Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

SUPPER CLUB - Saturday, Sept 17

General discussion of the quilting world, and topics that don't fit in other categories.
purrfect-lady

SUPPER CLUB - Saturday, Sept 17

Post by purrfect-lady » Sat Sep 17, 2022 6:47 am

Good morning,

Each morning is just another degree cooler. We're down to 48* this morning. It's coming, folks!

Yesterday I did laundry, swept, cleaned the bathroom, sewed, went to the grocery store, and made soup. Bill vacuumed and loaded my motorcycle quilt. We enjoyed our friends last night and they were happy to find soup for supper. Today I need to fold one last load of clothes, clean the second bathroom, and then hit the sewing room again. A little more sewing on my SS gift and then on to the Nutcrackers. I've got one block done and half the strips cut. I also have all my yard art gathered up from the yard and sitting outside the shop. Someone has his pick-up in the way on a battery tender so that has to be moved so I can get to the storage shelves for the 'art'. Hopefully that will happen this morning.

Vicki's son, Jeremy, comes from Seattle every Saturday morning to bring her groceries. He's going to find a big tree down across her driveway. He has no way to remove it so we expect he'll be knocking on our door for help with that. We'll see. The family has been pretty rude to us in the past when we've had "Vicki issues" so they may figure out something else. Jeremy does not have a saw, but his BIL might. But if they ask for help, Bill said he will do it.

BECCA - you've got some rough times at your house. I will say extra prayers for you and CA. We sure don't want him to have to go to the hospital. If you would like any help with that baby quilt please call on me! I would be honored to put it together for you and quilt it. I even have some appropriate flannel backings you could use. You have more important things to concentrate on right now.

LORI - you are sure getting a lot out of that one steak! The people in my family that claim to know say rib eyes are the tastiest cut. And I like berry pie, too. However, I remembered that the berry pie I had in the freezer was a dutch apple. And that we'd already eaten it when my sister was here. :lol: So I picked up a lemon cream pie at the store. It was too creamy and not enough lemony but that didn't slow me down at dessert time!

TINA - You didn't steer me wrong with your Philly cheesesteak sandwiches (which my family raved about!) so I'm sure the green chile burgers will be equally delish! I'm going to try them next time we have new food. Perhaps tomorrow. . . I even have an avocado. Scottie probably needs a good bath, too, but when we asked him he said no, thanks. lol! It takes him a day and a half to dry completely, his coat is so thick and long. The Christmas blocks will be fun to put together, though I'm thinking I may have to take them with me to Texas for assembly. My sewing room is kind of 'booked' right now.

So, leftover soup and salad for supper tonite. Bill loves soups and leftovers. He is so easy to cook for (or not!).

What sounds good to you tonite? Maybe some green chile burgers?

Becca

Re: SUPPER CLUB - Saturday, Sept 17

Post by Becca » Sat Sep 17, 2022 8:33 am

Hello everyone sunny here today & great Fall & football weather My Brothers all played football & our oldest Son did I love a good game & basketball too

Maryz You have a big Heart for helping others I appreciate you offer but I Hope when I get to quilting part I can hand do it Will have to see where my life takes me Right now it’s just take care of CA

I have never been much of a meat eater so cannot comment on best cut of meat When we ate out I never ordered steak
The volunteer from Hospice just dropped me off some books I checked them There’s only 2 I haven’t read I will have to make a list of something I like
I am making rice cooked in chicken broth grilled chicken breast & sautéed zucchini
Becca
Have a wonderful day everyone Becca

gershwin64

Post by gershwin64 » Sat Sep 17, 2022 12:18 pm

Hello everyone!
I think we were 58° this morning, we're 81° now.
Mary, it must be quite a job putting away and getting out your yard art every year, mine stays out all the time but probably because we're so dry and I don't have a storage place for anything. Some plants I used to have came in for winter but I don't have them anymore.
I hope Vicki's son gets that tree all cleared away, it's just another obstacle that all first responders can't get around.
I really got a chuckle out of Scottie saying no thank you to a bath 🤣😂 mine probably would too but I don't ask. But I dry mine with a hairdryer on no heat and brush while I'm drying them, they fall asleep LOL
Becca, does your library have a delivery thingy? It comes in handy if they do. I sure hope CA has no more falls and stays out of the hospital.
Lori, I like steak no matter what kind pretty much LOL but I do only eat a small portion or I bring it home too. It goes great chopped up in salads!
Jana, thanks for your help yesterday, I appreciate it 😊
Well we didn't eat the fajitas yesterday because Holly brought food over and we all ate here. She had a binder to put together for her students. It's what they will do everyday for the year.... for 1 hour...... it's between 4 and 5 inches thick! She needed to borrow my 3 ring hole punch. Plus I got to help her a little and I figured out a little scarecrow I want to make while sitting at the table with her. Dad was here and Jazmyne, Easton and Preston. Preston used his Papa for a recliner for most of the time after supper 🤣😂 Frankie asked me if he had fallen asleep, nope he was just chillin and relaxin ❤
So tonight's supper will be fajitas and guacamole and Dad's going to be here again because my brother and sister in law are gone camping. They're gone somewhere pretty much every weekend.
Tina

auntjana

Post by auntjana » Sat Sep 17, 2022 12:21 pm

Good afternoon!

Our nephew has come and gone and will do all the hard scaping work. New wider driveway, new sidewalks and repair the front step into the house. He is donating his labor, we just pay his crew and the concrete charge. He says because we are family. I will pay him as well. Daniel will do the demolition and Wade, our nephew will do the rest. So that will get done before the hard freeze. Daniel will be generaling the work. Better learn to duck and say, yes sir! LOL! Daniel won't put up with much, so we are giving him free reign over most and as Daniel says, Sarah gets to do the fru-fru stuff. Sarah doesn't quite understand all the order of work and Daniel does - he has done this for more than 20 years. We will get the landscaper on board for the spring time planting, etc. So this project will take longer than I wanted, but it will be done right.

Then, my sewing machine is acting up. The computer and touch screen are going crazy, but not all the time. A technicians nightmare, as the problem shows up intermittently. So Michael says use it 7ntil it totally goes out, then we'll take her in. I am sure it will be costly. And Michael has been duly informed that if it can't be repaired, I will get a new embroidery machine, despite cost! So far no argument. I did finish all the blocks and trimmed them to correct sizes. Heading down to assemble the top together. So no putting the pedal to the medal, just a block a day and get my Advent quilt done. There's time. Albeit not a lot.

Mary - you and Bill are jewels, just the type of neighbors the world needs! It won't be long and you'll be caught up and heading off to Texas.

Becca - many prayers for you and CA. Listen to those EMT's, they're usually right. I know, I live with 3!

Dinner - found a new Alfredo sauce at Costco, so that my be dinner. I am also making a huge batch of Pico de Gallo for family dinner tomorrow. Everyone loves my Pico.

Heading down stairs,

Hugs,
Jana

Return to “Chit Chat”