Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

SUPPER CLUB - Wed, Aug 3rd

General discussion of the quilting world, and topics that don't fit in other categories.
purrfect-lady

SUPPER CLUB - Wed, Aug 3rd

Post by purrfect-lady » Wed Aug 03, 2022 6:54 am

Good morning.

We were only 54* this morning. That's darn close to the 40's! Fall is coming! Someone was even asking about Secret Santa a few days ago. Thank goodness I have my Christmas shopping already done! :lol:

Yesterday was another busy day around here. Bill was up on the roof blowing off all the fir needles and cleaning the gutters, then spreading out his de-moss treatment. So I climbed into the big garden window in the kitchen and washed all my cookie jar collection, the window, and then polished all the cabinet doors and drawer fronts. After that I worked outside for a few hours, then in my sewing room for another hour. I shut 'er all down at 3:30 and headed for the deck and a cold drink. Today Bill is going to Olympia, probably for all day, to help a friend with his leaky RV window. I have chiropractor, then more yard work, then more sewing. I also need to fine tune my meal plans for when the family gets here and and for our 4-day camping trip with Al & Tina after the other two fly home. August is going to fly by!

JANA - sounds like you have no excuse to ever be late!! Clocks, clocks everywhere! Providential that you found an even better GF clock and a case for Ethan to boot! As to Vicki, that's exactly what our Code Enf guy said would happen - what you described Aaron would do. We'll see. At least the vegetation is growing over much of the garbage so we don't see a lot of it anymore. And she keeps the rats well fed so they don't come over here. Blackberries are now head high where lawn used to be.

VELDA - like you, I use whatever is on hand and will suit the dish when I use the crockpot. When I make beef stew, I use beer, a trick an elderly lady taught me decades ago. Gives a nice flavor. A bit of red wine to spaghetti sauces and white goes into things like chicken. One of my favorite sauces to put over baked chicken is white sauce with a healthy dab of Dijon mustard.

Supper tonite is going to be - I think - a one dish meal in the fry pan - cabbage, onion, turkey kielbasa, macaroni. Not too healthy, I suppose, but a good way to use up the last of everything. Bill likes these kinds of meals. Of course, Bill just likes meals! lol!

What are you liking for tonite?

QuiltGram8

Re: SUPPER CLUB - Wed, Aug 3rd

Post by QuiltGram8 » Wed Aug 03, 2022 7:12 am

Mary, your supper dish sounds wy, but my DH wouldn't. No cabbage, sour krout, or things like that. I really should try fixing it in a smaller batch for my tastes and cook plain smoked sausage for him.
Our burgers were awesome! Fully cooked, so I just had to warm them in countertop oven. Didn't use air fryer setting, just "bake". I fixed veggie and chips and peaches for dessert.
Tonight is music/dance night, so eating out. Not sure what I will order, but I am tired of the "all you can eat soup and salad bar". I wish we could eat at a different place. Our friend doesn't like Mc Donald's, so we don't suggest any other place. The family restaurant that we used to go to, isn't open on Wednesday evenings anymore. COVID messed up everything!
Don't think I will sew today.
HUGS, 💕 Vel

auntjana

Post by auntjana » Wed Aug 03, 2022 11:58 am

Good afternoon!

The rug is in place and is just perfect! I knew it would be. Took a bit of engineering to unroll it into place, but that is what Michael does best. It's Karlie approved to sit on too!

So I am down here, ready to do some embroidery work on my October Bench pillow - just need to grab my Sulky rayon thread containers for the right colors - mostly orange and black.

Dinner - leftover banned noodle cassarole. I made half of what I usually make, it it still is more that we needed.

Karlie and Ethan are doing a tour of the school in a few minutes. Sarah is taking them and Kari is meeting the group after her lunch meeting. She wants to see the school too. The two most important rooms are, their classroom and Aunt Sandee's room. And maybe the bathroom! Ok, forgot the lunch room - termites need to eat.

My new clock was a good buy - saved over 50% of list price - that really didn't matter, as I had determined my budget before hand and knew the limit I would spend. Nomatter how much i loved it. But saving is a good thing!

Well, Sarah will be here shortly and I have a little girl's hair to tame. She has long hair and hates to have it combed - bribes work! LOL! Sometimes boys are easier!

Hugs,
Jana

gershwin64

Post by gershwin64 » Wed Aug 03, 2022 3:28 pm

Hi everyone!
This is a run through.
We went in for a grocery pick up earlier and over got to get started on supper soon. I'm making philly steak and cheese sandwiches.
Tina

Return to “Chit Chat”