Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

SUPPER CLUB - thursday, Aug 4

General discussion of the quilting world, and topics that don't fit in other categories.
purrfect-lady

SUPPER CLUB - thursday, Aug 4

Post by purrfect-lady » Thu Aug 04, 2022 6:46 am

Good morning!

We are cool and breezy this morning, and only going to 70* today with a possible, hopeful, please, bit of rain. We can use it. Our trees are getting pretty droopy and the maples are starting to shed leaves like fall.

Yesterday I went to chiro, worked on my quilt top for a while, prepped supper, and then hit the weeds until 3pm when my low back said enough! Today I have massage at 11:00 and if we get any rain, it will be right after that, so maybe no yard work today. Only a few more afternoons and things will be whipped back into shape out there. We still have half the house to clean so this might be the afternoon for that - or over the weekend when we go back up to 90* for a few days. I hope to get the center portion of my quilt together today, too. It shouldn't take me more than about 90 minutes to get that far. And I just remembered that we planned to hit Costco this afternoon. That settles it - no yard work or heavy duty uglies either for me today. :D :D

TINA - I have never eaten, or made a Philly steak sandwich. What exactly is it and how do you make it?

JANA - good to know about the rug and that if I stop by I will have a cushy place to sit that has been pre-approved! lol!

VELDA - I'm not sure what "wy" means but it sounded like you would approve of our one-pan meal last night. At the last minute I added a jar of alfredo sauce. I thought it was tasty and Bill really liked it. I'm lucky - he likes most everything. it was tasty.

Tonite we have leftovers and I'll add cornbread to the menu.

What's your plan?

QuiltGram8

Re: SUPPER CLUB - thursday, Aug 4

Post by QuiltGram8 » Thu Aug 04, 2022 7:13 am

OMG, Mary, I have no idea what word I was typing when it decided to enter "wy". ????
But I know I would LOVE it!! Ha, I went back to read my post and I was puzzled, too!
So.. to report, I did order a summer-like sandwich last night ( Amish homemade chicken salad on toasted homemade bread). Served with homemade potato chips. Holy cow, so yummy!
Tonight I will try another of the frozen meats I ordered from "Schwan's. Tonight is chicken breasts. Individually wrapped, so I will take out just what we will eat for 1 meal.
Sewing today?? It's not decided yet.
Have a great day.
HUGS, ๐Ÿ’• Vel

gershwin64

Post by gershwin64 » Thu Aug 04, 2022 9:01 am

Good morning!
I managed to stop in early today.
Mary, whenever I get adjusted or a massage they always tell me to not do anything for the rest of the day except drink plenty of water and rest....... I'm thinking your peeps don't tell you that since you get your adjustment and massage early in the day and then go like gangbusters the rest of the day? LOL
To make a philly steak and cheese sandwich I get thin sliced round steak or another kind that I can't remember the name right now. They are usually sliced on the meat tray on top of each other but off set.....I freeze them and then when I get ready to cook I lay them out so they are not froze solid but still pretty frozen, I stand then up on their side and cut thin slices the opposite way as the store did. I set them aside while I thin sliced my onion and bell peppers while I grill the buns that I use......I use whatever buns I can find so it's just whatever long bun you like. I use olive oil on my griddle and start the onion, then separate the thin strips of meat I cut and put Montreal steak seasoning on it. When my onions are close to how I want them then I add the meat, when it's about how I want it I add the bell peppers and finish. We like our bell peppers crunchy and that's why I add them towards the end. When everything is cooked how I want I form it into however many sandwiches I'm making and lay a piece of provolone cheese on each pile and let it melt. On your bun you can leave it or put mayo or mustard or whatever you want,then I add a piece of whichever kind of cheese each person likes on the bottom part of their bun..... Cheddar, jack, American....etc. I then scoop up the pile on the griddle with the melted provolone and put it on top of the cheese on the bottom part of the bun, then add tomatoes and place the top on it, cut in half and serve. To us they are too much to add anything else to eat with them, maybe because I really load them up with bell peppers, I use all different colors of bell peppers to give max flavor.
Vel, I read "vy" yesterday LOL I just thought it meant very yummy๐Ÿ˜„ I'm used to figuring out text abbreviations from Jazmyne LOL it's a different language they use today.
We got another over 1\2" of rain last night! We had about a 3 hour lightening show beforehand and then it rained for at least 3 hours pretty good.
I'm not sure about supper yet.....
Tina

auntjana

Post by auntjana » Thu Aug 04, 2022 11:50 am

Good afternoon!

Home from a short traipse. Needed strawberries and some new bath towels jumped in the cart too. I have been looking for new towels for our bathroom. Found a pretty dark teal blue. Then over to Michael's for a neutral piece of fabric for the quilt backing on my bench pillows. The fabric aisle, just one, was fairly empty - I have more fabric than they do! But there was a piece that would work. Now to load the flower pot bench pillow on my LA to quilt. Still working on the Halloween pillow.

Sarah is stopping by to get the Advent quilt book, by Kimberbell to go over to the LQS to get her fabric for the quilt.

Dinner - either chicken and orzo pasta dish or broccoli cheese soup. Depends on my mood later this afternoon.

Tina - I have done Philly cheese steak sandwiches using ribeye sliced thin. Lots of onions and mushrooms on mine.

Vel - mystery messages! No cooked cabbage allowed in my house either. Now, coleslaw is allowed.

Mary - busy- you will have nothing left for your sisters to do! Someone mentioned fall cleaning? In my calendar, that only happens in the Spring!

Well, time to do something productive,
Hugs,
Jana

gershwin64

Post by gershwin64 » Thu Aug 04, 2022 12:25 pm

Jana, yes! Thin sliced ribeye! I couldn't remember it LOL thank you!
Oh yes some people like mushrooms too Mary, we don't so I forgot to tell you ๐Ÿ˜„
I decided on red cheese enchiladas for supper.
Tina

Return to โ€œChit Chatโ€