Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

SUPPER CLUB - Sunday Sept 11

General discussion of the quilting world, and topics that don't fit in other categories.
purrfect-lady

SUPPER CLUB - Sunday Sept 11

Post by purrfect-lady » Sun Sep 11, 2022 6:36 am

Good morning,

Today is a sad anniversary in our nation's history. The Pearl Harbor of modern times. Let it never happen again.

Yesterday I got more yard work done. More to do again today. I only do a couple hours a day, at most. And then only about 4 days a week, depending on weather. I also got my motorcycle quilt almost all together. I hope to have that top finished today.

TINA - I bet chilies are like grapes - the soil and micro-climates can make all the difference!

BECCA - I agree - if a potential recipient of one of my quilts called it a 'blanket' and said they didn't need any more, then they would get exactly that - no more! But for those who appreciate them, I can't make enough!

JANA - these days you just can't let little ones play outside safely or even walk to nearby friends' house. The world is full of crazies! Glad the under-sink mess is all taken care of. Good to have plenty of handy folks in your house! Cats! They sleep where ever the want, don't they. Foxy will claim a favorite spot and spends his day there. Then in a week or two, he finds a new favorite spot. One week it was way back under the LA. Another week it was middle of our bed. Now he's back to his basket in my sewing room.

Supper last night was tortellini in gorgonzola sauce at the Italian restaurant. Bill had spinach ravioli in creamy pesto sauce. We both liked mine better. But we only ate half so that's supper for tonite. I'll add a salad and we have a large ear of corn that we'll break in half.

Have you got a plan yet?

Becca

Re: SUPPER CLUB - Sunday Sept 11

Post by Becca » Sun Sep 11, 2022 10:01 am

Hello everyone cloudy here with showers It’s been a wet year
Maryz Yes I didn’t give her anymore quilts because I thought no one like that needed them There’s too much time energy & love that goes in a quilt
I’m sure the motorcycle one will be loved
As all of yours are
I watched the Church services this morning
Just May catch a nap
We had leftovers today. Becca

zfatcat

Post by zfatcat » Sun Sep 11, 2022 1:07 pm

Mary, you're motorcycle quilt is very nice.

Jana, we grew up on a cul-de-sac and so did my kids. It's easier to see them in the from the window when they are outside playing. We have a really big backyard too, so there was always plenty of room to play back there.

We got a little bit of rain on Friday. It was lovely. Yesterday was cooler, but humid. Today is hot and humid, but not as hot as it was. I sat down to post yesterday evening, and I saw an ant on the wall. Then another. I checked to see where they were coming from, and they were on the baseboards in the dining room and living room. I had to ditch my post to tend to that. A hour and a half later, we had sprayed inside and out. I also had to wipe everything down inside vacuum and mop because of the dogs. Not how I was planning to spend my evening.

Jonathan's van broke down near Bandon OR on August 14th. He was a week into his trip when his transmission went out. Good thing it was under warranty. He rented a truck and drove home with the dogs. He flew up Friday to get the van. He's on his way home now. He stopped to see a few friends along the way.

Dinner will be Pizza tonight. I don't feel like cooking since I've been cleaning and doing laundry for the last 3 hours. I still have a few more loads to wash.

Have a lovely day.

Lori 8-)

gershwin64

Post by gershwin64 » Sun Sep 11, 2022 6:50 pm

Hi everyone!
Today is a sad day, it just didn't seem like it's been that long, I remember it so vividly.
I'm sliding in late again. We were giving about 120 pounds of green chile that we have to roast, clean and freeze. Holly I's going to get 1 bag and Kevin another but I'm thinking we'll be the ones doing the roasting, cleaning and putting in freezer bags and freezing in our freezers. It's a lot of work but I sure don't want it to go to waste.
Mary, soil may make the difference. My bank is screaming at me for doing the chillies so my yard work will be waiting for me. Your supper last night sounds yummy!
Becca, I agree, I wouldn't give anymore to anyone that didn't want or appreciate them.
Lori, glad your temps are cooling down.
Jana, I never let my kids or my grands outside without an adult. We live 30 miles from there Mexico border, it's not worth it. Plus we have rattlesnakes and coral snakes.
We had leftover chile rellenos and rice....I couldn't cook if someone paid me.
I woke up at 4:20 this morning and couldn't go back to sleep so I was up by 5:20 and went and sewed some. Then about 2ish we started roasting chillies and putting them in the freezer.
It's gonna be an ibuprofen night.
Tina

Return to “Chit Chat”