Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

SUPPER CLUB - Tuesday, Aug 9

General discussion of the quilting world, and topics that don't fit in other categories.
purrfect-lady

SUPPER CLUB - Tuesday, Aug 9

Post by purrfect-lady » Tue Aug 09, 2022 6:50 am

Good morning,

We were in the 88-90 range again yesterday but today will be only 80*. They promise! And they even say we have 80% chance of rain at 0700 - right when I walk. OK by me!

Yesterday Bill took Tex back to Yakima to pick up his pick-up. Turned out to be only $400 instead of $6,000+ like he feared. That was a relief. But it was another long day for them both. They were gone almost 8 hours. I sewed, read, and stitched. A good day to be me! A little less good to be Bill. :D

VELDA - you are busy and always on the go! I know you enjoy the dancing. I miss it but there's just no where to go to dance here anymore. A few bars with postage stamp floors and they sure aren't playing western music!

LORI - I bet Jack is happy to be getting out after being so terribly neglected and un-loved this past week when you went to the quilt show. :lol:

JANA - silly girl! Sorry about your favorite muffin mix. Everyone knows the healthier they make it the less tastier it is. Some kind of food rule, I think. I've seen the Candy Corn project. It's neat. I do love Halloween sewing! I'm just not a big fan of the holiday itself. And that doesn't make sense even to me!

LYN - so many of our meals are designed around "what needs to be used up". I hope your DD has a light case of Covid and that you and Garry don't get it. Fortunately, the current prominent variant isn't as serious at the original so hopefully if you do get sick, it will be the BA.5 variant.

CAROL - sewing with your new glasses will be a good test of how they are going to work for you. :D I just made my annual eye appt for next month. I don't think there's been much change in my vision but I would like new glasses.

BECCA - it's SOO good to see you posting again! We've missed you! I wonder what part of the vaccine you are (probably) allergic to. I forgot that you'd said once before that you were a poor candidate for it. Our friend, Gus, is allergic to duck eggs which are involved in the manufacturing process to make flu vaccines, so he can't get the flue vaccines. A special hug to CA. With his shingles, a hug from 3,000 miles away is probably the best kind!

Since Bill was gone all day yesterday and Tex bought him a big lunch on the road, we only had a chef's salad last night with beans and boiled egg for protein. Tonite we're going to friends to celebrate a birthday there. I am taking a layered Mexican dip with chips for an appetizer and I hear the menu will be smoked ribs.

Happy Eating!

WeeOne

Re: SUPPER CLUB - Tuesday, Aug 9

Post by WeeOne » Tue Aug 09, 2022 9:10 am

A nice day on the Mtn, though a little noisy. They are working on our dirt roads, which really need it. Coming up our street has been like going over a wash board.

So far, I'm feeling fine. Dr suggested a couple more supplements. DD1 just text that she's feeling awful today.

I have a package of brats I should grill. Will probably heat up some Perogi's I got from Schwan's to go with brats.

Hope y'all have a fine day.
Lyn

zfatcat

Post by zfatcat » Tue Aug 09, 2022 12:19 pm

Mary, you day yesterday sounds perfect.

Lyn, it's nice to have good roads, but I do hate the noise of the repairs as well.

We've been in the 90's for 3 days and it will continue a few more weeks. Typical August weather here.
I trimmed the roses a bit and waters the plants in containers this morning about 1030 and worked up a sweat. Will be staying inside as much as possible. I do need to go out to the garage to do laundry, but that will be a quick trip.

I have guild tonight, so we'll do a late lunch. Not sure what.

Have a lovely day.
Lori 8-)

Quilter7

Post by Quilter7 » Tue Aug 09, 2022 12:31 pm

Good Afternoon,

It is beautiful here today. We are a bit cooler than Lori and quite comfortable still.

I went to the farmer's market then to grocery store. I get the best peaches at the farmer's market! However, between all the shopping and putting away then lunch I haven't sewn today, so the rest of the day you will find me in my sewing room.

Lyn - Hopefully, you will not get Covid.

Mary - You will miss you alone time today! Glad Bill got the truck picked up and lucky for Tex it was the lower dollar amount. I found the fall Bigelow teas are out today. I bought a Cranberry Herbal Tea. They also had Carmel Apple and Pumpkin Spice both were black teas. I like cranberries so look forward to trying the tea. BTW not much change in the prescription on the glasses, just no scratches so yes, I can see more clearly.

Dinner tonight will be Mac and Cheese with Corn and fresh green beans. I am really looking forward to a wonderful dinner!

Carol

Carol

auntjana

Post by auntjana » Tue Aug 09, 2022 1:55 pm

Good afternoon!

Getting near dinner and I have no idea what to fix! I have all the little girls here at the moment. Aaron and Kate are over looking at a new mattress. Boy are they going to be in for sticker shock!

Haven't made it down to the Batt Cave. Doing laundry m we are in need of it big time!

Daniel seems to have the jeep working again. It's name is Teapot, because when they got it, used, it made a whistling sound. That was fixed awhile ago. But now it's boiling away all the water and anti freeze, but Daniel thinks he has that fixed now. We will see, he got to work OK, it's the trip home that gave him problems before. We thought we needed to take him the extra water he had planned, but no, he had more in Teapot. Fitting name, I'd say.

Karlie and Ethan start school on Monday. Gracie starts the following week. Gracie will be in class for a day or two, then they go to Florida for a week and 2 days at Disney World. Aaron and Kate had to move the original timing, because if Kate, Aaron and Stuart passed the written fire exam, they need to be back for the physical test which fell in the original planned vacation. Yes, Stuart is trying out for the fire department. The only one in shape is Kate, but the other two are trying. We will see. On the fire side of things, Daniel is still on the roster at his station in California and they are finally getting a new firetruck that was ordered - designed and outfitted by Daniel, from Las Vegas. Daniel and another firefighter will pick it up and drive it back to California.

So that's it from here,
Still no dinner plans,
Hugs,
Jana

gershwin64

Post by gershwin64 » Tue Aug 09, 2022 2:35 pm

Hi everyone!
I've been missing again, I get busy and my day gets away from me.
We took Bailey to the groomer this morning for Holly, his appointment was made about 7 weeks ago and she asked me if we could take him if A was working, I said yes. Well he was at the golf course, not working, not doing anything at the house that needs done. 😡 But poor little Bailey needed to go and I didn't want him to miss out on his grooming..... He hasn't been since before COVID and he really needed to be evened up and nails done that Holly hasn't been able to do for him. Plus he doesn't like his feet and face done so he was looking a little funny. I hope the groomer was able to do his face and feet. He's a really good cocker, he's Duncan's brother but way smaller. We have to go get him in a little bit. You all do realize I may need bail money one of these days......🤪🤷 It may be sooner rather than later.....
Jana, I use the Betty Crocker blueberry muffins still, the old way was adding milk but the new way adds water instead but we don't like it that way either..... So I just do milk instead and they're just like the old way.
Becca, so good to see you 🥰
Lyn, glad you liked my philly steak and cheese recipe.
Sorry I can't respond to all, I gotta scoot and get ready to leave.
Tonight is Dad's night and I still don't know what I'm making and I only have 2.5 hours left.
Tina

Quilter7

Post by Quilter7 » Tue Aug 09, 2022 4:56 pm

Jana and Tina - When I make my Blueberry Muffins, I use the one in the BC cookbook. They do have a streusel topping that I use for Apple Cinnamon Muffins. The box mixes just don't taste like muffins to me. Muffins are very simple - Flour, Sugar, Salt, Baking Powder, Milk, Oil and Eggs and of course Blueberries.

Carol

Return to “Chit Chat”