Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

SUPPER CLUB - Friday, Sept 16th

General discussion of the quilting world, and topics that don't fit in other categories.
purrfect-lady

SUPPER CLUB - Friday, Sept 16th

Post by purrfect-lady » Fri Sep 16, 2022 5:15 am

Good morning,

It's chilly this morning - only 53*. No morning deck sitting here! Official Fall is only a few days away.

Yesterday was almost a full day spent in the sewing room. I like days like that! I made great progress on my SS gift. I hope she likes it . . . . And I cut more strips for the Nutcrackers - or as Chriss calls them, the Numchuckers. :D But today, for sure, I have to squeeze in some uglies. Bathrooms, floors, laundry, etc. Some casual friends called us and said they are coming by tonite for dinner. They said they'd stop at Costco for a rotisserie chicken and potato salad - unless we had a better idea. Bill dislikes rotisserie chicken and I'm no fan of Costco's potato salad, so we said we'd make mac & cheese instead. Though as I write this, I remember I have quite a bit of cooked chicken in the fridge. Maybe I should make homemade chicken noodle soup instead and make it a soup' n' salad night with biscuits. Hmmm..... Will have to think about that.

LORI - I feel so badly for your adventuresome friend though it sounds like she has made the most of her life. We should all be so lucky. I hope you do make the trip up the coast to Astoria one day, and maybe climb the Astoria Column in her honor. How was the steak house last night? How old is your Jonathon?

BECCA - You sound like a white tornado at your house! Have you given more thought to the baby quilt you were planning?

TINA - good to know you've got the uglies in hand and can sew without guilt. Lori had a great idea - chilies in the burgers. Next burgers we have I'm going to try that.

So, after a short discussion, I think we've decided we're going to have the chicken noodle soup. I have a cup or so of leftover rice, too, that I'll toss in. A simple salad and some rolls should make for a good meal. I also have a berry pie in the freezer. We've got this covered!

What's for supper at your house?

gershwin64

Re: SUPPER CLUB - Friday, Sept 16th

Post by gershwin64 » Fri Sep 16, 2022 7:59 am

Good morning everyone!
Mary, we were down to 50° here, soooooo nice!
Yes you need to try green chile on burgers and if you add a slice of bacon you'll be amazed how delicious that is! When I do that the burgers usually have chile, bacon, avocado, tomato..... onions if you like them, I don't so mine doesn't have onions...... sometimes instead of avocado I'll even put guacamole on mine, yummy! Chicken soup sounds yummy but we're to hit 92° today and that's just too hot for soup for me.
You had a good day yesterday in your sewing room, I did not. LOL I forgot I had to give Duncan a bath so I did that yesterday instead. I'm going in my sewing room as soon as I post here.
Holly dusted for me yesterday ❤
I'm really moving slow today, guess my back is mad at me. But if I can just sew a little and sort the Christmas swap blocks it'll make me a happy camper.
I've decided we need fajitas and guacamole for supper 😊
Tina

zfatcat

Post by zfatcat » Fri Sep 16, 2022 8:58 am

Mary, I love berry pie. The steaks were awesome. I brought most of mine home. I had the Rib Eye and it was 16oz. I have enough to make dinner for 3 with it. The scalloped potatoes were really yummy too.

Tina, I have 3 avocados I need to use in the next couple of days. Maybe steak burritos with guacamole.

I need to do some vacuuming today. There's fur balls everywhere.

Not sure on dinner, but have lots of options. Steak burritos, chicken fajitas, blt's with avocado?

Have a lovely day.
Lori 8-)

Becca

Post by Becca » Fri Sep 16, 2022 10:43 am

Hello everyone sunny here today
It’s been a busy long morning CA fell last night EMT come today He’s dehydrated which I knew Makes him disoriented & dizzyHas to drink Gatorade and salty foods or be hospitalized
Maryz I think it may be a train quilt with bears in each car I already have one I made that’s suitable for a girl It just needs the squares embroidered on or fancy quilting And will decide later Too much going on with CA now to even think about it

Tina Your burger sounds good Except thenn n peppers lol

Lori I’m glad your steak was good Sure sorry about your friend
I had chili made that was in freezer Haven’t had time to cook today Just hoping he can stay out of Hospital
Becca

Return to “Chit Chat”