Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

SUPPER CLUB - Tuesday, Sept 6th

General discussion of the quilting world, and topics that don't fit in other categories.
purrfect-lady

SUPPER CLUB - Tuesday, Sept 6th

Post by purrfect-lady » Tue Sep 06, 2022 6:28 am

Good morning,

Well, my sister and DBIL are leaving today. It's been a great 3 weeks, but we'll be glad to be on our own again. And we'll see them again in December in Texas. They will be spending a month with us at our RV park in Austin. I will have to say my goodbyes early as I leave at 8am for a massage appt and I don't think they will hit the road until 9am.

Yesterday we played one last game of dominoes and then while they readied their trailer for travel, I got 5 of my 16 motorcycle blocks finished. And the rest are in the prep stage. I will work on them some and maybe some Sept lotto blocks. I really need to vacuum, mop, dust, clean bathrooms. And I might do some of that, but not much. After a massage I kind of like to lay around and relax.

TINA - I would be afraid to let the kids out for fear of snakes. But we're not accustomed to living with poisonous things - well spiders, but I've never seen one of them - so I kind of freak when in snake and scorpion country. I saw Velda post in the Sew In a few days ago. She said she is busy and "taking a break".

BECCA - you are always so busy and get so much done! You should be wearing a cape!

JANA - You seem awfully hot for September! I will be rooting for cooler temps and rain for you soon. Sorry about the boo boo. They happen to us all. But glad it wasn't too bad and you were able to fix it. So you have one kid getting out of the fire biz and one going into it! Congrats to them both!

LORI - we haven't been so hot as you but I'm also ready to be done with summer. The days seem to get dry and stagnant. I'm happy to have some fresh, crisp air in the early fall.

CAROL - I know you're going on vacation, but I didn't catch where you're going or how long you'll be gone.

Tonite we will be on our own for supper for first time. I have some leftover grilled chicken to do something with. I might make a chicken margarita pizza. We just had pizza last night but that was pepperoni with tomato sauce so unless I figure out something else to do with my chicken, that's what it will be.

What cha got goin' on in your kitchen?

Quilter7

Re: SUPPER CLUB - Tuesday, Sept 6th

Post by Quilter7 » Tue Sep 06, 2022 8:41 am

Good Morning,

Maryz - We will be gone for about two weeks. We are driving to Yosemite, Crater Lake and Mount Rainier. We leave on Thursday. We are not camping but staying in hotels. I have been to all three places, DH was in Yosemite when he was eight.

Tina - I am with Maryz about the GK outside. I just saw that rattlesnakes are being found in more backyards lately.

We have another hot, sticky day ahead. We have to remember to pack a jacket for our trip. It is so warm here it is hard to remember it isn't everywhere. When we return Fall will be here and hopefully the monsoons will be over.

Tomorrow is our 26th Wedding Anniversary and we will be going out. There is an Italian Restaurant called Avenue Italy.

Dinner tonight will be Chicken, Potatoes and Salad. I have a Board meeting tonight.

Carol

Becca

Post by Becca » Tue Sep 06, 2022 1:23 pm

Hello everyone Wrote once & it poofed away
Cloudy with sun partly
Beena town day with banking Drug store & groceries Then stopped at Park to walk Got my 2 miles in Such a pretty peaceful place to walk by the creek And it’s level

Maryz You too keep a steady pace I just try to keep everything going around here And take care of bills & be CAs secretary for all his phone calls about meds & Drs
I did get my bill straightened out about Hospital from last year & one 15 months old for X-rays She cut it by half because it’s so late & on Hospitals I sent a copy of letter I saved they sent that read 000.00 Balance That fixed that problem You really have to watch them with all eyes I’m convinced they just send out bills when they want extra money This was for 2020

Carol Your trip sounds lovely Enjoy to the max
I had banned Pattie’s left Added potatoe salad & corn on cob. CA had brownies
Becca

auntjana

Post by auntjana » Tue Sep 06, 2022 2:20 pm

Good afternoon!

I too have been busy off and on all day. It's quite warm here too. I haven't wanted, so I haven't looked to see how hot we are today. Another day in the over 100 catagory. There's a hurricane brewing off Baja and we will get rain and cooler temps from it this weekend. Sorry Baja, but we are cheering and saying bring it on! It will cool off California first and then get to us.

Dinner tonight will be ribs and a potato salad. I need to go to the store for fresh veggies, but that can't happen until Friday. It's our day tomorrow for the school bus run and the cello practice run. I have to get the little girls from their schools and Michael will take Ethan to the cello practice, at the school where Sarah works. It's one of the perks of her job there. To get Ethan there on time, Michael takes him out of class about 30 minutes early and its a drive of about 30 minutes south to the other school. So we deal with 4 different schools! Sheesh! No wonder God gave kids to young parents! Then Thursday, it's just the little girls to take to school and back. We are lucky as this isthe bad week, then Kate shifts rotates and frees up some Wednesday, so it isn't this bad every week.

No much else here. I have the block ready to slip in my machine, while Kari gets the kids today.

Yes, we have too much stuff and so does Daniel, and he left and got rid of a lot of his stuff before coming here. We have a ton of moving blankets, that come in handy when kids move, so we keep them up on a high shelf, so Daniel will build a even higher shelf and free up the more usable space for other stuff. Mostly what's in the garage is lumber for the model railroad. It has been being stockpiled for a time and is now getting used. I even found some hard to find pieces of track stuff for Michael the other day and it is ordered and shipped. They are track pieces that connect the rails together and have been harder than hen's teeth to find. He can now lay track. You've gotta have track for trains to run on! LOL!

And I was bad too - ordered the embelishment kit for the new bench pillow. I have plenty of fabric, including the fruit fabrics for the pies. The kit has the leather for the hand mixer and such. so it will get here in a bit too.

Well, I have the embroidery going while Kari is gone, so need to pay some attention to that,

Hugs,
Jana

Return to “Chit Chat”