Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

SUPPER CLUB - Tuesday, Sept 13th

General discussion of the quilting world, and topics that don't fit in other categories.
purrfect-lady

SUPPER CLUB - Tuesday, Sept 13th

Post by purrfect-lady » Tue Sep 13, 2022 6:49 am

Good morning!

Today is the 9th anniversary of the day Scottie got us. It was a Friday the 13th. And that right there should have been a hint of what we were in for with this dog. :lol: He is on the crazy side, very much an alpha dog, which is unusual for shelties who are generally categorized as timid and shy. Not our Scottie! But we love him anyway. He makes me laugh every day with his antics, so he's probably just the right dog for us.

Yesterday we uncovered the half-finished quilt (Calendar Swap) that has been on the frame for more than a month while all the family was here. I finished quilting it (a freehand meander pattern) and got the binding on. Then I pieced the backing for "Harley" and he's all ready for quilting. But my SIL came by with a large quilt she wants us to do. She asked us earlier in the summer but we couldn't do it then. I'll do this one myself, also freehand meander and will probably start on it today. Harley will have to wait his turn. I also want to start cutting fabrics for my Nutcracker log cabins and flesh out some ideas I have for my Elf in the SS exchange. To provide a break in the action, I'll run a load of wash through, too and wipe down the counter in the guest bath. And that will be my day - a little bit of everything. Then evening will come and I'll work on my cross-stitch while we watch TV.

BECCA - I thought you were done with knee treatments - or will they go on as long as you need them? Are you able to leave CA while you are gone? Good to leave him with meals and notes.

TINA - wasn't that a game last night! I think everyone was surprised Seattle won - especially Frankie's new quarterback! LOL! So how many gallon ziplocs have you filled now? You are going to be eating a lot of chilies!

JANA - don't be fooled by my rhetoric! It only reads like I'm ambitious! lol! Everyone needs a sloth day now and then. How long is Kari going to be gone. Sew fast while your Batt Cave is yours! Are Michael and Daniel building more track?

LORI - sorry you had a funeral in your life. But your friend's mother sounds lovely and she left people with many beautiful memories! Yes, the boric acid works very well! And the best part is a treatment can last months or even years.

Our mystery casserole from the freezer last night ended up being diced ham, peas, wide egg noodles in a creamy mushroomy sauce. It was good and we certainly have more for tonite. These kinds of dishes can get so out of hand! We'll be eating it for 3 nights and probably toss the rest. I hate doing that but we can only eat so much.

What are you having for your supper tonight?

gershwin64

Re: SUPPER CLUB - Tuesday, Sept 13th

Post by gershwin64 » Tue Sep 13, 2022 7:18 am

Good morning everyone!
Mary, you sure have a busy day planned. You can come help with chile if you'd like LOL
Scottie and you two were made for each other 🥰 happy anniversary, will he get an extra treat? 9 years sure passed quickly!
I have 82 ziplocks in the freezer, today will hopefully get the last bag done, we get 25 ziplocks of 9 chillies each from each of these 3 bags. We have to take Rosie to thre groomer at 9 this morning and then not sure what time to pick her up and then Frankie has a 4:30 dentist appointment so our roasting, cleaning and putting in the freezer will have interruptions today.
Yep that was a pretty good game! Frankie said the Broncos messed up twice on the 1 yard line 🤷‍♀️ I don't know much about football, my game is basketball. But I'll sit and watch with him sometimes. He tells his Broncos off even if they're winning or win 🤣😂🤣😂 I tell him I'd hate to see how he talks to teams he doesn't like 🤣😂🤣😂
Supper tonight will probably be something from town that either Frankie will pick up after his dentist or Holly will bring us.
Gotta scoot, almost time to leave.
Tina

Becca

Post by Becca » Tue Sep 13, 2022 11:50 am

Hello everyone sunny here with beautiful blue skies I started a picture of my view off front porch

Maryz Yes you’re a whiz when it comes to quilting or anything I think Scottie can’t be that old Nice he keeps you in stitches
No CA can’t be alone due to falls He fell today in bathroom

Tina You must be the chili queen Hope your freezer is full now

It’s been a topsy turby day I got a call & my appt for knee was canceled Lady in wreck These are booster shots You get 4 after you complete the round you take I have 2 to go hope I can go next week I want it to be over It’s such a long drive
Mark is doing his rehab Denise hopes the staph infection is starting to heal
We had leftovers steak n creamed potatoes CA didn’t want anything after his fall. Becca

auntjana

Post by auntjana » Tue Sep 13, 2022 4:48 pm

Good evening!

As Tina says, sliding in quite late to the table. 8n fact I am starting the water for the pasta, that will be served with Parma Rosa Sauce. Simple dinner with a salad as well.

Not much got accomplished in these parts. Mother Nature did and is doing her thing, dropping rain on us. More coming.

Tomorrow morning we drop Kari at the airport and home for awhile, then take Ethan to orchestra practice.

Cooking the corned beef in the crockpot is a good thing, just need to shorten the cooking time. It was over done and fell totally apart. Live and learn.

See ya tomorrow,
Hugs,
Jana

Return to “Chit Chat”