Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

SUPPER CLUB - Sunday, July 31st

General discussion of the quilting world, and topics that don't fit in other categories.
purrfect-lady

SUPPER CLUB - Sunday, July 31st

Post by purrfect-lady » Sun Jul 31, 2022 6:48 am

Good morning,

Today is the last day of our hear wave. We'll be dropping 15 degrees tomorrow to 80. I'm more of a 75* person myself, but I'll take what I can get and be happy with it.

Yesterday was haircut, Goodwill, unplanned pizza lunch w/ friends, cleaning my craft cabinet, and a wee bit of sewing. Today - sewing, and some small uglies and maybe I'll get started on some of the preparations I want to do before family hits our deck in 2 weeks, like stocking the bathroom with shower supplies and more towels.

CAROL - Our cat sleeps wherever he wants to - which is usually our bed. Amazing how small a king-sized bed can get when an 18# cat stretches out between you! lol! And if it's a very cold or noisy night (fireworks, thunder, etc), we end up sharing with a 30# sheltie, too. :D Foxy's food dish and his day-sleeping basket are in my sewing room, out of sheltie's reach. This is their home and we are merely the servants. :lol:

TINA - excuse me, but I think you mis-spoke when you said you didn't get much done! Girl, I'm kind of busy all day but you put me to shame! I almost, but not quite, feel guilty! I'm glad you're getting your solar repaired. I wonder if it's been like that since Day One . . . . .

JANA - that was a rough way to get your drawers cleaned! But whatever works! :lol: I'm not getting the vain part of bifocals. Nobody can really see them. I've worn bifocals since I was 11. I did wear contacts from age 27 to about age 57 and finally gave them up because I was wearing reading glasses by then anyway for almost everything I do so I decided to quit paying for Rx glasses, reading glasses, and contacts. My mom wore trifocals so she could play piano. Spaghetti or stroganoff would be a hard choice. I'd have to have some of each, I think!

VELDA - what a great find the chair was and now it's all fresh! My walking neighbor, Lori, and her DD found an "occasional" chair at a thrift shop last week and also refinished it and redid the cushion. They painted the arms a checkerboard (which sounds weird but looks funky cool). Yesterday I saw a floor lamp at Goodwill that matched that checkerboard almost perfectly so I think they went and bought it. We have a DQ here but no dances that I've ever seen! Just burgers and ice cream.

Since we had a spur of the moment pizza lunch yesterday, we skipped the burgers for supper and just had salad and our corn on the cob. I also had a bit of watermelon. So once again, our burgers got punted. I guess we'll have them tonite now, with more salad.

What supper thoughts are rolling around in your head that might be rolling around on your plate later tonight?

auntjana

Re: SUPPER CLUB - Sunday, July 31st

Post by auntjana » Sun Jul 31, 2022 8:24 am

Good morning!

It's a beautiful day here in the mountain west! The weather has definitely changed, monsoons are predicted to start this afternoon. Rain will be welcome.

Church is a bit later this morning. After we get home, I hope to work on my Halloween bench pillow. I have the pieces cut and the main fabric marked as to where the embroideries are placed. You measure from a center point, draw lines where you place that line in the center of the hoop. Stitch, and then move to the next section. A still new technique to me, but hopefully learning it.

Dinner - is our usual brunch for us. Daniel may cook something, we'll see. He is putting together a office space down in the Batt Cave for his work. Over in a far corner in the train area. He is adapting my old sewing machine cabinet to use a his computer station.

Mary - fun impromptu days are great! Those maple leaf blocks will be done before the leaves fall!

Time to scoot,
Hugs,
Jana

zfatcat

Post by zfatcat » Sun Jul 31, 2022 10:14 am

Jana, I've got some Halloween fabrics out. Time to get my Halloween stuff started. I think I have a pattern for a bench pillow. Maybe I'll try one.

Mary, you are always on the go busy. And Tina is crazy busy. I don't think she sits down all day long.

I went back to the fair on Friday with a friend. We saw Brett Eldredge in concert. They have a very nice venue on the fair grounds. Yesterday I finished up the book, "Were the Crawdads Sing." It was a good story. I wanted to finish reading it so I can go see the movie while it's still in the theaters. So hopefully I go this week. I have to go to the Verizon store because my phone isn't working right. It's only a year old so hopefully they can figure out the problem and fix it. I think it's the SIMS card.

Dinner will be chili tonight. Easy.

Have a lovely day.
Lori 8-)

QuiltGram8

Post by QuiltGram8 » Sun Jul 31, 2022 11:56 am

Lazy day here. Watching an old John Wayne movie " Son's of Katie Elder" I love John Wayne movies.
Supper is chicken and leftover spaghetti I had in the freezer. Probably a salad too.
Have a great day!
HUGS, 💕 Vel

Quilter7

Post by Quilter7 » Sun Jul 31, 2022 1:20 pm

Good Afternoon,

Today i am preparing for a busy week. On Wednesday I will be going to the fashion district in downtown Los Angeles on a bus tour. The tour leaves out of Long Beach. It is part of the International Quilt Festival. Thursday I am taking a half day class and on Friday I will be doing a white glove shift. Then on Saturday I will be going to my niece's baby shower. I need to prepare for class and for the baby shower. I have washed fabric for the class so today I will be ironing it. I also want to make a blouse and two handbags. The fabric is washed and needs to be ironed as well. I must admit I am looking forward to cutting fabric and getting it ready to sew.

Maryz - The heat wave will be over tomorrow, and you will get back to sewing or maybe you will just go into full cleaning mode. Only a few more weeks until family arrives. Has the ten-day trailer for the folks that went on a cruise left yet? Love that you found so many treasures at Goodwill! BTW our cat does not sleep on our bed. In a year and a half, she has laid down on the bed only a few times in the middle of the day when we were not in the room. She is a weird cat.

Jana - I had contacts from 23 until 60, the last 20 years of that time one eye saw close and the other far away. After cataract surgery I think my glasses are mostly for my astigmatism, but I do need them!

Tina - You get a lot done. If you have a few days a year you don't get much done it is okay! It will give the rest of us a chance to catch up! lol

Vel - Enjoy the move.

Lori - Hope you get to go to the movie. I know you also have plans to go to Long Beach Quilt Festival this week sometime.

Dinner tonight will be Stuffed Pepper Casserole. I bought some fresh bell peppers at the Farmer's Market yesterday.

Carol

zfatcat

Post by zfatcat » Sun Jul 31, 2022 3:56 pm

Carol, I'm doing white glove on Saturday. Sorry I'll miss you. What class are you taking?
Lori 8-)

Quilter7

Post by Quilter7 » Sun Jul 31, 2022 4:09 pm

Lori - Just a half day class called "Wildflowers Fabric Collage" with Jane Haworth, Quilt Artist. I just wanted to take something fun. I really like wildflowers so maybe that is why this appealed to me. I am really looking forward to the bus trip on Wednesday. Quite a few of us from the Guild will be going. I found out that we will be getting a 20% discount at Michael Levine.

zfatcat

Post by zfatcat » Sun Jul 31, 2022 4:29 pm

I've gone down there before. You'll have fun.
Lori 8-)

Return to “Chit Chat”