hospital bed will be a great help to you, caring for CA. Besides easier for you, falling out of bed is a real and serious risk. You will both rest better.

JANA - congrats on your game. Could you subscribe to more stations/networks and get your games? We were able to get the Denver game as well as Seattle's. Problem was they played at the same time. So we watched Seahawks but kept checking on the Broncos. Thanks for your pico recipe. I wrote it down. Maybe I'll even make it one day! :D

TINA - I used to have a friend who bathed her cats every week! Now that's nuts! Who would bathe a cat - on purpose?? I've tried it a few times but only in "emergency situations". Hardly anyone had any fun! :evil: Bill liked our green chile burgers. I used purchased diced chilies so they were already cooked. I think I would add more. I also might try mixing bacon bits and shredded cheese right into the burger. I'm going to do some experimenting next time. But definitely great burgers! Better than same 'ole, same 'ole for sure.

Tonite we're having homemade pizza. I have half jar of pizza sauce to use up and some pepperoni. Bill is supposed to be on a low potassium diet so I have to be careful about amounts. But this diet is new and we're trying to eat up old food. Amazing how much potassium (K+) is in foods. Everything he likes!

What are you all having?

gershwin64

Re: SUPPER CLUB - Monday, Sept 19th

Post by gershwin64 » Mon Sep 19, 2022 7:23 am

Good morning!
Mary, we watched the Broncos last night LOL they won but Frankie said they played horribly. I thought both teams either played bad or were well matched and played good because they both struggled to score. We didn't have access to your game with Jana's team, we only have antenna.
I sure hope your dishwasher arrives today and is worth the wait!
I used to have to bathe my cat years ago, she was my first house cat. She was a beautiful long hair calico ❤❤❤ she got so tubby that she had a hard time giving herself a bath, or maybe she just got lazy. Anyway I'd give her a bath. She never tried to bite or scratch us but we wore Frankie's welding gloves just to be safe LOL poor kitty would make this noise that sounded just like "mom mom mom no no no, mom mom mom no no no" she'd say it over and over again which just made us laugh and made it another obstacle to get through the bath time. She did it so loud we were sure the sheriff would be called for child abuse because she sounded like a kid screaming it. Guess it's a good thing I don't have any close neighbors 😂🤣
Glad you liked your burgers. Our chilies are cooked too from roasting but cooking a tiny bit more with the bacon makes them yummiest.
Carol, so sorry you ended up with covid and it put a kink in your trip. Maybe you should go again next month, your immunity should be high so you hopefully won't get sick again.
Becca, so glad you're getting that bed for CA, falls out of bed are bad bad.
Jana, (Mary don't read this) yay your team won too! High 5! 🤫🤫🤭🤭😉😉🤣😂
Well the Christmas swap blocks are being picked up by the mail person today so that's a check off my list.
I had a really rough night last night, couldn't even go to sleep till after 2:30 some time and then kept waking up ugh.
Our AC is broken again so we're calling this morning.
I'm not sure about supper yet.
Tina

The corn picker machines and semis are going past our house, we haven't seen any corn growing anywhere..... strange..... maybe they're lost 🤷‍♀️

Becca

Re: SUPPER CLUB - Monday, Sept 19th

Post by Becca » Mon Sep 19, 2022 10:52 am

Hello everyone sunny here today & nice Fall weather
Maryz Thanks for the books & thinking of me Sorry you team lost Sure hope that dishwasher appears for you

Tina In this day & time I wouldn’t be surprised about the trucks & pickers Maybe they were lost

I’m hoping the bed is a plus I just received an alert system to put on his bed Last night he did ring his bell for me
I too was awake for 4 hrs Will be dragging probably tomorrow since it’s go over the Mtn for treatment I hate the ride
I will then have 1 left Yippee These are booster shots which I wasn’t even aware you got
I did laundry and got lined up for Tina to come get me Also talked to my Brother It’s his birthday 85 today He is my only living sibling
I made pork chops grilled baked sweet potatoes chocolate pudding
Becca
Maryz I have to watch my potassium too since it was so low 2 yrs ago

Return to “Chit Chat”