Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

SUPPER CLUB - Friday, Aug 5th

General discussion of the quilting world, and topics that don't fit in other categories.
purrfect-lady

SUPPER CLUB - Friday, Aug 5th

Post by purrfect-lady » Fri Aug 05, 2022 6:37 am

Good morning,

It's chilly this morning - too chilly to sit outside - but we're going to about 77* later today and tomorrow back into the upper 80's and low 90's for at least 4 days. The cool has been nice while it lasted.

Yesterday was some sewing, more grocery shopping/putting away, and then relaxing. Our friend, Tex, stopped by last night after supper and brought a bottle of wine and we visited until 8:30. Today - sew a little, garden a little, and I have some work to do out in our trailer. No appts and no errands. Yay! Bill is going to spray the yard for mosquitos. He has some stuff that just targets mosquitoes, aphids, and one other pest. Normally, I don't like to spray with anything but this year the skeeters seem rather vicious. Last year we didn't have any at all.

TINA - thanks! Bill might like that! And he LOVES Montreal steak seasoning. And we saw those very thinly sliced rib-eyes at Costco yesterday, but I hadn't read your recipe yet. I might try them. We're neither of us big beef eaters, but occasionally, it tastes good. It might be a great meal for my fam

JANA - we are seeing more and more empty shelves here, too. The pharmacy is the worst, but I did notice that Michael's fabric aisle was pretty skimpy. We checked out the rugs at Costco yesterday and I think I found yours! It's pretty! Very YOU.

VELDA - we ate at an Amish restaurant in CO near Grand Junction while visiting friends, once, and the food was amazing! I don't know how they do it - and in quantity, too!

Tonite - leftover chili for us! And a salad. I restocked my veggie drawer yesterday.

What's in your fridge/freezer/pantry that looks tempting?

gershwin64

Re: SUPPER CLUB - Friday, Aug 5th

Post by gershwin64 » Fri Aug 05, 2022 7:58 am

Good morning!
I just had slices of our first cantaloupe of the seaso, it was delicious! They taste soooooo much better than store bought 😍
Mary, I believe I get to stay home too today. We've been getting groceries and/ or kids every day this week.
Mosquitoes eat me alive, they will find me from miles and miles away!
So far we have salad and fresh corn on the cob on tonight's menu, maybe zucchini too.... maybe a meatless supper tonight ❀
Tina

WeeOne

Post by WeeOne » Fri Aug 05, 2022 9:38 am

Hope it's OK if I say hello here.
Tina, your Philly Cheesesteak sounds yummy.
MaryZ, hope the spray kills the mosquitoes.
When we were in Longmont yesterday we stopped at the Safeway store. What a difference from Estes, store was almost empty of people. I happened by a package of Crepes. I love using Crepes and even have a Crepe pan to make them. I picked up a package then went back for hamburger, sour cream and a package mix for Beef Stroganoff. Even though I was a bit tired, I made Stroganoff and microwave asparagus for a veggie. One Crepe filled with Stroganoff was enough and less than we eat when I put it over noodles. Less carbs for sure. Have enough for leftovers tonight.
Lyn

zfatcat

Post by zfatcat » Fri Aug 05, 2022 9:57 am

Lyn, you Beef Stroganoff sounds delicious.

Tina, I buy at the farmers market weekly. The fresh fruits and veggies are so much better.

Mary, I don't remember your area ever being this hot for this long before. Hope you cool off for your company coming.

I've been busy quilting up tops. Over the last month I finished 8 quilts. 4 for charity 4 I'm giving to my dad's neighbors. They are always help him out and helped out when my mom was going though dementia as well.

Dinner will be grilled chicken with potatoes and onions on the grill as well. We are in the high 80's to 90's so I don't want to cook inside.

Have a lovely day.
Lori 8-)

QuiltGram8

Post by QuiltGram8 » Fri Aug 05, 2022 4:07 pm

Well supper is over! Sorry I got here too late to set the table with everyone. I was here during coffee this morning, but wanted to wait and post after someone else had comments. Well, I got busy in the sewing room and after lunch, I watch some old episodes of Gunsmoke.
Supper last night got moved to tonight because DH decided we should order a pizza. 😊
That's ok, I said, chicken can wait... So we enjoyed chicken, mashed potatoes, gravy and corn on the cob tonight.
Dishes are in the dishwasher and kitchen all cleaned up.
Nothing of interest tonight on network TV, so we will watch a movie. Either a western or Hallmark. We both like either so I will let DH choose tonight.
A 4 day total of rain for our town was 6.48"
We registered 6.3 on our own rain gauge. That's a lot, but Kentucky ( Eastern Kentucky) got over 12". St Louis, MO got 9" about a week ago. Flooding was devastating for many.
Poor residents out west suffering with drought and fires.
Feeling bad for both extremes.
Hope to get here earlier tomorrow.
Lyn, how nice to see you post! πŸ€—
HUGS, πŸ’• Vel

Return to β€œChit Chat”