Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

SUPPER CLUB - Thursday, Sept 8

General discussion of the quilting world, and topics that don't fit in other categories.
purrfect-lady

SUPPER CLUB - Thursday, Sept 8

Post by purrfect-lady » Thu Sep 08, 2022 8:53 am

Good morning,

I'm a little late this morning. I did my 2-mile walk first today.

Yesterday was dr day here. Ugh. Now I'm on BP and cholesterol meds plus I got a pneumonia shot. Sigh. Then we got flu shots at Albertson's Pharmacy. I didn't need that as I had both shots years ago but she said my chart was unclear as to which ones I'd already gotten so I got a third one - on the house! lol! Covid boosters come next week.

I finished my motorcycle blocks and have them arranged on my "design floor". Scottie has learned to skirt them when he walks around. Foxy thinks I put them down for his comfort. :lol: I hope to get them sewn together around my panel today and then start designing the last part of this quilt. I'm anxious now to get started on the two Nutcracker quilts. We leave for TX in about 9 weeks and I want to have them finished. It's a tall order but I'm going to give it the old Mary Z try!

JANA - bummer about the dishwasher/sink. I actually don't mind doing dishes, but with all the family here for nearly a month, I was so grateful that Bill re-installed our old dishwasher that he'd taken out in anticipation of the new one. But plates is a small part of the load. There's cups, glasses, pans, bowls, silverware. You need a dog! Dogs can get everything sparkling clean in the flash of tongue! If it were 105* here I wouldn't be in the mood for anything except complaining! lol!

BECCA - I'm sorry for CA's UTI. No fun! Added to his other problems is unfair! I'm happy that you were able to get in a walk while Tina was with CA. And nice that she has a medical background, too. If I remember right I think you said she used to work as a nurse.

TINA - great that you found a good eye dr. I don't usually have issues with having my eyes dilated. Other than a headache. I found the best cure for a headache is to distract myself with something. Sewing works well for that! Thank you for the update on Irish. I worry about her relapsing.

CAROL - You are probably on the road by now, but Happy Anniversary! Italian dinner is the best dinner to celebrate! What did you have? Happy travels! You may hear rumors of Mt. Rainier "venting", but it was just an interesting cloud formation that got folks excited. All is well with our mountain.

LORI - Usually, I am up for 2 or 3 hours and then go back to bed. Unless it's after 4am. Then I stay up. Are you going to make that pinwheel pin cushion? I found a couple of unusual, very pretty, hand painted tea cups at Goodwill. I have them displayed on my buffet right now, but plan to make pincushions out of them.

I forgot to go grocery shopping yesterday. After my walk, dr appt, shots at pharmacy, dishwasher shopping at two places, cabinet shopping at Hab for Hum Re-Store (for garage) in Tacoma, Target to pick up Rx's, and then to the other end of town to pick up mail, I guess we were pooped out and totally spaced over the groceries. So maybe I'll get to that today. We don't have a single fresh thing in the house except for one avocado. But I've pulled pork chops from the freezer. We always split one and save one for the next night when we'll probably have pork stir fry - if I shop. I guess I'll find out what all we're having when we have it!

Becca

Re: SUPPER CLUB - Thursday, Sept 8

Post by Becca » Thu Sep 08, 2022 10:11 am

Hello everyone sunny here today I got my shots meat pick up at grocery Beth’s bakery & DGeneral I stopped at Park to walk It’s too tempting to pass
Maryz Tina is a RN & works Every day as a nurse She only s comes to us after interviewing us & our family Shr loved us so we got her She’s very hard to get She gives us lots of medical advice and she keeps check on us thru the week She’s a jewel to have in many ways
This is our Childrens doings & it gives them peace of mind not being close

I come home got busy packing meat in freezer Left out pork chops to fix Will add garden peas CA has lots of goodies from bakery
Our Favorite EMT come to check CAs blood for blood thinner I was blown away He brought me a Bent Willow Angel of caring He said when he saw it he thought of me
I love it Of course I collect Angels
Maryz I have no doubt you will finish those quilts
Becca
Last edited by Becca on Thu Sep 08, 2022 11:59 am, edited 1 time in total.

zfatcat

Re: SUPPER CLUB - Thursday, Sept 8

Post by zfatcat » Thu Sep 08, 2022 11:01 am

Becca, what a lovely thoughtful gift.

Mary, I did make the pin cushion. Super easy and cute. I also was just playing around with some star blocks I was cutting out from a charm pack. Not loving the colors like I thought I would.

There's a storm coming up from the south. I think it's hurricane Kay. We are supposed to get some rain tomorrow and Saturday that will cool us off. Finally. Today it's hot and muggy. I'll be inside. I might go bowling too. We'll see.

Dinner will be chicken fajitas.

Have a lovely day.
Lori 8-)

Return to “Chit Chat”