Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

SUPPER CLUB - Monday, August 1st

General discussion of the quilting world, and topics that don't fit in other categories.
purrfect-lady

SUPPER CLUB - Monday, August 1st

Post by purrfect-lady » Mon Aug 01, 2022 4:09 am

Good morning,

I woke up at 0145 this morning and that was all she wrote for my night. Sigh. My head will be bobbing this evening in front of the TV for sure. I think our heat wave has broken. Hooray! We should only be about 80* today. We set a record for the PNW - 6 days above 90*. Not a big deal to most of you, but for here it was - well - record setting! We be heat wimps here.

Yesterday I finished up the 25 6" leaf blocks that make up the center of my quilt. I hope to get started sewing them together today. Then I have to make 88 4" Broken Dishes blocks and after that 36 more leaf blocks. It's kind of a medallion quilt, I guess. But I'm hoping my energy level picks up as our temps go down because there's more house chores to be done before my rascal siblings arrive in two weeks. I did get all the upstairs pictures and frames washed along with some baseboards and glass cabinet doors. Today - laundry, dusting, and a few other things. To be honest, they won't notice if I do these things or not, but I'm using them as impetus to get them done. Bill always says we should clean AFTER people leave, not before. lol! There is some merit to his logic, I suppose.

CAROL - you have a really busy but really fun week ahead of you! I looked up the class you are taking. It sounds intriguing! I love making pictures with fabric. Do you know yet what color wildflowers you will be making? I'll be looking to hear more about your class after you take it. Your cat doesn't sleep on your bed? I don't think I've ever had one of those kinds of cats. It's second nature to me now to never EVER lay clean clothes on the bed! lol!

VELDA - we all need a lazy day now and then.

LORI - you'll be having fun at the Quilt show, too! I've been to Houston twice. And Seattle used to have a big show that I went to, but no more. Then it moved to Tacoma and Bill and I both helped to set up, and later take down quilts there. That was HARD work! Better to do the white glove thing. Now that show is gone, too. :cry:

JANA - did you get your rain yet? Your basement is getting quite crowded. Any more people move in and you'll be setting up your machine on your deck! Your Halloween bench pillow sounds nice. I wouldn't mind making one, sans machine embroidery, but then I'd have to get a bench. So I will just enjoy yours and Lori's when they're done.

I will have to think about supper - maybe I'll just put some chicken in the crockpot with potatoes and carrots and onions and see what happens. I was thinking of grilling it, but this sounds better to me.

What sounds good to you?

QuiltGram8

Re: SUPPER CLUB - Monday, August 1st

Post by QuiltGram8 » Mon Aug 01, 2022 4:58 am

Good morning! We are getting a little cool rain this morning. It's supposed to get hot later on, but enjoying a nice breeze for now. I really enjoyed the movie afternoon yesterday. Then DH had me order a pizza for pickup at their drive thru window. So chicken an spaghetti 🍝 waits until tonight. πŸ˜‰
I am interested in your crockpot chicken with taters and carrots. Do you use chicken broth or a special seasoning? I like crockpot dishes.
Not sure what I will busy myself with today. Need to do laundry and we both will shower after our coffee time.
Hummingbirds are sure busy feeding this morning. So fun to watch them.
Enjoy whatever you all find to do today!
HUGS, πŸ’• Vel

gershwin64

Post by gershwin64 » Mon Aug 01, 2022 9:40 am

Good morning!
I didn't make it here yesterday.... wonder what happened, I started reading and then got sidetracked I guess.
Mary, glad your temps are coming down! Ours are going up. You'll be zooming around like a bee getting all your stuff done for the big visit, how fun though! I know you're excited to have you all together ❀
I was watering the front yard things right but I got a little too warm and came in, Frankie said he'll do the back watering for me. It kinda gave me a little headache so I'll be in the rest of the day. Frankie used the weed eater and mowed the front yesterday and our sprinkler system watered at 2am to 6am this morning, it looks great! I just watered the bushes, trees and flower pots out there this morning.
Vel, I love John Wayne movies too! My mom did too and she loved Roy Rogers too. I had a friend who is an artist do pencil/charcoal pics of John Wayne and another of Roy Rogers about 20 years ago for her. They are about 20x24 framed. I love those pictures ❀
Jana, are you sure you're going to have room in the batt cave for you to still get to sew? I hope you don't get kicked out of your own batt cave! That would be a bad thing, a very bad thing!
Carol, oh my goodness look at all you're doing and going places! Wow, sounds like great fun! Looking forward to seeing what you do in your classes!
Tonight is Dad's night, I'm thinking beef and noodles and a salad. You all talking about crockpot cooking and I think I'll do that too ❀
I'll be working on my spinning tops blocks, shhhhh don't tell anyone πŸ€«πŸ˜‰
Tina

auntjana

Post by auntjana » Mon Aug 01, 2022 10:20 am

Good morning!

Oh we are getting hot today. Glad I live in the upper elevations. We are usually about 10 degrees cooler than the valley floor. So when they are in the 100's , I am only in the 90s which is tolerable. It cloudy and muggy, just waiting for our 2pm thunderstorm.

Dinner - leaning towards chicken fried chicken with gravy - the good country style and mashed taters- I know it's the heavy laden special for a hot day, but I'm in the mood for the gravy. And since I'm the chief cook and bottle washer, I get my way, LOL!

Still need to go out to Costco and Winco. Off to a late start today. We are discussing a anniversary pres, it's our 47th in 2 weeks. I have suggested a Grandfather Clock, one with weights. I have two spaces it could live in, so we shall see.

Better get going,
Hugs,
Jana

auntjana

Post by auntjana » Mon Aug 01, 2022 2:19 pm

Home from scavenger hunt. Found everything on my list. Food is stocked up for this week, at least.

Got the rug at Costco and Aaron is on his way to haul it downstairs for us. Such great kids!

Also the EIR report for a new Grandfather clock has been filed and approved! Found a very nice one, at a shop uptown that we will go look at. Right size, right color and most of all, right price! It's by Howard Miller, called Duvall. I found it at the Mt Olympus Clock Shop online . We will go tomorrow to see it in person. The number one spot I want it is in front of a set of light switches. But having a electrical engineer who knows house wiring, the one switch that is needed can be moved to make it easily accessible. The other two switches are duplicate to other switches and I never turn these on. They are three way switches controlling lights in my great room. So we will see.

Jana

Quilter7

Post by Quilter7 » Mon Aug 01, 2022 7:02 pm

Good Evening,

It is hot and sticky here today. Dinner is finally in the oven.

Jana - Yea! You get the Grandfather Clock you wanted. Congratulations on the Anniversary too.

Tina - I thought I posted already today, but no I did not. You sound like you are keeping busy. Hope you got to work all you wanted on "you know what". Is the AC working?

Vel - Chicken and Spaghetti sounds interesting. I love spaghetti. Glad you had a relaxing day yesterday.

Maryz - Sorry for your not sleeping. I usually go to the living room couch and sleep if I wake up and cannot get back to sleep. It usually puts me right to sleep.

Since we had Pizza last night for dinner, we are having Stuffed Pepper Casserole tonight. I spent the morning running errands and this afternoon cutting fabric.

Carol

Return to β€œChit Chat”