Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

SUPPER CLUB - Wed, Sept 14th

General discussion of the quilting world, and topics that don't fit in other categories.
purrfect-lady

SUPPER CLUB - Wed, Sept 14th

Post by purrfect-lady » Wed Sep 14, 2022 7:07 am

Good morning,

The chickens are up and they want everyone to know it! lol! I LOVE their sound. Though I know not everyone does so I'm surprised they are getting away with having 2 roosters. Technically, those neighbors are within city limits (where roosters aren't allowed) while we are county. The line runs right between our houses. Sometimes, when we're gone for 3 months at a time and I get homesick, I pull up our security cameras and turn on the audio just so I can listen to the roosters. I suppose that sounds goofy, but is totally in character for me. :roll:

Yesterday we took an unplanned trip to Costco 30 miles north of us. Bill wanted some more tee shirts and our Costco was out of the ones he was looking for. We even have my sis in CO checking her Costco. So that ate up a lot of our morning. But I did get a bit of quilting done on my SIL's quilt she brought over. And not much else! Today - more quilting. Plus I REALLY intend to get started cutting strips for the Nutcracker quilts. I keep getting side-tracked.

JANA - glad you are getting some rain. Rumor is we'll be seeing some later this week ourselves. We need it. Our yard is so dry. Have fun in your sewing room today! I hope you take advantage of Kari's absence and sew like a wild woman while the sewing is good!

BECCA - I have heard of treatments that can possibly take the place of joint replacements - injections of stem cells, I think. It's becoming more common but isn't available everywhere. Is this similar to what you are undergoing? I hope it's working well for you whatever treatment you are getting. I didn't think CA could be left alone. My brother, Jim, was like that. His Parkinson's meds caused hallucinations and he really thought he was seeing things, so despite promises to not move until his wife returned from where ever, he would get up to "tend" his hallucinations. And fall. And get fractures. :cry:

TINA - how long does it take for each "roasting" and how many chilies can fit into your roaster? It's hard work! I just put about 7 chilies under my broiler to "roast", turning them frequently. Then steamed them in a bag, peeled them, and froze them - 1 Ziplock. I was whipped! lol! Yes, we liked the game. It was a good one, only the language here probably wasn't the same as at your house on those 1 yd line goofs! lol!

I have chiropractor this morning after my daily walk. Then I'm going to quilt some on Terry's quilt and cut some of my Nutcracker strips. I might so some experimenting on my SS gift, too. No other plans! Now to see if my sweetie lets me alone so no other plans come up! :lol:

I asked him if he wants more of that casserole tonite or would like new food. The man loves casseroles! and leftovers! So, no cooking tonite. Again! :D Just toss a salad and we're good. But after tonite (our third) I will have had enough.

What's your best idea for your supper tonite?

Becca

Re: SUPPER CLUB - Wed, Sept 14th

Post by Becca » Wed Sep 14, 2022 8:35 am

Hello everyone sunny here today
It’s been another busy morning Got laundry done Was taking care of CA & commode wouldn’t flush chain was tangled I worked with my tweezers & prayed & got it fixed He gets so upset about something like that Plus I was trying to line up a sitter for next week when I go for treatment
Maryz Yes the treatment is becoming more popular all the time In about 10 years it will probably be covered by insurance It’s is by letting your own body grow back cells & no surgery required It has sure worked for me

You are very fortunate Bill will eat leftovers CA will for once & then he wants something new I can eat until it’s gone if I like it
Today he’s eating banned food I have a burger & sweet potato fries. Becca
I have been watching the doe & baby fawn They come every day now She was eating moss Yuck

zfatcat

Post by zfatcat » Wed Sep 14, 2022 8:57 am

Mary, did Bill find the t-shirts at the other Costco? When you find something you like you have to buy a bunch, because you never know if you'll find them again. Kind of like fabric.

Tina, do you eat all the chilies or do you give them away. It seems like a lot.

Jana, Isn't is nice to have rain after the long hot dry summer? When it was raining last week, I took the dogs for a walk. It's was just a light rain and was lovely.

Becca, how lucky for you to see the Doe with her baby. They are such pretty animals.

Well yesterday was a busy one. Left the house early to take out opportunity quilt to Surfside quilt guild to sell tickets. After the guild we went to Los Rios Tea House for lunch. Their food is so yummy. I had a watermelon ice tea that was delicious. Got home about 4 and then left for guild about 5:30. It was a long day, fun to be with friends. While I was home I got a text from a friend that's been ill. They found she was full of tumors and a complete bowel blockage they can't get. So she will be going home from the hospital to be on hospice at home. Her days left on this planet are few. I am very sad about that. She just retired in April and we were suppose to travel together.

Today I will do some grocery shopping and maybe start going though my scraps. Jonathan's birthday is tomorrow, so I need to bake a cake as well. He want chocolate/chocolate. Super rich.

Dinner will be fajitas since I didn't make them on Monday.

Have a lovely day.
Lori 8-)

auntjana

Post by auntjana » Wed Sep 14, 2022 12:07 pm

Good afternoon!

I have been putting the embroidery machine through it's paces! I have 4 done blocks and two more to do. Then's it's squaring and sewing the top together. My brain is a bit fried, so I will do the last two after I get back from taking Ethan to orchestra. Been a very productive morning!

Dinner - sitting on the back burner of my brain, but we won't go hungry here.

My brain has been busy thinking, sometimes that gets me in trouble - so this is what I have been thinking in my brain - most of us have access to Zoom and a camera on our computers. So, what if we did a "class" of sorts, on something that we can share that we do fairly well. Some of us have embroidery machines and may know a few tricks in using them to do blocks, like I am doing with the Kimberbell patterns. The quilts and bench pillows. We all have so many talents when it comes to quilting and this could be a way to share and help another. Gives us the chance to visually show and teach rather than trying to explain with words only. Pictures are so much better! Zoom has a free way to use that site - the time is limited to a little over 30? minutes and we could share the meeting numbers, etc, through the private mail here on QIAD. Just a wondering thought - maybe start after the beginning of the year, when things tend to slow down a bit. plus we get to see each other!

Well, the embroidery I was working on is finished and waiting for me. The last embroidery block that I saved is one with many thread changes and adding different fabrics - it a quilt shop/house. Needs lots of attention.

Hugs,
Jana

gershwin64

Post by gershwin64 » Wed Sep 14, 2022 1:35 pm

Hi everyone!
I realized I lied to everybody! We did 5 bags of chile not 6, sorry about that. 2 were roasted for us so we just peeled and cleaned and put up, those 2 bags were only 25 pounds each so that was 50 pounds of chile. Then those 3 bags that were given to us were not roasted and we roasted, peeled, cleaned and froze. Those 3 bags were 40 pounds each. So we ended up doing 170 pounds of chile this year, we usually only do 50 to 70 pounds each year.
Holly took 40 pounds, which were 24 ziplocks with 9 chillies in each, Kevin has the same amount in our freezer and it looks like we'll be delivering that next Wednesday. Yoooouuuuuu know what that means.......I get to see my grandsons there and Maria and Kevin ❤❤❤❤
Mary, if you want some chile next time you stop by I'll gladly give you some bags, I have spicy, medium and mild 😊. Oh Frankie roasts each batch for 4 minutes, it's 36 chillies in each batch, here could probably do 50 at a time. I had him do 36 so it gave me 4 ziplocks of 9. He roasted 6 batches from each burlap bag. I'm laughing, I'm not sure if you think Frankie says bad words or if you guys do 🤣😂🤣😂 he just mostly calls them idiot's and says they deserve to lose playing like that 🤣😂🤣😂 he also says they should be fined and not get paid 🤣😂🤣😂 I laugh at him.
Becca, I sure hope you're right and insurance will cover things like that treatment in the next 10 years. I'm glad you find someone to stay with CA while you're gone, really gives you peace of mind.
Lori, we do eat a lot of chile, but we don't eat very it very often when it's just us 2. The kids love it when I make chile rellenos and if they're all here I make at least 24, so we go through a lot of chile. I don't do hot though, I like medium. When I make my green enchilada sauce I use anywhere from 4 to 6 chillies in it. When I'm in the mood we all love green chile cheeseburgers LOL they're the bomb! I'm giving 100 pounds of what we have away though.
I'm very sorry to hear about your friend. I thought they could get blockages out of intestines anywhere. My Dad had at least 18" cut out and removed and then the 2 ends were sewed back together. It doesn't give him any problems thankfully.
Jana, I love your idea! I'd sure be on!
Well I'm totally exhausted LOL Frankie vacuumed thankfully and I mopped the whole house, cleaned both bathrooms and I'm doing laundry. I didn't think I was going to make it through the mopping.
I'm making philly steak and cheese sandwiches for supper, if I can I might do fries in the air fryer.
Tina

Return to “Chit Chat”