Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

SUPPER CLUB - Friday, Sept 9th

General discussion of the quilting world, and topics that don't fit in other categories.
purrfect-lady

SUPPER CLUB - Friday, Sept 9th

Post by purrfect-lady » Fri Sep 09, 2022 5:14 am

Good morning,

I was up at 3:30 but then I went to sleep about 8:30 so that gave me 7 solid hours of sleep. Not bad.

We are warming up again for the weekend, possibly into low 90's, but only for 1 or 2 days. I can take that, and, looking at the rest of the country, I'll be happy taking that!

Yesterday I got my motorcycle quilt mostly together. Now to start on the pieced letters for the saying I want to add to the last part of this quilt. Then to check out my backing stash. The fabric I wanted to use won't be enough unless I get creative. I'm ready to start my Nutcracker quilts. I'm sure, by the time I finish those two projects, I'll be pretty weary of log cabin blocks! But for now - I'm full speed ahead.

This morning I have an eye dr appt, then I'll sew, and also make myself get out into the yard for an hour or so to do some fall clean up, cutting back, and maybe start to bring in some of my yard art for the winter. It will be a well rounded day.

BECCA - You are indeed lucky to have Tina in your lives, but then I kind of think she's lucky to have found you, as well. And what a heartfelt and very special gift from the EMT. You have had many good people come into your life path over the years.

LORI - I've had a few projects like that - they look great and I get started and before long I'm thinking "What was I thinking??" lol! I sure hope the storm brings in some cool and rain, but not so much rain that flooding happens, especially in the burned areas of CA. I think California has fallen off Mother Nature's list of favorite states!

Supper is still up in the air here. I have a thick, cooked pork chop. I might dice it into gravy over baked or boiled potatoes. Or, if I finally get to the store and buy some veggies, perhaps I'll do a stir-fry or pork fried rice.

What sounds tempting to you tonite?

Becca

Re: SUPPER CLUB - Friday, Sept 9th

Post by Becca » Fri Sep 09, 2022 7:37 am

Hello everyone Just. a quick break cloudy here
We are into fall temps now I don’t do heat well

MaryzI think we have all had projects like thatI used to hash & rehash what I made for the kids but Denise always told me Mom thry will love whatever you make I’m always anxious over a baby quilt but they were all loved too
You amaze me with your quilts Faster than a speeding bullet
We have met a lot of incredible people with CAs sickness and when I was hospitalized too The Same EMT checked me each week until I was released

I used to have a pen pal from Great Britain
She sent me lots of literature about the Queens being put into place It’s been many years she was a wonderful leader for the people & tried I’m sure to keep her family in line

Jana I love hand washing dishes With just CA & I I use mine very little unless someone is sick Then I want everything sterile

I got beds stripped & dressed Laundry done CA showered & mopped basement
And Keith FaceTime So its been busy
I’m doing burgers Salad & garden peas
Have a great day everyone Becca

zfatcat

Post by zfatcat » Fri Sep 09, 2022 11:28 am

Becca, I got the beds done as well.

Mary, 7 hours is pretty good. I usually get 6 - 6 1/2. Not as much last night though. Jack woke me at 0230 and I had a hard time going back to sleep. Then I got up at 0445 to take Jonathan to the airport. His van is finally repaired, so he going to get it and meet up with a few friends on the way home.

I got my Storm at Sea Accuquilt die from QIAD. So I may cut a few and try it out.

Dinner will be teriyaki chicken on the grill with rice and veggie of some kind.

Have a lovely day.
Lori 8-)

auntjana

Post by auntjana » Fri Sep 09, 2022 4:04 pm

Good afternoon!

Finally a minute to get back here. We made a run to Costco and then to Winco, came home and put it all away. Then Sarah and I went to our hair appointment, then she needed a stop at Costco, did that on the way home. now I am home! And in the Batt Cave.

Dinner will be hamburgers, soft artisan buns and french fries. A request from Karlie. You know Grandma pays attention to those!

So I was bad at the second trip in Costco. Christmas and some fall jumped into my basket. A new wreath for the front door for fall and wrapping paper and tags for Christmas. Even found a dress up dress - Rapunzel for Gracie. She has asked for this as a present for 2 years and I finally found one.

Mary - it seems I get around 8 hours of sleep, that is after i fall back after getting up in the middle of the night. Just turn on the TV to Perry Mason or MASH, and I am asleep in no time. I have seen all of them so many times, it works great to put me to sleep. There's a timer on the TV that turns it off automatically.

Becca - beds are done here too and so is the rest of the laundry! Good thing!

Lori - didn't know that Jonathan had truck problems - glad it's fixed now.

Well, as soon as Kari is off work, i have the next embroidery ready to go. I have a friend, Smokey, that has decided that my sweater on the sewing island is now her favorite spot. We'll see how that goes when the machine starts, how fast she will move! She is a tiny bit, a lot, skiddy!

Have fun!
Hugs,
Jana

gershwin64

Post by gershwin64 » Fri Sep 09, 2022 6:31 pm

Hi everyone!
I'm barely making it here, sorry.
We did chile again today, what we got the other day was horrible quality but it'll do for chopping up in cooking. Today's will be perfect for chile rellenos! The last batch was Hatch chile, today's was our county's chile, I seem to like our local better and it always seems to be better quality.
Holly had a last minute meeting today so we picked up the kids and pizza. Good thing we did.... our daughter wouldn't even talk when she came in, Frankie asked her what was wrong so you know if he noticed then something wasn't right. I didn't push. She ate a piece of pizza and broke down crying. Their meeting was to tell her they won't be hiring another kinder teacher so they are moving kids to other classes and she went from 19 to 27 kids. She's so upset! She only has room for 24 max which is wall to wall and there's only 24 cubbies. She cried and cried. She is so stressed that she won't be able to give 27 students a good education. She doesn't get an aide or anything, there's 3 teachers they did this to. It's not right to the teacher or the kids.
I'm just sad. They had enough students for another classroom and teacher but the school administrator doesn't want to spend the money for another teacher, crazy.
Sorry.
Tina

Return to “Chit Chat”